• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ideas for new Pokémon anime mini-series

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
  • Well, people, it's about time we can discuss this.

The main anime is finally ending after 25 years, and Ash will soon pass the torch as protagonist to other characters. That means all the efforts to make a Pokémon anime without Ash work, such as Origins, Generations, Evolutions, PokéToon, Twilight Wings and Hisuian Snow, have worked. Furthermore, I'm not alone in thinking that this will likely be the norm from now on. The sky is the limit as to what can be done with Pokémon in animation, either made for TV or for the web.

My question is, what kind of Pokémon animated mini-series would you like to see in the future? Perhaps you'd like to see more straightforward adaptations of the game plots like Origins was, despite that being a stretch at the moment. Or maybe a change in genre - comedy, slice of life, thriller, horror... As I said, the sky is the limit now. Go wild!

----------

As for what I would like, I'm still ga-ga over the Scraggy and Mimikyu 1940s-style short that served as the opener for the PokeToon series. I would love it if they made an entire series of shorts in the same style featuring those two, and other Pokémon as well, in a similar vein to the Looney Tunes or Merry Melodies cartoons. I would also love it if there was a mini-series based on S/V in the same style of Twilight Wings, expanding on the characters and their motivations. Lastly, I wouldn't mind a more darkly comedic Pokémon mini-series. I know that's probably pushing the envelope, but Sw/Sh and S/V had no shortage of black comedy and I want TPC to follow up on it!

Years
  • I want to see mini-series that are prequels to stories/characters from individual games. So for Scarlet and Violet (SV spoilers ahead!)
    Spoiler:
    Would be a good idea to flesh Nemona out that way too; seeing her adventures from student to Champion would have made for an awesome series. There really is a lot they can work on to give us more lore that may not fit into the games!

Back