• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Individual Pokemon Eggs

NatureKeeper

It'd be nice, but I won't accept. Mystery Eggs are mysterious. And if we imagine each egg is like 40x40 pixels, around 600 of these sprites won't be easy, especially that these spriters get paid, unlike us, and the Toy Soldier I created in TerraWorld that they ripped me off and used, with no credit to me. who aren't paid for ROM-Hack Sprites or Game Development. So, no, fat chance.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • They Should, For example take http://Gpxplus.net/ They have Eggs for even legendary pokemon and novelties! Nintendo can make at least pokemon that do hatch out of Eggs!
    Yes, this. :'D Well, I don't want them to literally take the designs (though it'd be SO hard to get used to a new "official" set of eggs after completing my non-legend dex on GPX+ xD) but I LOVE the idea that GPX+ ran with. I love looking at eggs and trying to guess what's inside.

I think it'd be neat if you could just find eggs lying around in the region, like abandoned outside of Pokémon nests or something, and pick them up and wander. You might not know exactly what's inside but the patterns on the outside of the egg could be a hint. :D Something like that would be pretty cool but I wouldn't see the use for it otherwise. u_u

Alternatively, still pulling ideas from GPX+, each egg could have an extra description. So not only does it tell you how far along the egg is, but there could be a personalized description for each egg. That way you could still tell what an egg was by checking its summary but otherwise, if you're just grabbing randomly from a box, you can still do mystery eggs giveaways.

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
  • Individual Eggs would be so much easier, then I wouldn't have accidentially traded away my Bonsly when I was trying to give my friend a Dratini

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    What if they did what they did with Spinda, Turning it so random spots appear on the egg, maling almost every egg unique?

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • To me... that'd be crazy. like 600 pokemon sprites, male and female, and male shiny and female shiny, (dont know the number of families, or legendaries to subtract but still) alot of different eggs, (hundreds i'd presume...) , All the AI, all the overworld sprites and pokemon, All the talking lines, not to mention the Amazing 3-D graphics, all the items and their effects, ect. Thats alot on one one by one inch cartridge...

i know, i probably exxagerated but i dont think they would customize that many eggs lol

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • I think it would be cool like on pokemon channel you have that tv show where they show you a pokemon egg and you can chose 1 out of 4 names of pokemon (preselected) and if you get it right you get money.Maybe to make thing more fun when you know what pokemon might be in your egg,they would show a old egg icon where nobody knows what there trading for.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Currently there would 213 different eggs (including known Gen V Pokemon, excluding Manaphy, but not Phione and counting Mr. Mime and Mime Jr., etc. as the same egg design).

I would love to see this happen. There could still be an eldement of surprise if you don't take time to memorise the egg designs. But really, you should know what's in an egg anyway, unless you did that egg swap thing. And mixing up eggs in the PC can get annoying.

I don't think it would be too much work for them. They're all just eggs, ~250 (by the time Gen V is factored in) recolours shouldn't be much work; compared to say, animating them or drawing out-of-battle sprites.

Last edited:

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Yeah each egg could have an animation xD Like the water egg could have a huge splashwave comming outwards, and an electric egg could be a lightning fork stucking down onto the egg :3

Like everyone is saying, that'll be really hard to do...

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Its a good idea, but so late in the series, it'd be a lot of work. I like the types idea. Blue for water, red for fire, ect. Just use the same colors they do for the little type title things.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It would be nice, but I doubt that they would do that. It'll probably be the same sprites for eggs in the other games.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I'd love this. It's make it a whole lot more fun to hatch eggs.

Plus, when you get the Mystery Egg from some NPC (c'mon, we all know there will be one), it'll be cool to imagine what Pokemon it will be.

Back