• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] In a League of their own [OOC/SU]

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
Years
  • You're looking good - I like the theme of your team, just by the way.

WJFNpGD.png

EmberGryphon

Explodes on Contact
    Years
  • ...Well, I like this concept!
    Better make a new character, though- way too close to all my old ones to let them die. xD

Name: Amelia Raines

Appearance: Short in stature and lean, Amelia has spent most of her life outdoors in the sun- and it shows. Her olive-colored skin has burned and tanned so often that it's rough and heavily freckled, now, often reddened in the summer on her shoulders and face. Her black hair is cut very short, out of the way, and her body is wiry and strong. Her features are sharp- high, arched brows over almond-shaped, copper eyes; a slightly hooked nose; high cheekbones and thin, dark lips. While neither strikingly pretty nor appallingly ugly, Amelia's femininity does shine through in subtle ways- her hands are always soft and gentle, frail-looking and long-fingered, and her voice is soft and pleasant; she sings beautifully, if quietly, when she chooses to.

Amelia tends to move slowly and fluidly, considering every motion. She tends to be still whenever it's practical, her hands folded carefully over her chest, her gaze roving slowly over her surroundings, taking everything into consideration.

She dresses for practicality, with black, cotton pants and a simple, green shirt. She doesn't wear jewelry.

Personality: Soft-spoken, shy and careful, it's difficult to see what's really going on behind Amelia's copper-colored eyes- but if one thing is obvious even after only a few minutes in her company, it's that her rough skin and sharp features mask a soft sentimentality that she can't ever quite suppress. Amelia is sympathetic and empathetic, strongly motivated to aid the hurt and the broken. A trained nurse and self-taught herbalist, Amelia knows quite a bit about human and pokemon anatomy and medicine, and finds a deep satisfaction in using that knowledge to help anyone who needs a caring hand. Seeing others in pain- whether they're human or pokemon- is difficult for her- and her sympathy leaves her vulnerable to manipulation, a glaring weakness.

Amelia isn't dumb, however- she's capable of seeing the big picture, and working towards the end goal of survival. Standing by while other people are murdered for the entertainment of invisible masses might be more than she can stand, but she knows that the lives of her beloved pokemon depend on her guiding them through this challenge- and, perhaps, discarding the lives of her co-competitors in the process.

Indecisive, cautious, and hesitant to make the first move- Amelia has never been a bold fighter, but her deep knowledge of how the bodies of pokemon and people can be hurt and healed may give her an edge in battle, if she can harden her heart to the brutality of the competition she's been thrust into.

History: Born and raised in Celadon City, Amelia originally trained under Ericka, aiding the Grass-type Gym Leader in the upkeep of her vast gardens. However, flower arranging was tedious to the young woman, who saw it as a pointless and derivative task- it wasn't until Ericka's pokemon were badly injured in a battle against a short-tempered young trainer that Amelia saw the practical potential for the plants in the gardens. She left to journey on her own, taking only her Bulbasaur, Sage- to learn all she could about herbalism.

Her journey was interrupted by the opportunity to train under the nurse at the Pokemon Center in Vermillion- which she took enthusiastically, learning how to treat injuries and heal injured Pokemon. She remained there for over a year, taking in as much information as possible- then left again, determined to wander the region, aiding and assisting trainers and their pokemon when they were too far afield to make it to a Pokemon Center. And on her way, she experimented with herbs and flowers, and the leaves and spores of Grass- and Poison- type pokemon, determined to create her own cures and potions.

She's been at it for some time, and has seen much of the Kanto region, with her small team of pokemon by her side. Recently, a small pokemon tournament in a backwater town promised a free trip to the Hoenn region as a grand prize- and Amelia gratefully entered, wanting to see new pokemon and new plants to further her personal studies. To her own surprise- she's never been the strongest battler- she won. While she has no idea what she's gotten herself in to, she's on her way to the broken region of Hoenn- a place far too ruined for her to ever hope to heal it.

Inventory:
    • 5 Pokeballs
    • 2 Heal Powder
    • 3 Energy Powder
    • Herbalist Kit: 1 small knife, 1 small wooden board for chopping, 5 small pouches for herbs, mortar and pestle, 2 small bottles for potions
    • First Aid Kit: Splints and bandages, gauze wrap, needles and suture material, sterile wipes, compresses, saline, syringes
    • 500 pokedollars
    • Food supplies: a few rations for herself, and food and treats for her pokemon

Pokemon

Sage: Male Bulbasaur; Quiet Nature
    Sage was Amelia's first pokemon- stalwart, loyal and strongly attached to his partner, he shares quite a few of her personality traits. Calm, thoughtful and cautious, he battles like he's setting up a winning chess move and not struggling against a foe in a physical- and often dangerous- fight. He doesn't like to hurt other pokemon and often tries to win battles by putting his foe to sleep or paralyzing them- though of course, he may have to change his attitude if he wants to survive this competition.
    Sleep Powder
    Synthesis
    Razor Leaf
    Vine Whip

Ginseng: Male Zubat; Timid Nature
    Caught years ago and a loyal friend to Amelia, Ginseng is not a powerful battler, and has little interest or incentive to risk his frail body in combat. Ginseng's weak venom has been useful to Amelia in the past- when mixed with some herbs, it's been useful in creating potions and cures, especially to treat poison conditions in humans and Pokemon. He can also find bone fractures and internal injuries in patients with his echolocation. He's easily intimidated by larger pokemon, and often hides behind his trainer, clinging to the back of her shirt. He's greedy when it comes to food, however, and can be convinced to move past his comfort zone for the promise of a treat.
    Supersonic
    Haze
    Acrobatics
    Poison Fang

Kava: Female Clefairy; Impish Nature
    Amelia found Kava as an injured Cleffa, and quickly won the little creature's loyalty by patching up a few scrapes and staying by the tiny creature's side while she healed. Kava is the brightest and most outgoing of Amelia's pokemon, friendly and cheerful- though she's also the most troublesome. Unlike the others of Amelia's team, Kava enjoys battling, and seems more eager to make friends with humans than her fellow pokemon.
    Sing
    Minimize
    Defense Curl
    Moonblast

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
  • WJFNpGD.png

Also, since I forgot about them, your pokémon have access to all abilities that their species have access to, hidden or otherwise. You can activate one ability per battle. Use your common sense on the effects if these things: Intimidate, for example, works on all pokémon in the games, however, a Steelix is unlikely to be particularly intimidated by, say, a Growlithe, all things given.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    Yay abilities! I'll get mine added in later
    Never mind, I already had mine in my SU

Last edited:
    Years
  • Also, since I forgot about them, your pokémon have access to all abilities that their species have access to, hidden or otherwise. You can activate one ability per battle. Use your common sense on the effects if these things: Intimidate, for example, works on all pokémon in the games, however, a Steelix is unlikely to be particularly intimidated by, say, a Growlithe, all things given.

Ah, this will be fun with Bronzor. lol

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Name: Logan Ellsbury
    Appearance:

Logan stands at six feet tall, and weighs one-hundred and eighty-nine pounds. Logan has slightly tanned skin, and short light brown hair. Logan's facial features are defined and rigid, which gives him a tougher, meaner look and a pair of dark blue piercing eyes that give an intimidating glance. Logan sports a green dress shirt, unbuttoned and the sleeves rolled up. under that is a black V-Neck. He also wears a baggy pair of blue jeans, and a pair of black and white sneakers. To complete his daily outfit, Logan wears a black fitted cap, facing forward, a leather band watch and a dark green backpack slung over his shoulder.

Personality:

Some would call Logan Ellsbury competitive, while others may call him a jerk. Either way, intense is a trait that both angles could agree on when it comes to Logan Ellsbury. Logan tries hard at everything, from making his bed, to sports, to school work to Pokemon training, Logan's main purpose in everything is to be the best. Logan doesn't take no for an answer, and is extremely persistent to wanting things his way. One could call him a spoiled brat, and he does show flashes of that, he is also a hard worker and doesn't take his opportunities for granted. Logan is overconfident and displays flashes of arrogance, placing a high amount, sometimes too much faith into his knowledge and abilities. This has led to some embarrassing blunders for him in the past, which drives him to work even harder. Logan isn't a friendly person per say, but under the right circumstances he might decide to tolerate your existence. As a Trainer, Logan studies and practices his craft, but lacks that certain caring touch with his pokemon, instead being the "demanding coach" type. Logan enjoys the outdoors, being active and long walks on the beach. Logan is not one for sitting around and doing nothing, and often looks down upon those who do.

History:

Born in Lumiose City of the Kalos Region, to Alicia and Kelvin Ellsbury, both competitive trainers, Pokemon has been a large part of Logan's upbringing. Logan's parents were often out and about battling and training, so a Doublade would watch the house. They weren't exactly the greatest parents, spending more time with their Pokemon than their one and only son, instead lets a big ghost sword handles those duties. Due to his parents spending little time with Logan, he became very driven to become a Pokemon trainer in order to impress his parents. When Logan reached the age of twelve, he informed his parents that he would like to start training Pokemon. His parents got him a license, and gave him a Pokemon from each of them, A Piplup from his father and a Jigglypuff from his mother. Logan started training around Lumiose, and even collected a couple of gym badges. Over the next couple of years it became all about Pokemon for Logan, drawing him towards the mystique of the Hoenn region. The newly rebuilt Pokemon League was holding a lottery for Trainers who wanted to take on the League, and even promised a mythical Pokemon for the winner of the competition. Feeling that the mythical Pokemon is what Logan needed to get his parents approval, he entered the lottery. He ended up winning the lottery, and when he got to Hoenn, things were a little different than what he had previously thought.

Inventory:

5x Pokeballs
    3x Potions
    1x Travel Kit (Sleeping bag, tent, matches, hunting knife etc.)
    1000 Pokedollars
    1x PokeNAV

Pokémon:

doublade.png

Excalibur - Male - Hardy Nature

Swords Dance - Slash
    Aerial Ace - Shadow Sneak

jigglypuff.png

Kirby - Male - Calm Nature

Rollout - Rest
    Sing - Perish Song

prinplup.png

Napoleon - Male - Bashful Nature

Bubble Beam - Metal Claw
    Peck - Fury Attack

Last edited:

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • Came here to sign up, was greeted with a full RP and a heart full of sadness. ;_;

Good luck everybody involved, may the best trainer not die! ^-^

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    before i post in the IC, how did you guys add the pokemon on your team to the top of your post?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My favorite place to get icons is on Serebii.net. Find the Pokemon you want in the Pokedex, right click on the icon, and copy the URL.

I just google the name of the pokemon, add sprite on the end and pick a random link

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
  • On the Roleplay front, you may have noticed it's crawled to a halt, mor or less. On an effort to remedy this, everybody who hasn't posted has until Saturday evening (GMT 0) or whatever the equivalent is for you. After that, I'll post and move the roleplay on. If people haven't posted by then, we'll write assuming they're tagging along being quiet or something. If they still don't show up by the time the gym battles start, the votes will be randomly cast.

Years
  • Sounds like a good idea. Also, would you mind if I remade my post a little bit? It won't change the scenario, I just want to add in that my character acknowledges the camera crew.

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
    Years
  • Just a note because I never mentioned it yet, Elias' broken Snag Machine is one of the old-style ones that covers the whole arm, the one Wes (or in my game, "WANKER") uses in Colosseum. At least it works as pseudo-armor for his left arm or something...

Back