• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In a Fire Emblem game, which class would you be?

Out of the most popular classes, which would you like to be? Don't forget to post!

• Total voters

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
  • Since I am a huge fan of the Fire Emblem games, I wanted to get a fun and creative discussion going.

If you could choose, which class would you rather be from the games? My choice is a Mage Knight. I like the mobility of cavaliers, but also love magic. Therefore, a Mage Knight is what I'd like to be.

What about you, fellow PC members and Fire Emblem players?

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

Paladin. Seeing that how if Seth died I'm doomed. In FE: Sacred Stones, I mean. I got it as an ambassador game and it got me into the series. Next Step, Finish it. O_o

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Good!

Paladin. Seeing that how if Seth died I'm doomed. In FE: Sacred Stones, I mean. I got it as an ambassador game and it got me into the series. Next Step, Finish it. O_o
    Oh, you got FE: Sacred Stones for that whole 3DS ambassador program? I have the GBA cartridges, so I dig my old GBA SP out of the closet and play some. Glad it got you hooked on the game! I advise anyone to try these games. Why so? Because they are the best turn-based strategy games you will ever play!

Having said that...
    I like your choice for a Paladin! It has superior abilities that far surpass many other units in the game. Although, don't use Seth too much from the beginning. Let Eirika take out a lot of the beginning enemies. Reason being, Seth could drain easy EXP from enemies that could be going to level out your other units. Do tell, what chapter are you on right now?

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

Oh, you got FE: Sacred Stones for that whole 3DS ambassador program? I have the GBA cartridges, so I dig my old GBA SP out of the closet and play some. Glad it got you hooked on the game! I advise anyone to try these games. Why so? Because they are the best turn-based strategy games you will ever play!

Having said that...
    I like your choice for a Paladin! It has superior abilities that far surpass many other units in the game. Although, don't use Seth too much from the beginning. Let Eirika take out a lot of the beginning enemies. Reason being, Seth could drain easy EXP from enemies that could be going to level out your other units. Do tell, what chapter are you on right now?

Chapter 9, Ephraim's Path. :D (Eirika's path is a bit meh, Tried it and it's a bit dull. Besides, like another Pegasus Knight, Tana died rather quickly.)

Haha, I wasn't really interested in the genre before Fire Emblem to be honest.
    And the storyline is amazing.

I am not progressing as fast because some people keep dying, and I try not to kill anyone. >.<' Why IS VANESSA SO WEAK?!

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • I am on Chapter 20. There are approximately 21 chapters if you play the game on a single route, but if you start a new game and try a different route, there are 27 chapters programmed into the game. The game is really fun!

On Eirika's route (I was short on supplies, so I took Eirika's route thinking it to be the less combat oriented. I was right, IMO.) I accidentally killed the apprentice unit Amelia (should've shown up in your chapter by now) with Artur, en route to the boss. Oops.

I have never really used Pegasus Knights all that much, only for rescues or saving a village on the other side of a mountain. :P

Well, I am very glad you now like the genre, and I hope everyone who hasn't tried to please do! It's story is both fascinating and it's sheer mechanics are well thought out.

P.S.
    Vanessa is one of those "rescue" units I use. Also, I don't try to get anyone killed as well, but the only recruitable character that has been killed is Amelia.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I would probably be a Marshall or a Druid. They're always stood out as my two favorite classes. Unfortunately Druids are pretty rare so I'd probably get stuck as a Knight/General/Marshall. I've always relied heavily on the big armored teddy bears like Amelia, Gatrie and Oswin.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Druids are really cool! If I didn't pick Mage Knight, I'd be a Druid. Marshalls, Knights, and Generals have been my "campground" walls. For instance, if my starting ground on a level is blocked off by rivers or water, but there are still bridges, I use Generals as walls by putting them on said bridges. Then, I put archers/snipers behind them. This way, it protects my supply convoy and weaker units. Afterwards, my magic users go out and obliterate the foe, due to high evasion rates and lots of damage. Not to mention the attack range of archers/snipers.

shinx12345

Aquilla
    Years
  • I'm surprised people haven't said myrmidons. They're very popular. I would say Myrmidon because I like eastern swordplay, but I have a soft spot for mage knights and heroes as well. Decisions, decisions. I also joined the ambassador program, and got hooked as well, and by use of ROMs I have played all the GBA ones and am stoked for Awakening.

_CruzaComplex

Steven Stone Fanatic
    Years
  • I like the mobility of knights

My mind immediately jumped to FE: Shadow Dragon, where the knights are armoured units and can't move for beans. XD

Well now, I haven't played the older Fire Emblems, as I haven't been able to procure them. I am, however, a huge fan. I'd have to say...Bishop, or as of the last release, a Saint. I love magic use, and they're invaluable on the field. They're essentially a White Mage from Final Fantasy Tactics, and "There has never been a good team without a White Mage."

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Dark Pegasus (A promotion from Pegasus Knight in the new Fire Emblem: Awakening) I always liked the magic units and I always liked the idea of flying on a Pegasus. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    Big Fire Emblem fan right here!! :D
    I'd be a shaman, druid, necromancer or sage^^ Magic users are probably my favourite types.
    If not one of the above I'd be a paladin or rogue.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • WOW! SO MANY NEW POSTS!

Sorry guys! Haven't checked this thread in awhile! But, I am loving everyone's choices! Looking good!

Oh, _CruzaComplex, I meant to say "I like the mobility of cavaliers.". Sorry, a typo of mine.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Definitely a thief. Their attacks and abilities are most fun by far, plus you'd have the chance to steal your opponent's equipment! It's just a shame they die really easy :(

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years

• Oh, you got FE: Sacred Stones for that whole 3DS ambassador program? I have the GBA cartridges, so I dig my old GBA SP out of the closet and play some.

Funny thing, that. I managed to pick up a copy of The Sacred Stones from a local game store for £20 just a few weeks (or months, can't quite remember) before the Ambassador Program was announced. I don't regret the purchase, though; 'cause I'm a pretty big fan of the games, and it was nice to have the physical product, as well. (its just a shame I was pretty late to the Fire Emblem party, considering how many games there are... though most aren't even outside Japan, heh...)

As for a class, I'm not completely swayed in any direction. For a magic-based unit, I suppose I would go with Mage/Sage. I'm pretty big on magic-wielding units, so this would probably be the most fitting role were I to make a character of my own creation. Since there's the trinity of magic, I'd probably opt for preference in Wind, considering from what I recall, a lack of Blizzard, etc. tomes in some of the more recent Fire Emblem games. (I think Shadow Dragon is the only one I've played that had them-- though I'm probably wrong, heh...)

For a mounted class, Pegasus/Falcon Knight would probably be the one I'd opt for. Though with a pretty nasty, but understandable weakness to archery, the mobility of this unit is great for covering a great distance; especially when you need to get to a specific location fast. One good example of this would be in one of the missions in The Sacred Stones, where you need to protect some villagers from mountain spiders. Were it not for having a Pegasus Knight, that mission would have been a pain to deal with, and no doubt would have ended with frustration for lack of being able to protect them. That, and who wouldn't like flying around on an awesome Pegasus!? I had to wait almost a full week to keep playing Shadow Dragon, since for some reason, Elysian Whips were restricted to Online Shop-Only... D=

...and finally, we've got the ground-based, weapon-wielding units. For this, I'd probably go with Myrmidon, since one of the characters I've created in a story that I've been writing is pretty much essentially of that class, were they to be a character from Fire Emblem. Though who doesn't like a nice, swift swordsman/woman with a Killing Edge? Joshua is probably one of my most favoured Myrmidons in Fire Emblem. I kinda have a preference for Swords, as well; not a great lover of axes, and lances would probably be second to a sword in my choice of the trinity.

As an additional note on that though, in the games that have the ability to forge weapons, I like to make unique weapons for certain characters. Kind of adds a hint of uniqueness to them for me; especially for a character of your own creation, like what Shin Monsh
    ō no Nazo had and Awakening will have when its released. (I'm really excited for that one!) I just hope that the forging will come with it as well, so that I'm capable of doing that.

But anyway, I'm kinda starting to slip off-topic, now... ^-^;

In summary for those who don't like my pink wall of text, a Mage/Sage is my choice for a magic-wielding unit, Pegasus/Falcon Knight is my choice for a mounted unit, and Myrmidon/Swordmaster is my choice for an infantry-based unit.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Good choices everyone!

Definitely a thief. Their attacks and abilities are most fun by far, plus you'd have the chance to steal your opponent's equipment! It's just a shame they die really easy :(
    Indeed, Thieves are quite fragile. Though, they are so handy!
    Funny thing, that. I managed to pick up a copy of The Sacred Stones from a local game store for £20 just a few weeks (or months, can't quite remember) before the Ambassador Program was announced. I don't regret the purchase, though; 'cause I'm a pretty big fan of the games, and it was nice to have the physical product, as well. (its just a shame I was pretty late to the Fire Emblem party, considering how many games there are... though most aren't even outside Japan, heh...)

As for a class, I'm not completely swayed in any direction. For a magic-based unit, I suppose I would go with Mage/Sage. I'm pretty big on magic-wielding units, so this would probably be the most fitting role were I to make a character of my own creation. Since there's the trinity of magic, I'd probably opt for preference in Wind, considering from what I recall, a lack of Blizzard, etc. tomes in some of the more recent Fire Emblem games. (I think Shadow Dragon is the only one I've played that had them-- though I'm probably wrong, heh...)

For a mounted class, Pegasus/Falcon Knight would probably be the one I'd opt for. Though with a pretty nasty, but understandable weakness to archery, the mobility of this unit is great for covering a great distance; especially when you need to get to a specific location fast. One good example of this would be in one of the missions in The Sacred Stones, where you need to protect some villagers from mountain spiders. Were it not for having a Pegasus Knight, that mission would have been a pain to deal with, and no doubt would have ended with frustration for lack of being able to protect them. That, and who wouldn't like flying around on an awesome Pegasus!? I had to wait almost a full week to keep playing Shadow Dragon, since for some reason, Elysian Whips were restricted to Online Shop-Only... D=

...and finally, we've got the ground-based, weapon-wielding units. For this, I'd probably go with Myrmidon, since one of the characters I've created in a story that I've been writing is pretty much essentially of that class, were they to be a character from Fire Emblem. Though who doesn't like a nice, swift swordsman/woman with a Killing Edge? Joshua is probably one of my most favoured Myrmidons in Fire Emblem. I kinda have a preference for Swords, as well; not a great lover of axes, and lances would probably be second to a sword in my choice of the trinity.

As an additional note on that though, in the games that have the ability to forge weapons, I like to make unique weapons for certain characters. Kind of adds a hint of uniqueness to them for me; especially for a character of your own creation, like what Shin Monsh
    ō no Nazo had and Awakening will have when its released. (I'm really excited for that one!) I just hope that the forging will come with it as well, so that I'm capable of doing that.

But anyway, I'm kinda starting to slip off-topic, now... ^-^;

In summary for those who don't like my pink wall of text, a Mage/Sage is my choice for a magic-wielding unit, Pegasus/Falcon Knight is my choice for a mounted unit, and Myrmidon/Swordmaster is my choice for an infantry-based unit.
    No, your pink wall of text is good! I enjoy reading other people's opinions on the matter. Great choices! I am also in anticipation for Awakening!
    Big Fire Emblem fan here too! Probably a sage or bishop or something. Controlling the elements would be so awesome!
    Sure would be!

Here, these are the general definitions for each magic type.

Anima
    Spoiler:

Light
    Spoiler:

Dark
    Spoiler:

Staves
    Spoiler:

Back