• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Improvements in the anime?

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    I think that if Pokémon just had a bit more of a story in it and maybe a tiny bit of blood (a bit like naruto) it wouldnt be considered babyish. because the video games are so cool but if you talk to a paerson that doesnt know anything about them they think that you're childish and its frustrating.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If there we an alternate series like Naruto Shippudden when all of the characters are older it would open doors for an extremely attractive seires. There could be blood and more mature themes and it would grow a little as the fans are instead of constantly reliving the same scenario region by region. Also, just imagine how cool Ash would be as a 16-18 yr old, or even his female companions. But til then with the current franchise it would help if he traveled with more trainers. I liked it a lot better when it was four instead of three in Hoenn.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    yeah instead of staying a 10 year old kid for...ten years xD
    they could also make a constant story like in naruto, instead of making new episodes that dont (always) fit with the last one so you can see them in any order. and everytime you can practically guess whats gonna happen. theres an event, team rocket ambushes, ash saves the day and the episode is over, whereas in naruto you just cannot guess what kishimoto (the creator) is going to do next. they could keep this kid version of pokemon, but adding another better one would make a hit.

Years
    You don't mess with a formula that's worked for twelve and a half years. An alternative series would be unable to avoid ties to the original anime, so it will doubtlessly attract the same viewers. With the level of blood and violence people seem to want in the anime, there'd be hundreds of complaints. And before anyone counters that the companies should broadcast the series later, they aren't going to sacrifice primetime slots for a spin-off from an anime series aimed at preteens to young teens.

theonexd

Good bye :(
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 14, 2013
    yea thats true too. but at least if people knew how great the video games are.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It would be no different then how the spin off games are to the originals.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    A spin-off anime for older viewers?

Spoiler:

Worked for the games. Why not our tubes? You see Pikachu get its ass kicked epically in this game and apparently our children are not complaining

Spoiler:

Thinking of the idea that a spin-off anime for older teens would not work is ridiculous.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    A spin-off anime for older viewers?

Spoiler:

Worked for the games. Why not our tubes? You see Pikachu get its ass kicked epically in this game and apparently our children are not complaining

Spoiler:

Thinking of the idea that a spin-off anime for older teens would not work is ridiculous.

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with having a franchise adjust to other audiences. Other franchises do just the same like Marvel with that annoying show Super Hero League. The other away around is just the same.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Exactly. There is nothing wrong with having a franchise adjust to other audiences. Other franchises do just the same like Marvel with that annoying show Super Hero League. The other away around is just the same.

Uhuh.

Pokemon isn't Super Smash Bros or Naruot.

It's Pokemon. After 10+ years, the anime and the games have barely changed at all. They still have good ratings and great sales. Why change what isn't broken?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Uhuh.

Pokemon isn't Super Smash Bros or Naruot.

It's Pokemon. After 10+ years, the anime and the games have barely changed at all. They still have good ratings and great sales. Why change what isn't broken?

We are not saying completely erase the show you have come to know and love. I said their should be a spin off.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    No, there shouldn't be a spin-off of any kind. Pokémon is a series aimed at 6-12 year old kids and any spin-off would certainly be aimed at the same audiance since they're just to advertise the games anyway. Think Pokémon Mystery Dungeon like. I can't believe anyone would actually consider one of these.

AdvancedK47 said:
    Worked for the games. Why not our tubes?

Um, what? Can you actually be relevant? Pokémon isn't Super Smash Brothers Brawl and the only thing it took from Pokémon are a few characters.

Thinking that one would be considered is even more ridiculous.

rN Haza said:
    It would be no different then how the spin off games are to the originals.

Except, the spin-off games are aimed at children too.

theonexd said:
    yea thats true too. but at least if people knew how great the video games are.

That wouldn't change anything.

wonder_girl said:
    they could also make a constant story like in naruto,

Naruto doesn't advertise a popular game series and is shonen. They don'y need to be restricted by what their original purpose is.

instead of making new episodes that dont (always) fit with the last one so you can see them in any order. and everytime you can practically guess whats gonna happen. theres an event, team rocket ambushes, ash saves the day and the episode is over,

Blame the games.

whereas in naruto you just cannot guess what kishimoto (the creator) is going to do next. they could keep this kid version of pokemon, but adding another better one would make a hit.

You can't predict what's going to happen in Naruto because it's not based on anything other than a manga which is based on nothing.

Seriously, put your thinking hats on people. Pokémon is kodomo and nothing is going to change that because it's still successful.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2020
    honestly @ this point...they should just stop, things got rlly old rlly fast, after season 2 it went downhill

I agree with an alternate series where they are older and not so childish, and the weakest attacks don't look severely over-powered, lets not forget putting those team rocket morons on EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN' EPISODE!!!! ugh

idk yo I stopped watching it years ago, when I saw an episode with my nephew, ugh I swear most of us here can make better looking Pokemon instead of resulting 2 most of the 3rd n 4th generation looking like they r on PCP lmao

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Why are people so obsessed with seeing blood and violence?

I have no idea. I've seen cartoons with epic storylines that had no blood in them at all. Bucky O'Hare, SatAM, and The Dreamstone are three that come to mind. Especially SatAM and The Dreamstone, which are surprisingly dark for their targeted age group.

I think that if Pokémon just had a bit more of a story in it and maybe a tiny bit of blood (a bit like naruto) it wouldnt be considered babyish. because the video games are so cool but if you talk to a paerson that doesnt know anything about them they think that you're childish and its frustrating.

First of all, I wouldn't call making Pokemon more like Naruto an improvement. We're trying to upgrade the series, not downgrade it.

You want to improve Pokemon? Use cartoons like SatAM, Bucky O'Hare and The Dreamstone as examples. They are dark, they have deep plots, and there is almost no blood or gore in any of them. I think The Dreamstone might have an episode where he goes into a crypt that has skeletons lying around inside of it, but that's about as violent as the show gets.

Last edited:

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    If there we an alternate series like Naruto Shippudden when all of the characters are older it would open doors for an extremely attractive seires. There could be blood and more mature themes and it would grow a little as the fans are instead of constantly reliving the same scenario region by region. Also, just imagine how cool Ash would be as a 16-18 yr old, or even his female companions. But til then with the current franchise it would help if he traveled with more trainers. I liked it a lot better when it was four instead of three in Hoenn.

If the characters did actually age throughout the cartoon as stated above I think it would be great. It would change the way Pokemon is portrayed (Childish) But then again it would never never happen.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    You don't mess with a formula that's worked for twelve and a half years. An alternative series would be unable to avoid ties to the original anime, so it will doubtlessly attract the same viewers. With the level of blood and violence people seem to want in the anime, there'd be hundreds of complaints. And before anyone counters that the companies should broadcast the series later, they aren't going to sacrifice primetime slots for a spin-off from an anime series aimed at preteens to young teens.

In the UK, there is a TV series called Doctor Who which is a prime-time family drama and is mainly watched by children. But there's also a spin-off series called Torchwood which airs post-watershed at at a different time of year, and it's aimed at more adult audiences. They both have their own audiences and they're both really successful.

So stuff like this can work. I personally wouldn't want it to happen to Pokemon though. The world doesn't need another generic shonen anime.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    All Im saying is, Nintendo/Gamefreak and the animation studio are not oblivious to the fact that a large part of their original fans are a lot older now and are still fans and it would be extremely considerate of them to compensate us with better anime aimed at us.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    It's not really Nintendo's decision. It depends on whether an animation studio wants to buy the rights to this kind of project, and nobody does, obviously.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    rN Haza said:
    All Im saying is, Nintendo/Gamefreak and the animation studio are not oblivious to the fact that a large part of their original fans are a lot older now and are still fans and it would be extremely considerate of them to compensate us with better anime aimed at us.

Nintendo, OLM, etc expect that anyone over the target demographic that still play the games or watch the show to actually enjoy it since they're still playing or watching. Essentially if you're still involved and are over the age, you don't have much right to complain.

Back