• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Improvement Thread

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • I think I got better at drawing backgrounds!
    A while ago:
    Spoiler:

And now:
    Spoiler:

I'm actually gonna say that I prefer the simpler background in your Latios pic. The style just looks better, and the clouds especially are much higher quality, imo.

I wanna share mine, I haven't got much touch in art especially in graphics lately but this is my improvement so far

I don't really draw often especially portraits but this is so far what I got
    Around 2010 or 2011 I can't remember
    Spoiler:

Recent work
    Spoiler:

Signatures
    Spoiler:

Recent works
    Spoiler:

I'm amazed. Your recent drawing is fantastic. It's so smooth and defined, whilst using seemingly little pencilling for her face.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I'm amazed. Your recent drawing is fantastic. It's so smooth and defined, whilst using seemingly little pencilling for her face.
    Thanks. I've been studying which graphite to use, I didn't know that before but now it's too picky

But never give up.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    I'm actually gonna say that I prefer the simpler background in your Latios pic. The style just looks better, and the clouds especially are much higher quality, imo.

IMO the second one is more realistic in therms of clouds and lighting. You can't tell what time of the day it is or the angle of lighting in the first one, but the second one has a sense of time and space.

Back