• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen "I'm fining you 1 million if you're late!"

Years
    He's kinda funny, even if he is really hyper-headed almost every time you run into him. Dat Barry dance! Also, he helps you at the Spear Pillar which I thought was neat.

I also saw bits of him in the anime, and there he was just as entertaining there as he was in the games. :P

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Barry is one of my favorite rivals! I liked his battle music, and how his sprite was animated in Platinum. He's a mix of the arrogant rivals like Blue and Silver, and the nicer rivals such as Brendan and Dawn - instead of being just plain arrogant or plain nice.

Years
    I enjoyed Barry, he was a pretty hilarious character at times and there actually some point his final rematch team ended up being just as strong as Red (in fact, Barry's Torterra/Infernape/Empoleon in Platinum reached a maxed level of 85, although Red's Pikachu became Lv88 in HG/SS). A lot of Barry's dialogue suggests he's a kid who's always in a rush but I'll never forget his "I'll fine you if you're late" quotes.

He pretty much gave off some vibes of Blue, while being a comedy relief at the same time.

Years
    Barry is my favorite rival. I enjoyed his personality a lot (and could in fact relate to it at times), loved his dialogue (his "P-O-K-accent-E Balls!" line will forever be memorable) and I always enjoyed running into him and battling him. (His VS music isn't my fave, but it's still enjoyable nonetheless. Plus, it fits him well!) I also like how he's currently the second strongest NPC you can battle outside of battle facilities.

Years
    This may sound preposterous, but when I first got the games, I tried to style my hair like Barry. All I'm going to say about that was I didn't get much positive reception, haha. :[ That aside, I really liked Barry. He was truly a 'rival', someone who you don't particularly like and want to beat every time you battle. His brash, arrogant actions gave him a lot of personality that other rivals lack.

Back