• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could have any starter, which would it be?

Years
  • I'd go with Bulbasaur or Snivy. Grass mons seem to be the best type of pets that wouldn't make too much of a mess. Although with Bulbasaur you have to be careful of its poison. I honestly think it would be cool to have a Bulbasaur as a pet because it can use its vines for many things. It can help you cook or reach for something. Snivy I like because of its design. Once it evolves it would be cool to have as a pet.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Probably none. Would not be a great pet owner and maybe allergies?

If forced, Eevee. Likes the evolutions. Seems manageable with its evolutions.

Reasoning on the others: Cannot give a Water-type a great life. Avoids Fire-types because of the fire hazard. Passes on Pikachu for the electrical hazard side of things. Imagines Grass types preferring to be out in the sunlight. (Pictures Sprigatito as a big sunbeam napper.)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • My TrainerSona has a grey Eevee based on my cat, so...!

Otherwise, despite my love for Wartortle, it's easier to see myself with a Sprigatito. I doubt it would be much different from having an actual cat and may even be cheaper since it can photosynthesize. I'm not so fond of Meowscarada though, but I wouldn't be much of a battler so it probably wouldn't evolve anyway (maybe I'd find an Everstone while rock-hunting and give it to it for safe measure).

(Ignoring Eeveelutions since LG Eevee doesn't evolve.)

Last edited:

Charcadet121

Emotional Warrior of Justice
    Days
  • Well, considering I am a fire type myself, I have the fireproof room required to raise a fire type. So, I have to go with Litten.

Years
  • Sprigatito, Chikorita, Fennekin and probably Eevee as well even though Let's Go eevee can't evolve.
    If I had to pick one I'd go with Sprigatito, Chikorita and Fennekin as I refuse to pick between them =P

Years
  • Now that there are 27(+) options, it's hard to decide on just one.
    Quite satisfyingly, my favourite starter-type alternated across generations, in order;
    Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Turtwig, Tepig, Froakie, Rowlet, Scorbunny…
    But then Fuecoco came along and changed that pattern. It broke the trend of being overly-humanised, gets a cool signature move in its final for, and is generally just great.

So I guess they'd be my favourite starters of each generation. It's honestly too hard to decide on a favourite overall.

Years
  • Squirtle. Wartortle is my favorite starter ever and I would never evolve it. <3

But man is it hard to choose. I also adore Chikorita, Bulbasaur, Litten, Fennekin, and Scorbunny a lot among others. If I had to pick a close second it'd probably be Chikorita..?

Back