• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

== Intense Intents in Tents | The Antagonist's Club ==

Which of the Villainous Teams is Your Favourite?

• Total voters
    Years
    You're right! We never really think about it but teams Magma and Aqua did succeed, it's just that what they did was reversed by the player.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    That's true when you think about it :o

-----NEW TOPIC-----
    What if there were versions of Pokemon games aimed at teenagers/adults alongside the normal games?

What if the player's character had the option of joining the antagonists?
    -------------------------
    Also, I was thinking of implementing a points system and a partner Pokemon for each member so that activity can be rewarded so keep an eye out for that ~

Last edited:
    Years
    What if there were versions of Pokemon games aimed at teenagers/adults alongside the normal games?
    Then the previous questions we discussed would be possible for sure! Since Teens and Adults know the difference between right and wrong and that stealing/etc is bad.

I would do this! But then we'd have to use assigned pokemon right? That'd be kinda :/ but I like this idea a lot.
    We sort of did in HG/SS where we dressed up as rocket tho, that was fun.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Grrr... This topics reminds me a lot of the 'What if there's a Pokémon GTA' topics. I believe Pokkén and Pokémon GO is aimed at the mentioned audiences, however, they seem to not involved any crime syndicates like the main games.
    *Insert 'Come To The Dark Side' meme* Wes is the only protagonist with a history with the villainous team. If that were to be expanded to the core games, I believe the majority young adult players are going to welcome this.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Spoiler:

Do they? There's still an increasing amount of crimes influeced by video games though...

It was fun! Johto had some cool events for sure xD

Spoiler:

What if there was a Pokemon GTA? xD

Do you really think younger players would welcome it? :o

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Do you really think younger players would welcome it? :o[/FONT]
    [/SIZE]

Probably the teenagers would welcome it as well. But for younger ones like the elementary kids, probably no. They just wanna beat the c out of all the crime syndicates, so be careful about your club! {XD}

Years
    Do they? There's still an increasing amount of crimes influeced by video games though...

It was fun! Johto had some cool events for sure xD

What if there was a Pokemon GTA? xD

Do you really think younger players would welcome it? :o

I walked around and gauged everyone's reactions of me being a rocket haha.

If there was a pokemon GTA that'd be my dream, I'd play the hell outta that, but then again pokemon is something that's generally seen for kids, so I don't think such a thing would happen because yeah, kids.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Spoiler:

Grr, kids... Would be super fun though, being a villain! xD

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years

I don't know ... I think some people would like, but other wouldn't you know? For me ... it really doesn't matter :/ I really don't have any special opinion about it, so I don't have to much to say!

OMG, GF I want this >.< It would be soooo cool! I love bad guys in games and animes so I would LOVE being one ^^ We would play the games from another perspective ... It would be different from the normal games, so it would be very neat ^^

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Spoiler:

There are a ton of ROM hacks that let you play as the villain and I love those! It's such an interesting concept and it's a nice change from doing the same basic thing in every Pokemon game xD

Also, I think you guys didn't quite get the full meaning in the first of the new topics. What I meant when I said "aimed at teenagers/adults" was that there'd be references to things like drugs, adult oriented themes, murder, etc. :o

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The Club of The Month thread has returned once again! While this is fairly a new club, but the club itself ain't a fair thing for sure. Let's vote for this awesome club to show we're supportive of this owner/club! Let's unite our evaaal teams!
    This is where you vote! :)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356105

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    The Club of The Month thread has returned once again! While this is fairly a new club, but the club itself ain't a fair thing for sure. Let's vote for this awesome club to show we're supportive of this owner/club! Let's unite our evaaal teams!
    This is where you vote! :)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356105

Aww! I really appreciate this! Thank you! :D

I urge you guys to head over to that thread and cast your vote for whatever club you think deserves it (it doesn't have to be the obviously amazing Antagonist's Club!)! Vote honestly, I won't be mad, I promise! xD

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    Re: Adult themes
    Spoiler:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Spoiler:

I suppose so. In that sense, Team Rocket making Mewtwo is also rather akin to it :o

-----NEW TOPIC-----

What do you think of an antagonist that is less classy (like the current ones) and more psychotic like The Joker from batman?

--------------------------

Again, I urge you all to go and vote for your favourite club over at September's CoTM thread! I helps us owners do better! :)

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Spoiler:

Yeah, but they decided to blur those parts out for obvious reasons. I believe Team Rocket are the Pokémon world's Yakuza/gang.

I suppose so. In that sense, Team Rocket making Mewtwo is also rather akin to it :o

-----NEW TOPIC-----

What do you think of an antagonist that is less classy (like the current ones) and more psychotic like The Joker from batman?

--------------------------

Again, I urge you all to go and vote for your favourite club over at September's CoTM thread! I helps us owners do better! :)

So far we don't have a psychotic like The Joker, perhaps Ghetsis is the closest one, but not that close. I'm definitely welcome arms to that sort of villain and it seems like Pokémon's starting to change its primary target audience, I say the Gen 7 is the perfect generation to introduce them!

Years

I'll agree with Sun and say that I guess the closest was likely Ghetsis, esp in B/W 2. I'd definitely be open to that sort of antag as well though! I think it'd add a good twist to the story for sure!

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    How do think such an antagonist would act and treat others/Pokemon? His goals? His reasoning? :o

I think they'd be cruel to their own Pokémon. Lysandre has been shown imprisoning his relative-ancestor, while Mr. G took N and the two girls under him with ill intention, I guess it can be even cruel than that; doesn't necessary involve torturing, or even life loses. But definitely something evil or abnormal.

Years
    Well, Psychotic simply means you suffer from things like Hallucinations and Delusions. So it would depend largely on what sort of delusions the antag has. If they think they're better than everyone, for instance, then we could see them treating their pokemon and others poorly.
    But if they just have delusions and hallucinations of say, others doing evil, they may have a warped plan but not necessarily treat others bad.

Also since it's mainly us 3 in here, are we like the villain trio? haha

Back