• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Individual Pokemon Eggs

nielsnijhof

Pokemon Master in training
Years
  • Hey guys,

Here is an idea that popped in my head while getting excited over this new Pokemon game.
    I'd really love to see that they would make unique sprites for every Pokemon's egg. These eggs/sprites shall be based on what will hatch from the eggs.

They've already done it in the anime, they for example made special eggs for a Mudkip, and one we might all know: Togepi. I'd think this would be a cool enhancement for us breeders out there (like me).

I'd love to see how you guys think about it :D

The spoiler contains a link to Bulbapedia with information on Pokemon eggs.
    Spoiler:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I think it'd be something that'd be hard to implement but as Pokemon continuously evolves I could see it being possible. I think it'd work better from type to type though so only having 17 different types. I mean water type eggs can't vary that much between them.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • That'd be cool but it'd be hard to do, like Waffle-san said. Also, imagine the egg getting a different cracking animation, like the pokemon coming out of the egg. Hard to do but thatd be super awesome.

nielsnijhof

Years
  • Yeah it'll most likely be a hard job to do, but I think the result will be greatly appreciated :D

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • i guess its cool... its not rly a necessary implement though. its also cool not knowing what pokemon ur going to get from an egg too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    This is something that would really personalize each and every Pokémon and really make those people who say that The Pokémon Company are running out of ideas and just recycling older Pokémon and basically meshing them together, for the most part, as far as concepts go. I really don't understand why so many people feel that way, because from what I've seen (yes, even with Mijimaru) is that each of them seem to be very different than any of the other Pokémon, which seems to be a daunting task when it comes to make a new game since there are so many Pokémon as it is, it seems to be really hard for people to assume that every one of them are going to be brand spankin' new. But yes! I would really, really love to see individualized Pokémon eggs per Pokémon.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    They Should, For example take http://Gpxplus.net/ They have Eggs for even legendary pokemon and novelties! Nintendo can make at least pokemon that do hatch out of Eggs!

nielsnijhof

Years
  • Yeah I just took a look at them and that's exactly what I was thinking of :D
    I am already getting excited over something that doesn't even exist (yet :P)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I see what you mean, even though there are so little amounts of Eggs in the anime, they all have their own different looks, and that is unique, so it would be fun to have it like that.

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    I think it'd be something that'd be hard to implement but as Pokemon continuously evolves I could see it being possible. I think it'd work better from type to type though so only having 17 different types. I mean water type eggs can't vary that much between them.

Logistically, this makes the most sense and those who want new pokemon eggs would be pleased with this change. I know I would be a big fan of it. It would also be a middle ground for people who don't want to lose the randomness of eggs, because you'd only know the type, not the exact species.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Yeah it'd be tough to make a unique design for every single first-in-its-evolutionary-chain pokémon but I could definitely see them making eggs a color that corresponds to their type like the TM discs, as Waffle-san proposed. That seems perfectly manageable to me but I doubt they'd go all out and design an egg for every single pokémon.

Years
  • being able to differentiate between eggs, (other than the Date) would be a huge help to the big time breeder, but it would also kinda kill the mystery egg giveaway thing, since you could probably tell which poke it is or at least the type. if they do this at all that is. :)

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • I think it'd be something that'd be hard to implement but as Pokemon continuously evolves I could see it being possible. I think it'd work better from type to type though so only having 17 different types. I mean water type eggs can't vary that much between them.

But a Porygon egg looks VASTLY different from a Clefairy egg, as does a Togepi egg.

Fun fact:

The Happiny egg you receive in D/P version actually has a slightly different sprite from the other eggs you otherwise obtain.

Back