• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pricing] Identify card worth

Days
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Hi there, I have only just started collecting cards and can find values on all of them except one. It is a Machamp VMAX 073/189. it is reverse holo and I cannot see this card anywhere after a lot of research. It was pulled from a Crown Zenith pack.
    If anyone has any info on this card or a link to any details on this card it would be much appreciated. :)

Years
    Hi there, I have only just started collecting cards and can find values on all of them except one. It is a Machamp VMAX 073/189. it is reverse holo and I cannot see this card anywhere after a lot of research. It was pulled from a Crown Zenith pack.
    If anyone has any info on this card or a link to any details on this card it would be much appreciated. :)

VMax cards only come in a "whole card is holo" holo style, both for the regular version and the rainbow version. That may be why you can't find anything, as you're looking for the wrong information.

Days
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    VMax cards only come in a "whole card is holo" holo style, both for the regular version and the rainbow version. That may be why you can't find anything, as you're looking for the wrong information.

Are you able to find the information on this card? I can find lots of other machamp vmax cards but the background is different to all the others I have seen and also the HP is 780.

https://ibb.co/0Kd3XVW

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Are you able to find the information on this card? I can find lots of other machamp vmax cards but the background is different to all the others I have seen and also the HP is 780.

https://ibb.co/0Kd3XVW

It's a counterfeit. To this date, barring a few oversized cards, no legitimate card has 400+ HP.

I've seen these box-style "booster packs" at $1 stores before. $1 stores are notorious for selling fake cards.

Days
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    It's a counterfeit. To this date, barring a few oversized cards, no legitimate card has 400+ HP.

I've seen these box-style "booster packs" at $1 stores before. $1 stores are notorious for selling fake cards.

this box was purchased at a smiths toy store which is a legitimate store. I noticed they had a promo box of crown zenith cards with one box remaining. If this is a counterfeit card I will be very disappointed as the rest of the cards are legitimate. How can I be sure this is a counterfeit card before I sue one of the largest retail stores in the UK? :D

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    this box was purchased at a smiths toy store which is a legitimate store. I noticed they had a promo box of crown zenith cards with one box remaining. If this is a counterfeit card I will be very disappointed as the rest of the cards are legitimate. How can I be sure this is a counterfeit card before I sue one of the largest retail stores in the UK? :D
    The unusually high HP is enough of a giveaway, but there currently aren't any official full-art cards with the type icons stamped into the background either. Even if it were somehow printed on a different foil than usual, we'd still see the background imagery through it.

It's highly unlikely that this was the only fake in the pack. Sometimes the holos are just easier to tell. Feel free to post images of some of the other cards as well as more pics of the pack so we can review them.

Years

Sometimes legitimate retailers will get fakes in products because the distributors of the cards do their own unauthorized (when I say unauthorized, I mean The Pokemon Company contractually bars distributors from making their own card bundles but some distributors do it anyway) "repacks" of cards they buy off the secondhand market in bulk, and they don't bother to filter out fakes. And sometimes some distributors cut corners very aggressively and just stock the shelves with counterfeit product. And it could even be an employee or someone else substituting the authentic product with counterfeit product since "kids won't notice or care".

EDIT: also looking specifically at your photo, the pack itself looks extremely fake. I think most of the cards may actually be counterfeits.

Buying counterfeits happens, as the target of counterfeits is people who won't know how to tell, like you and your kid, for example.

The Pokemon Company also used to have a form for submitting a report for where counterfeit product was purchased from on their website, but now I can't find it.

Last edited:
    Back