• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm quite revered for my knowledge of...

Ayselipera

Is there anything in your life that you are very passionate about?

How long have you had this passion and what started it?

Do you plan to pursue a career out of your passion?

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm really passionate about helping people, learning/education, and history :)

I never really liked school until high school and my classes got more fun. My junior year history teacher basically made me fall in love with history because he taught it so well and actually made it interesting.

For helping people, I'd like to have a career where I do that. I don't quite know how I will, but I hope I can. I do volunteer now and have at quite a few places: animal shelter, hospital, food pantry, etc. As for history and education, idk. I'm studying history and I keep up with reading different biographies of historical figures and other events. I plan on continuing my education with grad school.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm most known for my love of Pokemon. It started with the show and trading cards and now the games. I don't know if I can implement this in a career, though.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Is there anything in your life that you are very passionate about?
    Inazuma Eleven Quite a number of things really, apart that I love soccer and basketball also pretty passionate about music and playing my guitar and piano

Funny enough 3 of my passions started at the same time. Soccer I played after school with my friends when I was almost 7. The same time I started Soccer my dad would play basketball with me. My mom started taking me to piano lessons around the same time. Guitar on the other hand I started teaching it to myself a year ago.

Might do a post grad course for Audio Engineering after Uni

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Animals.

Since I could walk/read.

You bet your life I will.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Uh... Not really, I haven't thought about passions really. Probably my education...?

I used to never like myself as a smart person, even if I was. I started using my knowledge willingly during 6th grade.

Why yes.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023

used to be writing. wanted for so long to become a published author but let's get realistic here. then school came and i just couldn't find any time to write any more and my interest in it just slowly dwindled away.

now i'd say my passion is music.

i mean i've always liked it since i first properly got into it when i was around nine, listening to the beatles etc. took up guitar. quit. started hating all of the mainstream and old mainstream music i was listening to. then around a year ago i started listening to hip-hop; indie rock; indie; electronic and all sorts of other not too well appreciated. that in turn got me to take up piano lessons and take up the guitar again, playing by ear. plan to get proper guitar lessons (possibly blues and jazz as well) this year with more keyboard lessons as well as take up bass. i've also developed a very big interest in music production and electronic music production as well as recording ideas and whatnot.

no career as far as i'm concerned. i think i'll distribute my material for free over torrent sites like an independent champ and make a living by becoming a doctor or something similar. that'd be cool.

Years
  • Is there anything in your life that you are very passionate about? YU-GI-OH!!!!!!!

How long have you had this passion and what started it? Started playing since the age of 13. Watching the TV show interested me in the game, so I picked up a structure deck and it went from there.

Do you plan to pursue a career out of your passion? It's very difficult to have a profitable career in Yu-Gi-Oh! Magic the Gathering is a different story - there are pro players who make good profits there. I don't play Yu-Gi-Oh! to profit though, I play it for fun.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Video games. I've always wanted to make my own game, ever since I was introduced to the GameBoy. I wish to pursue it someday.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    Obsolete technology. Mainly retrocomputing, I mean I have pretty much encyclopedic knowledge of old computers. I can tell you the name of one by looking at it, even those pesky IBM computers which look a lot alike.

About a year and a half. I don't remember exactly what started it... Although I have always loved old stuff, I wasn't into the technology until recently. But I can't recall what exactly got me interested in it.

Well sort of. I mean, most people consider obsolete technology to be, well, obsolete junk, so it's pretty hard for that to be lucrative.

But I do want to start a computer company and when I do so I hope for my computers/OS (not sure if I'm going to sell hardware or software yet) to, like, be designed kinda retro-like but still be appealing and have the functions of a modern computer. So I guess the essence of it is there, but it's not the same as actual retrocomputing.

Years
  • The only thing I'm really passionate about is writing. But not too passionate, mind; if I was I'd take it more seriously! :p It's just that it's a hobby that's very dear to me and, well, it's hard for me to be passionate about anything tbh.
    Which is probably why I don't post; I'm way too thin-skinned and would probably take criticism too hard even though it's a good thing. That and I just cannot sit down and edit properly.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure I started because my sister was doing it. When I was a kid, I idolized her and wanted to be just like her. It also helped that I had plenty of ideas in my head. Most of the time my imagination is pretty limited but when I get inspiration for stories my mind just drifts to that world. Most of the time when I've nothing better to think about those worlds are what I'm immersed in. Writing it down helps me immerse even more. It's nice to actually see what I'm thinking.
    Technically I jotted a story down in 8th grade but I don't really consider myself truly starting until the 9th, when I started writing fanfic. Before then I didn't take writing seriously. It was really awful. But everyone's gotta start somewhere.

I don't plan on making it a profession. If I don't even post it on the Internet, why would I even try publishing my writing? I'm just in it for my own personal satisfaction. Hell, at the rate I'm going it's never going to be read by another person. *sighs*

...I lied, I rambled so much that I probably really am super passionate about it. -_-;

Years
  • How long have you had this passion and what started it?
    Writing, poetry, roleplaying and being a Swiftie. I loved writing since I was...7 or 8, I think. I keep getting lots of ideas, especially from reading novels and fiction. :3 I like poetry and the interest for it was kindled about 3 years ago. I never really started making my own poems until this year. c: Oh and I've been a Swiftie since Taylor released her first song....in a year which I forgot. (BAD ME! XD)

I hope to be an author, maybe. Or the person who creates storylines and plots for cool computer games cos I used to daydream about being a game designer one day and maybe work for Nintendo? (Yea, now I find myself stupid thinking about that x3). I don't think a poet would actually be a good job, I've never heard of any rich ones tbh. Being a Swifite won't earn me money anyways, unless Taylor decides to sponsor me for endorsing her everywhere I go! XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm extremely passionate about Leaf from FR/LG. Not that I can make any career out of that, but... That one started as soon as the frst feature article of FR/LG appeared in Nintendo Power magazine, about 2004.

I've also had a passion for hotels and the lodging industry, and in retrospect I probably should've majored in that field back in my college days. That's been one I've had for awhile, since at least 1990. I don't remember what started it, probably a hotel stay in a particularly nice one.

Anime is another passion that I'm not sure how I'd make a career out of, and that got started in 2005 when I happened upon a DVD in my local Wal-Mart (yes, for a short time during about 2005-2006 our local Wal-Mart DID sell a limited number of anime titles :O )

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Yes the Pokemon series

I've had it since I was 6.5 years old, watching Pokemon when it first aired on television in the United States on September 8th 1998

I can't persue a career in Pokemon lol, it won't pay the bills

But seriously onto the second passion

Solving Crimes,

I dont remember when exactly that it has started but I know I was pretty young

Yes I am, I am currently in college working on my Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice and with that degree, I am going to use it towards my dream job which is a Latent Print Examiner

:t354:TG

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Art, maths, designing and Science :D

Idk..!

Yup! When I grow up, I'm gonna be a Banker or Architect :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • My friends think I'm really into film and television, and I guess I am to a certain extent. In pub quizzes, my friends will look to me whenever a question starts off with: 'Which actor in the 1953 film...' and, about 50% of the time, I'll know the answer. I don't tend to think of myself as passionate about these subjects, as the websites that I visit are much more obsessive about them, but I guess in comparison to a layperson I do know a fair bit.

In terms of when I developed my 'passion', it was probably about 15 when my DVD collection started to explode. I went through a Hitchcock phase, then a Woody Allen phase, then started on HBO drama, then started watching US TV either live streaming or the next day (and that was partially in competition with a friend of mine, though we didn't realise at the time).

It would be nice to make a career out of this, but I don't think it's going to happen for a long time, if at all. This law thing is kinda hard to get out of once you're sucked in!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I'm really good with money, I do taxes for all my parents and of-age siblings including myself. I've been good at it ever since I took Accounting in 10th grade, nearly 4 years ago, and understood everything I went through three textbooks in a group of two other students who also were very good, while the rest of the class didn't even finish one in the year.

My accounting teacher even let me keep the textbooks, which I still glance over every now and then.

I'm going to school for Accounting.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I'm quite a programmer... I know Java and I will start learning C++ and sooner tons of programming languages. My hobbies include playing soccer and pokemon.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Definitely drawing, psychology, maths and science.

I started drawing at very young age. I was very good friends with my older cousin, she's a great artist, and it's partially because of her drawings that I got so motivated and interested to improve and become as good as her. She mainly draws animals and anthro figures, and even though I went a whole different way (manga), she was still a huge motivator to me.

I've just always been interested in the psyche and you know, the way the brain works and the way people think. I absolutely support the theory of Sigmund Freud, and it just always amazed me. I can't exactly remember when I started to have this interest, it just sort of occurred, maybe I read about something somewhere, I don't know. Also, my zodiac is a scorpio and they are known for being amazing psychologist or being involved in psychology in general lol, just something I thought was worth mentioning.

When I was young I despised maths. Well, it was only a subject of maths, namely calculus, in elementary school. I have ADD, which makes it extremely hard for me to concentrate or calculate things in my head, and it was absolute hell for me. My school was very controversial and the teachers picked on me and that made it even worse, obviously. When in highschool though, they drop calculus and start focussing on mathematics in general, and that really got me interested. Now, I absolutely love maths and it's one of my favourite subjects in school. It's interesting, and also gets me to my next interest, science.

I don't follow any scientific subjects in school, that bums me out, but my head teacher told me that a different course would just be better suited for me. Anyway, I've always been interested in the universe, the starts and planets, the chemical reactions regarding that, and everything else around science. I just started watching television programs about these kind of things, and I love the mathematical side of it as well, obviously haha.

I have absolutely no idea what I want to do when I finish school. I love drawing, but I just can't imagine how I would do something with that, I just can't visualize it. And as much as I love maths, I don't really want to become a mathematician, because most of the time that ends up as a teacher, which doesn't really appeal to me. And it's not like I can be a rocket scientist either, so maths is not an option. I was thinking about becoming a psychologist, but then when I think about drawing, I get the feeling that I'm not taking fully advantage of the 'talent', and that it would be a waste not to pursue that. And as for science, like I said, I don't follow any scientific object in school, so that is not really possible for me, but I don't really mind a lot.

Back