• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'll send my internet friend something.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
Years
  • I have gifted to like 2 people over the internet. The first is my bestie from Australia, I gave her a $20 code for PSN to use on her account (Thankfully she has an American account so we had no problems) to spend however she pleases and I gifted her a few things on League of Legends. I do plan to gift her more stuff since I do her a lot since she gifted a lot of stuff to me and I tend to pay her back. The 2nd and most recently was a special someone, I sent them 2 games on Steam and I wrote that person a poem and sent it to them, and I also plan on sending that person more gifts. I plan on gifting to more people at one point, I see 2 people on this thread who may get a gift or gifts from me in the future.

PS: To the person who I sent the poem to, I still do apologize for it being not very good, but I mean't every word in it.

pkmin3033

I have! Back when I used to trade cards I made a few friends through repeated trades, so I'd send them something for their birthday and/or Christmas since I had their addresses. Even got a couple of things in return which was nice, including this awesomely derpy Spheal plushie I keep on top of my PS4, haha. When I was on LJ I'd usually take part in Christmas card exchanges as well, those were always good fun.

Mostly it was more cards, although I did buy a couple of people DS games, plushies, and I sent one guy chocolate after he sent me the most horrendously spicy crisps I'd ever had. I've still got all the letters as well <3

Haven't done this for a while though; I've lost contact with a lot of these people (the forum closed down and we all kinda drifted apart as the years went on) and I'm not really close enough with anyone I've met since to exchange addresses. Never been keen on giving digital gifts; I like writing agonizingly long letters to accompany the present, aha.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I've sent some things through snail mail before. I've always received some things from my best friend in the same manner. She's my internet best friend, and we've done this quite often. She's sent me a Rainbow Dash plushie and a Yoshi plush. She's also sent me an SuG cellphone charm from eBay that I really wanted. <3

Most of what I send out are Christmas cards during the holidays. I do like to send things to people who are going through rough times. Last Christmas, I sent a tsum tsum Mickey plush to a severely autistic man. I found out about him via the internet.

Years
  • I have never sent a physical gift to an internet friend, and I don't think I ever will, probably. (Besides, my current favorite internet friends all live in different countries than myself.) But one thing I like to do for my favorite friends is draw them something for their birthday, Christmas, or just for the heck of it. If you've received a drawing from me without having to ask for it, it means I think you're cool and it's a token of friendship.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    A lot, actually. Aside from my boyfriend and like three friends from grade school, my Steam and Skype lists are entirely populated by internet friends/acquaintances.

I've gifted digital stuff - Steam games and gift cards, mostly.
    And physical stuff - a few hoodies, a hard drive (he asked me to address it to Professor Meowmers, and I have never seen anyone look as confused as the lady at the post office that I handed the box over to, lol), a keyboard, housewarming gifts off Amazon wishlists, and way too many plushies to count.

I've also received Steam games, Yoshi and Pokemon plushies, clothes, baking supplies, and some basic home essentials off my own Amazon wishlist (like a towel rack and a shoe rack).

Digital stuff I'll send to pretty much anyone; close friends, acquaintances, or total strangers. Just not beggars.
    I'll send my internet friend something.

Physical stuff I generally only deal with people that I know pretty well. But I have sent stuff to like P.O. box addresses and "their aunt's address" before, and had things delivered to the UPS store that my sister and her husband own. In another state.

I'm not rich, I just like gifting, and I love doing it completely spontaneously. I never get tired of their reactions; it nearly always comes straight from the heart, and it's so incredibly sweet, and I just love knowing I could make someone's day a little brighter. :)

/cheesyhttps://www.pokecommunity.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I've given my PC friends drawings, cards and voice acting pieces (if you can call them that, I don't really know) before. I think I've given a few LoL skins and in a few days, I'll be sending one of my friends a gift and a letter that I meant to give to them a while ago but didn't end up getting a chance to. I'm super excited for that!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I've sent @Beni a bunch of Asian pop CDs. We'd exchange gifts once in a while which I miss doing honestly! <3

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • i only gifted away virtual gift like arts and others. i never tried sending a real presents to my online friends before :D

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I've drawn things for my Internet friends before. I've drawn an Omastar holding a broom, a Treecko holding an alcoholic beverage, a portrait of a manly British Pokemon player, and many more odd images. I don't have much money, though, so I'm not able to send anything physical to them. Shipping expenses are horrible things.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Yep! I have a close circle of friends online who I've known forever and we exchanged presents for Christmas, so I'd like to get into the habit of sending them some little "just because" gifts too.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I never know what to get them. I can't read their mind or anything. Plus I never knew them since they were a baby. I don't want to get them something they don't like. Eh whatever...

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • As much as I'd like too. Shipping to and from NZ costs basically your soul </3

As a ginger I'm a much better soul investment.

I send friends gifts more than average I'd say? It typically consists of games on Steam. I usually choose someone and look at their wishlist and buy them something. It can range from just some $5 game to a full fledged AAA $60+ game. Depends on the day and my wallet.

Back