• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could only play one Pokémon game...

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
  • Definitely SoulSilver. It's one of the very few Pokemon games I haven't even touched yet, and I loved playing through Gold and Crystal.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh no, I don't think I could choose.. Can I wait until SwSh comes out and answer then?

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • It's a hard choice between Platinum and either one of HGSS (and which one of them would be another hard choice).
    On one hand, Sinnoh is my absolute favourite region and Platinum has one of the best storylines ever; on the other hand, gen 2 is the generation I'm the most nostalgic about, it has many of my favourite Pokémon (though gen 4 also has many) and my favourite set of starters, and it's also packed full of stuff to do with the two regions. Maybe I'd go with SoulSilver, as despite Gold and HeartGold being my original choices I prefer the exclusive Pokémon SoulSilver has.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Either Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky, Pokemon Conquest or Pokemon Emerald. All of these games have a lot to do after the post game, and for me in particular, have very high replay value.

Years
  • For me I think it would have to be HeartGold. Emerald's actually a tad higher on my favorite game list, but HG/SS (and the 4th gen overall) added so many QoL improvements from the previous gen, that I have to pass on Emerald here.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • HGSS. Lots of stuff to do - and not just talking about it having two regions in it. Pokeathlon, the Battle Frontier, Gym Rematches/number collective, photos, the Pokewalker... lots of great content, and as I have personal bias (nostalgia) for those games I'd be happy to replay as well. I have played it multiple times, after all. :V

Years
    • Seen today
    Emerald.

I could spend years training up and trying to achieve all the gold symbols.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky!

There's no superior game.

If I had to choose a main series game, I'd go with Platinum.

Last edited:
    Back