• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

III: King of the Sea

Which are your favorites?

• Total voters
Years
  • I honestly would have voted Kingkoi given the chance, but since thats not an option I'll go with Kingdra. It's one of the pokemon that pretty much consistantly gives me problems. I never know how to beat its type combination.
    As for a future poll how about one of electric cheek pouch rodents? There are just so many. Favorite monkey pokemon could be good too or favorite pokemon that noone likes, with Rattata, Zubat and Magikarp being canidates.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • I voted for Kindra and Slowking based on design... one looking kingly in subtle aspect... the other being a bit more literal about it.

Kingdra's appearance is sleek, elegant and yet powerful and strong. An accurate representation of what a king of the seas should try to represent. It can be downright monstrous as a battle opponent as well... and it's generally just a cool pokémon that alot of people tend to forget about.

Slowking on the other hand, literally has a crown and frilled collar. There's no subtle reference here at all. His entire design just screams "I'm a king. Just deal with that peasants.* Especially when you couple that with his derpy slowbro line grin that despite everything seems a lot more coy and intelligent then the less impressive members of his evolutionary family.

As for another pole... why not do something like "The Pocket Legends" (or some much better name)... a poll between all of the teeny tiny legendary pokémon that we all know and love? Mew, Manaphy, Shaymin, Celebi, Jirachi, Victini, Maybe Keldeo if you think it's small enough? Maybe even Hoopa even though he isn't technically released yet? Regardless of the details that's my idea, hope you like it!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Kingdra's elegance and Slowking's royalty make me vote for them. I don't really like the other two, which have no access to useful physical moves while being more physically offensive.

Years
  • I voted Kingdra. It's design is rather simple, but it just looks so majestic and kingly. Seriously, can anyone truthfully tell me that it isn't a majestic beast? It's one of my favorite Pokemon even though I would always go "Dang, what's that Pokemon that comes after Seadra?"
    I want to see a poll (if it already hasn't been done or suggested) about the pronunciation of Arceus. Because I've heard AR-see-us, Ar-KAY-us and (c'mon, this is obviously the right one) AR-key-us. There are probably more out there, ones involving "Q" and "X" xD

Back