• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Increasing level cap

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Does anyone know how level caps could be increased? I was looking to make 120 the cap but have no idea where to start,.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Does anyone know how level caps could be increased? I was looking to make 120 the cap but have no idea where to start,.
    Update the value of the MAX_LEVEL constant and introduce new macros for your new levels in gExperienceTables following the lead of what's already there.

Since you don't intend to raise the cap by much, I think that should be good enough.
    If you wanted to go higher, you'd need to make extra modifications, see this and this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Update the value of the MAX_LEVEL constant and introduce new macros for your new levels in gExperienceTables following the lead of what's already there.

Since you don't intend to raise the cap by much, I think that should be good enough.
    If you wanted to go higher, you'd need to make extra modifications, see this and this.
    I see, it seems straight forward, so the experience needed is in a formula that depends on the category(slow/fast/erractic) to calculate how much experience the pokemon will need to level up, I thought I would have to define by how much experience each level would need.

And whats the difference between those two links, it seems thats for 2 different max levels and different equations for calculating experience growth.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • And whats the difference between those two links, it seems thats for 2 different max levels and different equations for calculating experience growth.
    It's not about differences, the 2nd link is an expansion or complement of the first one.
    I linked it in case you change your mind and decide to add a higher cap than Lv 120 in the future. The point is that going to certain lengths requires extra changes, i.e. those in the 2nd link.
    The Fluctuating exp. growth had to be modified because by default, it stops working properly at high levels.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    It's not about differences, the 2nd link is an expansion or complement of the first one.
    I linked it in case you change your mind and decide to add a higher cap than Lv 120 in the future. The point is that going to certain lengths requires extra changes, i.e. those in the 2nd link.
    The Fluctuating exp. growth had to be modified because by default, it stops working properly at high levels.
    Ok i see, thanks for that...all is working

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I noticed that when Pokemon reach lv105, hey get 2 digit experience for fainting trainer pokemon, why is that so slow, Im guessing I gotta update the formula for lv105 or higher pokemon, how would i do that?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I noticed that when Pokemon reach lv105, hey get 2 digit experience for fainting trainer pokemon, why is that so slow, Im guessing I gotta update the formula for lv105 or higher pokemon, how would i do that?
    The amount of exp. obtained depends on the difference between your Pokémon's level and the trainer's.
    That's caused by the Gen. 5 exp. formula which you can toggle in include/config/battle.h.
    Alternatively, if you really do want to modify it, backtrack from its config's constant and... well, good luck. The meat of it should be in Cmd_getexp.

Back