• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm hoping we get a more non-linear region.

Years
  • If what Jake is saying is to be believed, Alola is looking like a much less linear region than Unova and Kalos with the fact you may have to be sent all over the place with the travel to different islands. And as we know, less linearity means more adventure so it'll mean I'll be excited to discover what's around the region.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    If the City has the first gym, and I think I can tell the official gym building in the shot we have of the island, then its definitely going to be Non-linear. The starting town is after you arrive on the island there, and the second town usually between starting towns and first gym city is all the eay on the other sode of the island, after a cave cpnnecting a route and the starting town. And then there is the fact that route 2 should be in the northeast corner of the island, meaning routes 3 and 4 are somewhere between the loop on the northeast side and leading south to the gym city respectively. So ueah, its not a straoght line exactly, offers quite a few optipns of how to travel and zigzags all over.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah a non-linear Region would be great, I prefer them much more. If there are different islands that we can travel to then that would be much less linear than previous Regions. This type of Region would be a first if you don't include the Sevii Islands, so it's certainly an interesting move forward if it is the case.

Back