• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could make one decision for the Gen 10 games, what would it be?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Specifically about art? In that case: one unique animation for each Pokemon. Becomes a much better or worse game, depending on the Pokemon. Lacks any good ideas for new Pokemon. Why not bolster the new ones and existing ones, then? Could be an attack animation (something for any of Hitmonchan's punching moves), a resting animation (a big flop down for Snorlax), an ability animation (a fancier Hunger Switch for Morpeko), or something else.

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Give the writing/dialogue a massive overhaul and do away with the piss-poor drivel that are 'conventions' to the series and not make me care about the trainers. (ie. every third NPC remarking on your 'strong' team, the villains belittling the player as a 'kid'. Can't think of any more, these are the biggest offenders). Needs more realistic underlying wit as opposed to stating the obvious.

Years
    • Seen today
    If this accounts for Gen 10 as a whole: (it only says mainline games and I'm not sure if remakes still fall under that umbrella)

When they get around to the remakes - stop remaking the inferior versions of the games. Being faithful to the original versions while an objectively better third version was made, is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard out of the gaming industry.

I suppose if Black/White are going to be remade next, it doesn't matter so much.

---

If it's for the first games that release, I would like to see them go back to the 2D top down style. They seemed to be stronger at that and I would have liked to see them keep evolving and perfecting, rather than go into 3D and become lackluster at it.

Years
  • Decisions that actually matter/make a difference. Their dialogue-loop-untill-you-say-the-thing-GF-wants-you-to-say garbage was already outdated 15 years ago.
    If anything their dialogue loop rubbish will often make me hate a character I would otherwise potentially still be neutral on. Nemona is gen 9's example of this. I disliked her after the first playthrough, but it wasn't a very strong dislike. Having recently replayed base game SV in Scarlet has made me loathe her though, such an annoying character AND you can't even avoid being forced into being friends with her.... :rolleyes:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Specifically about art? In that case: one unique animation for each Pokemon. Becomes a much better or worse game, depending on the Pokemon. Lacks any good ideas for new Pokemon. Why not bolster the new ones and existing ones, then? Could be an attack animation (something for any of Hitmonchan's punching moves), a resting animation (a big flop down for Snorlax), an ability animation (a fancier Hunger Switch for Morpeko), or something else.
    This is a good shout. I'd go further and say just do better attack/receiving damage animations across the board, which is a big ask but it makes the world of difference in making battles look good or not. Besides, battles are the main part of gameplay - this should look like the best part of the game!

Outside of art... an online system on bar with XY's PSS. It has seemingly gotten worse every generation since.

Reactions: Nah

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • NO GYMS. Like seriously, just no gyms. I don't even want different gyms or gyms but also other sidequests like in SV. I just do not want gyms and if gyms return I might not even purchase the new games.

I prefer to see an entirely new checkpoint system but I can't really think of one now. Seriously, do NOT put gyms in the game anymore.

Back