• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokémon existed, which would you own?

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years
  • I would have a full team of six!

-First of all, i'd have a Vaporeon, it's my favorite Pokemon, so it's a no-brainer! It would mostly be a pet, but i'd love to train it to race in the water so it can compete in races!

-Lilligant would be my gardening buddy, I love to take care of plants so it's perfect!

-I've always wanted a pet spider the size of a dog, and Spidops is so cool!

-Hattrem is such a cute Pokemon, so i'd love to have one as a friend! I also hate loud noises, they give me headaches easily, so hattrem can make sure people don't get to loud!

-Dachsbun is such a cute loaf and I want one.

-and Okidogi would be a good friend and a reliable body guard!

And that's what i'd have if Pokemon were real!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Going under the assumption that Pokeballs still don't exist, (meaning that you'd actually need to house them, feed them, etc) and a few other things like 'what are actually the chances of getting a Legendary creature to crash in your house', I'd have:

Absol (duh)
    Gardevoir
    Luxray
    Pawmot
    Sylveon
    Zorua

All of these choices take into account the PokeDex entries as well. I easily have the space to keep them all, feeding them however might be a bit tough. In the event I wasn't able to properly care for the 6, I'd (probably not get them all at once in the first place so I wouldn't have to give some away in the case I couldn't take care of them lol) remove them from this list in this order: Pawmot, Luxray. I'd make it work with the others, no matter what.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Our house would be full of cat/cat-like Pokémon and a couple small doggos. A few Meowth, a couple Litten and a Torracat or two, a Persian, Eevee (or Leafeon), a couple Umbreon, Sprigatito, Purrloin... Not quite sure what the Bostons would best translate into (somewhere between Electrike, Snubbull, and Herdier).

Though "my" Pokémon would probably just be Eevee/Leafeon. Might claim one of the Umbreon and Litten too. And possibly a Shedinja since it wouldn't require extra food.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I'd just have a growlithe and a vulpix for company. I wouldn't mind a few bellsprout or oddish hanging around the porch or a chimecho living under the eaves, but they'd have to fend for themselves.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I'd want a Galarian Rapidash, for sure! Even though that might be a lot to handle for me. I'm afraid as much as I adore horses, I have never actually had one to take care of. I would also want a Galarian Ponyta which is a lot smaller and might be fit for the house.

Alolan Vulpix, as well! Fletchling for an adorable pet bird.

Beyond that, I really like Fennekin and Sprigatito. I'm a dog lover, so I think I'd have a Lillipup or Herdier. If they ever make a French bulldog Pokemon, that will be a must have!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Probably none? Would not be a great person to own a pet at the moment. Imagines Pokemon transportation being common, though. Who needs cars and buses when you could Teleport? Rarely goes too far or too often. Could probably get by with an Abra or something.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Probably like a Yamper, a Sprigatito, and whatever Pokemon would be best for hacking the bank accounts of billionaires

Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Might be the most boring selection ever. Gen 1 Meowth, Growlithe, and mew? Gen 2: furret, granbull, and houndour? Gen 3: poochyena, Skitty, and eletrike. Gen 4: (I'm biased.) bidoof, shinx, buizel, buneary, glameow and riolu. Gen 5: (again bias.) lillipup, purrloin, drilbur, and miccinno? Gen 6: bunnelby, furfrou, and meowstic? Gen 7: litten, rockruff, and komal? Gen 8: scorbunny, yamper, eiscue? And finally gen 9: sprigatito, pawmi, fidough, and greavard. These are kinda of the safest choices of real life pets, but I did go off on some tangents here and there and to some extent. Pokemon wouldn't be safe to keep in most cases. But I do have more favorites throughout the gen 1 through 9.

Years
  • As much as I'd love an Aurorus... housing and feeding it is gonna be troublesome for me.
    Not sure I'd be able to take care of a Milotic. I have no experience with aquatic animals.
    So more realistic options...

Glaceon, for obvious reasons :coolcat: could also help me cool down on those hot summer days as well
    Delphox for helping me win the lotteries and setting my house on fire to counter the winter cold. I assume it can control it's fire output; should be helpful during Winter. Also; friendo.
    Meowscarada for blowing up any unwanted visitors who ring my doorbell. It likes to bomb foes... I wouldn't be a foe though... hopefully. Kinda feel like Delphox should help keep it in check regardless. Cat friendo
    Espeon. Loyal kitty with psychic powers....
    Indeedee. my private servant. Would be a great help with daily life tbh.
    Goodra.... not particularly thrilled about the slime... seems like a good mon to have otherwise, friendly & strong. The slime doesn't bother me enough to discard it as an option.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Houndoom – This would be my primary Pokémon, my guard dog, that would be outdoors protecting my home from intruders and other threats.

Starmie – My favorite Pokémon, I will install a huge aquarium in my house so it can enjoy its life.

Furfrou – While Houndoom would be my outdoor guard dog, Furfrou would be my house dog. I would love to have one around and keep it groomed.

Persian – It will be my house cat Pokémon. I would have it use Pay Day, so it can bring me money and I would never have to work again.

Corviknight – My pet bird Pokémon that would fly me whenever I need to go. It would also be part of my personal aviary.

Miltank – Of course I am going to have a farm. I will breed Miltank to sell some good Moo Moo Milk.

Blaziken – I have to stay in shape. Blaziken would be a great companion I have to train with and keep me fit.

Xurkitree – It seems like a creature that doesn't mind standing in one place and generating electricity to power my home. Thus, I would never have to pay another electric bill again.

Gruffin

Kwip yip!
    Days
  • Realistically, I would probably have an Eevee as a household pet. Not that I wouldn't love a dragon friend, though...

Days
    • He/Him/My Lordship
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    I'd go for the full 6.

Mightyena, Boltund, Absol, Houndoom, Arcanine and Stoutland.
    I want a full pack of doggos.
    But also, kind of practical.
    Who the hell would dare break into a house with a hellhound, evil hyena, fire breathing giant dog, an electric greyhound, a giant hairy angry looking terrier and a wolf with a blade attached to its head?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I want to say I'd have a Cherrim but given I don't go outside much and I'm always sitting in the dark on my computer, I think a real one would be miserable with me lmfao.

I think the closest analogue to my current pet cat would be a Pichu because they both like to chew on the cords of electronics. :) So let's say I have a Pichu and maybe a magic Cherrim that doesn't need to go outside to be happy (oof).

I'm lazy so I don't think I'd have more than that--pets are a big responsibility!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    I want to say I'd have a Cherrim but given I don't go outside much and I'm always sitting in the dark on my computer, I think a real one would be miserable with me lmfao.
    Could happen someday, given convergent and regional forms. Why not create Mirrehc, the Late Bloomer Pokemon? Or, if a Paradox Pokemon, Midnight Blossom. Blooms in darkness/moonlight. Grass/Dark. Has strong stats, but becomes weaker in the sun. Learns Lunar Dance and Lunar Blessing, much like Cresselia.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • My choice is Celebi, wholeheartedly. Even without the cool time travel powers (don't wanna break spacetime here), I think it'd be awesome to have all my plants thrive and our home always filled with clean air!

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I'd keep mine just as a nice pet or to occasionally assist me with something. Something cute but still a bit strange to stay unique would be cool. Something like Shuppet, Honedge, or Rotom. Although the cat lover in me would love having a Skitty!

Years
  • as much as i wanna say Crobat, i feel it'd be too wild and dangerous for my risk-averse ass. gimme a Lillipup and an Everstone.

Back