• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were allowed to choose your own three Starters for a new region (from existing Pokemon), what would they be?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • You could probably have a mix of a Starter from each region, say for e.g. Bulbasaur/Cyndaquil/Mudkip or Chespin/Chimchar/Oshawott or some other combination :)

Pika Pika :chu:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Oh, this is torture. :(

If I wanted to go with the traditional Grass, Fire, and Water types I would have to go with...
    If you were allowed to choose your own three Starters for a new region (from existing Pokemon), what would they be?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I'll go with the original types and the 3 stages evolution.

Soo....

Sewaddle, Fletchling, Poliwag. All of them have their base stats around 500, so it's fair.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    Alright, suppose you are given the task of selecting three Starter Pokemon for a new region (from existing Pokemon), which three would you choose & why?

While choosing Starters there are a few rules to follow:-
    1. Only Basic, 1st Stage Pokemon are allowed (except Pikachu, as its already a Starter in one of the Main Games (Pokemon Yellow).
    2. NO Legendaries allowed (that includes "mythical" Pokemon).
    3. The Starters need not necessarily be from the 19 existing ones, in the games, but you CAN choose from them if you want.
    4. All three chosen Starters must either follow the strong against one, weak against the other pattern or must be neutral against each other, just to keep the balance of the game.

Simple xD
    1. Pidgy
    2. Ratata
    3. Caterpie

I think it would be nice to start of with super common pokemon and get rarer ones by grinding the game out, that would be what I prefer.

Years
  • I think that Vanilite, Trapinch, Aron would be an excellent starter trio. They don't have the reverse synergy that your typical starter trio does but they are all strong against the next in the cycle and are three stage evolutionary lines that don't require a stone or a trade.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Wouldn't you have to pick the best pokemon to fit the story line? I picked Shieldon cause my hack's name is Guardian of the Sacred Temple and Shieldon and Bastiodon have shields for their faces so they fit the Guardian thing.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Simple xD
    1. Pidgy
    2. Ratata
    3. Caterpie

I think it would be nice to start of with super common pokemon and get rarer ones by grinding the game out, that would be what I prefer.

That does sound like a good idea, but I don't think it'd be good for the game, coz as you said, they are "super common" Pokemon :P

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I would go with Mudkip, Snivy and Piplup. All of them are my favorite Pokémon and I like their final evolution form.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • I would go with Fennekin, Zorua and Riolu. All are generally fox-like, their final evolved forms all have a match up going on. Fire/Psychic>Fighting/Steel>Dark<Fire/Psychic.

Back