• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inspiration

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Where do you get your inspiration and for what, exactly?

Okay, for writing fan fiction I've gotten inspired by the works of Jax Malcolm, Pikatwo, RedCheetah, Farla, Jester Girl and countless others. For writing a novel that will probably never be completed, Mark Twain, J.K. Rowling and all those other heroic writers out there. For making a movie that I thought could break box office records, Stephen Spielberg and George Lucus. For artwork, Chikara, Kouyuu and all those other fantastic impressionists out there. For sports, I look up to no one, sport is flexible, in the way that different people have different talents at different games. So why would you look up to someone if you might never be able to match what he or she has done? For life, I look up to my family and friends.

And that is my list of inspirational figures.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    For my drawing: random thoughts, and possibly music. :/
    In everything else, I'm an uninspired and idle person, unfortunately...

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    For life, my inspiration is the memory of my parents, all of my friends, and anyone i've met on the journey so far. For Adventure, I'm inspired by Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones, and Jean-Luc Picard. For humanity, I'm inspired by MLK, Ghandi, and Gene Roddenberry. For creativity, I would have to say Orson Scott Card. Sports, I've always looked up to Ken Griffey Jr. And finally for hope, a girl I've lost a long time ago, but will one day be with again.

Years
    My inspiration is a little known football palyer called Helgi Danielsson. He came over form Iceland to play for my town's football club, played well, but left because he didn't like the manager. A few years later he played for the Icelandic national team, and has just been transfered to the Swedish top flight for £250k. He also has a masters in chemistry, and is an awesome guitar player (has a death metal solo project), and has time for a family.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    This may seem strange but there is this guy called DR Wayne dyer and his books are some of the most insperational things I have ever read.

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    I don't do much creatively besides drawing. Usually when I wake up and the sun is just coming up and everything's quiet I have an urge to draw. Nature, God, and Jesus fuel my life.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    I get my inspiration from almost anywhere, anyone, or anything; but a few stick out:

--Music (works well when you want to visualize a scene, or imagine who could be singing the song)
    --Cartoons/anime (I have fun testing to see whether one cartoon's gag will work in another universe
    --Movies (a few parts in the new Indy movie sounded like a match for a magical girl/boy story, and also reminded me of Earthbound)

and that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Victoria~

surrender to my s o c k s~
    Years
    For stories, I usually take inspiration from movies or music.. But movies, mainly. Every movie has a different perspective of someone's life and.. yeah, it's pretty much this.
    Sometimes, I don't even know why I got inspired.. it can be of something that happened in school or with my family. It depends on how I'm feeling at the moment :T

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
    Years
    I get inspired by everything, really.
    Although I'm greatly influenced by:

-Nature (I love saving/taking photographs of such)
    -Colours (Any colours that pleases me, I stuff them in folders or keep a mental note)
    -My Childhood (It was eventful)
    -Blog/Journal/Diary entries (I like reading them)
    -Animations/Cartoons (I won't go rambling about this one now)
    -Science (Psychology, Biology...)
    ~Questions
    -Some Artists (Mostly the little buggers that show stuff in art communities)
    -Music is probably my biggest inspiration but it's also damaging my work at the same time (such as unable to be down-to-earth in writing and be realistic in drawing.)

However, I don't really have inspirational figure(s). I would look up to people but it's usually a quick temporary. With that, I guess my figures would be everyday people like my mom and dad and some friends.

yeah

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I guess for writing fan fics would be my friends in my life Jared, Bryan, Morgan, Ashley,Jesse(boy), and Lauren(boy)

And for my drawings, i'd have to say watching vids on youtube, listening to music, and watching tv.

And for my other writings, again, my friends Jared, Bryan, Morgan, Ashley,Jesse(boy), and Lauren(boy).

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I get inspiration for almost everything I do; the music I listen, the people I talk to, the artwork I see (particularly digital art: vectors, vexels, collages, blends, and various styles used in web design). Most of the time, the music I listen to inspires the art I do, whether or not you see it in the art itself. A song I'm obsessed with will almost always serve as the basis for a design I do, or a banner I make. On a smaller scale, most of my personal messages and screen names on MSN are based on musical lyrics.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Tons of things. Walking around outside, listening to music and reading books are the primary ones, but I get inspiration from anything up to and including showers, the smell of rain, and Gatorade. Basically, inspiration isn't an event; it's a state of mind. Let things inspire you, and you'll be inspired (redundant, but it makes sense if you think about it). All things in life provide material for art (no matter what your form of expression is) and therefore you can derive inspiration from pretty much anything.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I'm a dancer, artist and a musician. I mainly get my inspiration from music. Being a mainly lyrical dancer, when a song that really moves me comes on, I tend to write drabbles of dance work for it. XD;;
    And with art, it makes me picture something and makes me want to draw or paint it. So without music, I wouldn't have passion I guess you could say.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    For myself, inspiration is completely random and unpredictable. The things that may have motivated me a few years ago will do nothing for me now, while the things that may motivate me today wouldn't have done a thing then. I think inspiration isn't something you can achieve upon request; it's something you acquire without seeking. Though certain things trigger inspiration, it's different for everyone. What motivates an artist probably wouldn't motivate an athlete. I get most of my inspiration from music, drawings, or just staring into space and thinking. But, as I said before, it can be completely random, and pop up when I least expect it.

Years
    Well, every morning I get up at 5am and do my press ups and other exercises and blocking drills etc. as a part of my martial arts training.
    And I just switch on the original pokemon theme.
    It's a great motivational song =]

+I saw the Dalai Lama speak in London about a month ago and that was a very inspirational event.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    For fan fiction, I get it from the many things that happen in life and the authors on PC. Where would I be without my writing buddies?

For poetry, I get my inspiration from life, again, and my friend Emily. She's an amazing writer...and so is my other friend who's name is, suprisingly, Emily. xD Both of them are great.

But inspiration in overall everything just...happens. Don't go looking for it. The chances of finding it are very slim...let it come to you.

[/flower child]

Back