• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you didn't have username colors, what donation perks would you be interested in?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    When I donated, I kinda didn't do it for any of the perks. Just because at that time I was interested in giving a bit back. But I think something visual would be cool.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Back when I first donated I did because I wanted a bigger avatar. Now if I ever do donate again it'd simply be helping the site I don't care for perks lmao.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Yeah, like the others have said, perks aren't really why I donated. Sure, the gold name is nice, but knowing I helped keep the server up for another 5 minutes during a busy period was enough for me.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Do profile themes only activate when you donate, too?? I can't remember, but I like profile customization, and bigger avatar / profile pic, though I doubt I'd donate just for those! If it didn't put money towards helping the site, I wouldn't donate at all. I like the perks, but they're not worth the money themselves, not without the incentive of helping.

What would we be interested in? Can we give new ideas?? I'd like PC to have EVEN MORE customization somehow.. but if you take it any farther postbits could start getting tacky, so maybe that's a bad idea. lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It is very nice to hear that people donate out of goodwill and not as a purchase :D I donated my way up to plat supp because I had money to spare and didn't mind, but I admit the unlimited name changes was what tipped me over at last ahah.

Obviously people might on the fence about donating at this current time, with the owner situation :/ but PC still, throughout all this, has a bill that needs to be paid, and it seems like the admins will need to pay out of our own pockets for a while, especially if we want to try and get less pesky ads around the site O.o unclear exactly how the situation will end just yet. But it will get solved, one way or another. And if a really dire time comes, perhaps we will start asking kindly for small donations again to keep the site running ;; And perhaps interesting perks can then tip some more people over the edge like they did me c:

Do profile themes only activate when you donate, too?? I can't remember, but I like profile customization, and bigger avatar / profile pic, though I doubt I'd donate just for those! If it didn't put money towards helping the site, I wouldn't donate at all. I like the perks, but they're not worth the money themselves, not without the incentive of helping.

What would we be interested in? Can we give new ideas?? I'd like PC to have EVEN MORE customization somehow.. but if you take it any farther postbits could start getting tacky, so maybe that's a bad idea. lol
    Oh you will see 8) You. Will. See.

8)

maybe a virtual deer

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • yeah, goodwill is definitely one of the better places to go for stuff. the one we'd frequent in colorado often had brand new clothes donated, still in celafane and everything! some people are really nice.

OT though: it would be very cool if it were possible for supporters to wield some of the web technologies that make PC run. Probably not to the extent of writing JavaScript or React, but having things like personal stylesheets that are applied for everyone and allowing some kind of UI building would be amazeballs.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I despise this teir's color. It boring grey. Def didn't donate for this perk.

Tbh I donated just because I had the cash to do so, and I've been here a while, so I thought it'd be nice to do.

Still waiting on that email cough cough

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I despise this teir's color. It boring grey. Def didn't donate for this perk.

Tbh I donated just because I had the cash to do so, and I've been here a while, so I thought it'd be nice to do.

make plats pink 8D

Years
  • I despise this teir's color. It boring grey. Def didn't donate for this perk.

I felt the platinum colour looked weird on me when I first got bumped up in late 2016, but I feel it's a neutral colour that doesn't clash with my avatars/sigs too much.

make plats pink 8D

Except that would defeat the name of the tier itself.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    More profile options/avatar sizes (maybe there could be avatar overlays?)/etc is nice. I probably prefer that over the individual tier colours.

Idk if this is an awful idea, especially if donations are slim at the moment, but maybe a "this week's donators" blogpost/forum post would be nice to thank those who have sent in money. Not necessarily to say how much they've pledged but at least their names.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think that's a cool idea, Pete o: Not amounts, but the fact that they donated.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    make plats pink 8D
    okay i'll probably donate just to donate but make plats pink and i will make that my side goal bc pink username yes pls (and it won't defeat the purpose there is a think called platinum pink sooo)

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • Custom name color, i know this is if people didnt have name color, but I think it would be insteresting if people could change the color of their name, maybe not anytime they want, but stand out of the crowd, more than they already do

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I agree with above. I saw some guy with a gray supporter star and matching name.

I was jealous. I want that in dark red.

Adventure was kind enough to remove the blue for my name since I didn't like it, but since the forum is already so customizable, I feel adding it to your donation status would be the best perk for me.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You already have the ability to customize the way your username looks. It comes in the form of post flairs on the New UI.

Or am I misunderstanding what you two mean?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=289684

He's got a dark gray supporter star and username on any skin without a flair.

All I've seen customizable is your title. It'd be cool if we could all have this same feature for any color, nor do I know how he even got it.

I don't even see flairs because I have no interest at all in the new forum skin. I don't like it.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=289684

He's got a dark gray supporter star and username on any skin without a flair.

All I've seen customizable is your title. It'd be cool if we could all have this same feature for any color, nor do I know how he even got it.

I don't even see flairs because I have no interest at all in the new forum skin. I don't like it.
    Ah, I see what it is

We have 4 different supporter ranks right now: Silver, Gold, Crystal, and Platinum. Which of those you are depends on how much exactly you've donated to the site. So he has the dark gray name and star because he's Silver tier. You're Crystal tier, which is why you had that light blue.

iirc admins are usually willing to let people have the color for a supporter rank lower than what they donated for

I get the feeling though that username customization is going to be a new UI only thing though....chances are that eventually the old UI will be done away with, so they wouldn't bother with adding that ability to the old UI.

Back