• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'll keep it forever!

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    How sentimental are you? As in, do you cherish memories, or better yet, keepsakes, or do you think that they don't mean much to you? Do you wish you were more one way than you actually are? Do you have any keepsakes that you would like to share, that mean a lot to you?

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Hmm, I never really thought about that. I have no keepsakes to give or cherish, but I'm sure that I would treasure them big time if I had any. My bonds with people are completely noematic thus far.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I am so sentimental, it's crazy. If you give me something, I will hold on to it for dear life, especially if I'm attached to whoever gave it to me. And Heaven forbid I lose it. I will feel bad for...years. lol Like, seriously. I had a friendship bracelet with someone, and I STILL feel bad that I lost it, even though we barely speak anymore and it was years ago. I cherish memories too. I have a very good memory anyway, so it's like...how can I not? I'm easily reminded of a lot of good (and bad) times I've had with people. That's not always the best thing, though. It causes me a good deal of pain more often than not.

Some keepsakes...I have a stuffed Big Bird I stole from my cousin, lol. It's not going anywhere. My prom date won me a stuffed Inky (yes, the blue ghost from Pac Man) from a crane game on prom night...still have it. Best friend from 9th grade gave me a cow pillow pet...his name is Braxtynn and he goes on trips with me. Great grandmother (who passed away this year) gave me a small handbag to put my coin collection in...still have that...and the coin collection, which most of them were given to me by my dad. He gave me a watch that was my great grandfather's. It doesn't open anymore, but I still have it. My point is, I keep a lot of keepsakes from people, and I cherish memories. I am one of the most sentimental people you'll ever meet. However, I'm not one for being mushy oddly enough. I don't like publicly expressing my true sentiments to people. v///v

.../done bye

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm super sentimental. Like Syddy, I'm not one to publicly declare my sentiments for people, so this is my way to do it. I have a box with: notes given to me by my friends from high school and even all the way back to middle school, cards I receive, pictures, playbills, pins from events, concert tickets, movie stubs, etc. I can't part with this stuff, even if they're just pieces of papers or notes or whatever, I hold specific memories to them and that's why I've had them for so long :)

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm not sentimental with items, at all. I moved almost every year of my childhood, so we learned how to keep only the essentials and get rid of the rest, we didn't have time and space for things that didn't have real value. We didn't even have time and space for a lot of things that did, so I learned that my memories are much more important than the cheap necklace a friend got me at a fair 5 years ago or whatever.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I guess I'm very sentimental since I keep birthday cards, lol. I like having memories too even if it is just the little things; and what's fun about those is that you can always reminisce with the people who share the same memories. My friends and I do that alllllll the time.

I also have some jewelry that my grandma made before she passed. We used to make lots of authentic Native American stuff since we're very ethnic. She's the one who introduced me to our heritage and I do feel proud that I belong to a rich culture. I mean, how could I not be sentimental about that, hm?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I have very little in the way of 'stuff', mainly because I have a tendency to throw everything out. Looking in my room, I have a crapload of DVDs, some clothes, as well as books... but that's about it. No sentimental photos, no stuffed toys, no handwritten notes, nothing. My housemates have occasionally marvelled at the 'emptiness' of my room (as there are also no posters or pictures or stuff like that... don't look at me like that!) but it's probably not going to change, unfortunately.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm somewhat sentimental because just by looking in my room, I have plenty of LEGO toys that I collected during my childhood in the US. Even though I don't play with them as much anymore, they still represent the good times I had in said country.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I'm incredibly sentimental, to the point of hoarding. It's almost unhealthy and has led to me building up a collection of crap I'll never use that I'm keeping just because there is a memory attached to it and I'm so scared of losing the attached memory that I can't bring myself to let it go. Honestly, I wish I were one of those super-rare people with the "perfect memory" so that I'd remember all of the things that had ever happened to me and wouldn't have to worry so much about clogging my space with the talismans that represent them.

Years
    I'm probably the least sentimental people I know. I don't even really take pictures because I think the memory is enough. Kinda weird, I know, but that's how I roll.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I am SUPER sentimental. >__> Pictures, objects, etc, if they remind me of a person, I will NOT want to give it up. And personally, I think it is worth it to move everything with you, if you don't move often, although if you move often then I can see how it would be too much of a pain.

But yeah, even if I will never ever use it or wear it, if you get me something, I will probably keep it forever. >__>

Years
    I am probably more sentimental than I should be. I keep hold of a lot of things that won't matter in the long run because I just don't want to get rid of it. *shrugs* But I don't have that much crap, so I can't be too sentimental, haha.

My storage bin that serves as an endtable is where I keep all my crap I don't want to get rid of yet. I have a lot of old letters and cards people have sent me. There's some old game boxes, old mail, some broken things, but most importantly, my old writing! I could never get rid of that, even if it's all junk.

I also don't sell my video games, but it's less sentimental and more "but what if I want to play it??"

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm quite emotional tbh. I always cherish things that friends/family give me. I'm not one to forget memories that mean a lot to me. Especially when it comes to my childhood.

Ayselipera

I hate to admit it, but I am sentimental. :((((((((((((((((((((((((( I HIDE IT PRETTY WELL THOUGH. I think about past times that made me really happy all the time and I'm always reflecting on things that people have said to me that mean a lot.

Then when it comes to items I have a habit of keeping things that remind me of nostalgic times in my life or items from a really happy moment or things from people who mean a lot to me.

I GUESS I'LL SHARE ONE ITEM. I have this little tiny star piece I found one day while riding the bus home from school back in elementary school. I just remember it was the last day of school before some sort of vacation and it was really cold out and for some reason when I saw it I just felt like it was really special and it made me feel really happy at the time. Now though whenever I look at it for some reason it just reminds me so much of when I was little and just that whole period of my life and I guess it still somehow makes me happy... it's sort of one of those indescribable things that no one else will get besides yourself.

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
    Years
    I'll cherish keepsakes for awhile, but as the memory really starts to fade then so will my attachment to it. I always kept a trinket from a middle school friend with me after he passed away, but now I haven't thought about it in years (just dug it up last week in fact). In general, I guess I don't really draw many emotional lines between an object and the loved one who gave it to me unless the occasion itself was special.

I have the notice from my grandmother's funeral and one of the bullets from a military salute from my grandfather's funeral on my desk. I wouldn't say I cherish them, but they're there to remind me, at least for now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm completely sentimental. I have an entire drawer dedicated to things for that purpose. It features a bracelet that my bird used to chew on before she died, a burnt stick from the first time we used a bunsen burner in high school, notes people wrote to me in year 5, A WHOLE LOT OF POINTLESS STUFF REALLY. I just like having it, never going to go through that drawer probably but hey, it's worth keeping for me!

Also, I hold onto GOOD memories, everything else I generally forget and I'm like "what I did that...? OH!" yeah :x

Back