• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Improvements you'd make to your favorite game

Years
  • Couldn't find a thread similar to this one (unlike some other times when I didn't realize one already existed, oops!) so I think it would be fun to ask. What improvements would you make to your favorite Pokémon game(s)? It can be spinoffs as well, not just main series.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I'm not sure if multiple games are allowed but…

Legends:
    - Get rid of the two dumbass new characters from the snow world, especially the shirtless dude. I barely remember anything good about them. I dunno maybe if I replay them game my opinion might change but.

Black 2:
    - I know most of the game changed stuff, but that just makes the places that never changed like route 5 just stand out. They should have switched up the encounter tables or something.
    - "I want to go there, you know, there!"
    No. Just no. Be specific.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Sun/Moon:
    1. Put the move relearner at the start of the game, not the end. Unlocks moves learned at higher levels in postgame.
    2. Allow all clothing colors in both versions
    3. Take Ultra's Pokemon selection. Change the location evolutions to Ultra's spots too.
    4. Add an instant text speed option. (Functions well enough as a skip dialogue option for those that want it.)
    5. Limit SOS calls to 2-3 without an Adrenaline Orb.
    6. Weaken offensive Z-moves a little.
    7. Reduce the number of Pokemon needed to unlock Poke Pelago upgrades.
    8. Give Hau more backstory time. Maybe return to Hau'oli City in the middle of the main story? Possibly optional.
    9. Give Totem Vikavolt a special move or two.
    10. Level up Totem Kommo-o's partners (Scizor and Hakamo-o) to 42, up from 32.
    11. Delay the better TMs. Hands you Brick Break and Scald so early.
    12. Give Nanu a fourth Pokemon. Alolan Muk, maybe?
    13. Let Guzma have Pinsir or Masquerain as a third Pokemon from the outset.
    14. Talk about Kahili a little more before the Elite Four.
    15. Give the Elite Four held items.

Years
  • HG/SS:

Allow us to battle trainers on the SS Aqua multiple times per save.

More Eusine subplot in the postgame.

Free Space in our bag or the ability to store items (including Key Items) in our PC.

Gen 5 style link trading (Union Room).

No wait times for unlockable Pokemon in the Safari Zone longer than a few weeks.

Infinite use TMs/no HMs (unlockable areas still blocked before you get the appropriate TM/have the appropriate Gym Badge).

Fewer useless calls from Youngster Joey.

The ability to delete rebattleable NPC trainers (other than Gym Leaders) from your PokeGear.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • My favorite Pokémon games are those that take place in the Unova region. With that being said, I would improve the graphics obviously. I would also add the game mechanics that simplify the Pokémon experience, such as the Exp. Share, portable access to Pokémon boxes, and so on. In other words, I would love for the Unova games to have the same features the games have today. Other than that, I don't really have any issues with the Unova games.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon:
    -Honestly, have Dulse and Zossie be out and about in both games and leave Phyco and Soliera to the boring office work back in Ultra Megalopolis. Dulse and Zossie's dynamic actually improved my experience playing the game, and I wish they'd gotten more screentime and better battles (or any battles at all, in Zossie's case. And speaking of Zossie, I kinda wish she had bonded more with the MC since they're the same age. That would have been adorable.)
    -No Rainbow Rocket episode. Bring back the original Ultra Beast hunt mission, just improved and with added involvement from Dulse and Zossie as said above.

Let's Go:
    -Bigger Pokédex! The game overall was very well made, but limiting the Dex to only the first 151 was a major misstep that FR/LG had already made before. Add all the cross-generational evolutions up to Gen VII (or hell, if they decide to do an updated version, the current generation), and maybe some Johto and beyond Mons that would fit the Kantonian landscape. Should be about 300-350 Mons.
    -As an extension of the above, breeding and better teams for every major character.
    -Have the regional forms of Kanto Mons be catchable, not just trades. That way, we can nickname them whatever we want.
    -Have Meowth be able to inexplicably speak, like in the anime. I felt bad for him when Jessie scolded him at Mt. Moon and he couldn't just talk back to her.
    -Character customization on par with the Kalos, Alola and Galar games or hell, even BD/SP. Now I see that the complaints about the Naranja/Uva Academy uniform in S/V go a longer way back than I thought...

Luci_

Shroomish Enthusiast
    Days
  • I don't have much but some things I'd like.
    Black 2:
    A follow system like HG&SS before it
    Graphical improvements
    Team-wide Xp share, grinding is boring and my least favorite part of the franchise
    Maybe a system like Yellow and HGSS where you can interact with your Pokémon while they follo and small actions like: (Do you want to pet Zekrom?) which naturally would gain friendship

Emerald:
    ADD BACK AMPHAROS DAMMIT and give one to Wattson
    You know what add all the missing mons
    Team-wide Xp share, same reasoning as B2

Scarlet:
    Better customization, the hair and eyes are good I suppose, the clothing however is lacking. Make a system like SwSh, yeah keep the uniform options but let us switch around the tops and bottoms, and heck, if Penny can wear civvies (civilian clothing) then so can we!! Add a system like Sword and Sheild, have location exclusive clothes, maybe like Animal Crossing let guys wear skirts and dresses if they so please.

Back