• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Interview a shinx!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    waves ribbons

Hi again! What are your thoughts on spiders and other creepy crawlies?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    You're most welcome Hyzenthlay (*´꒳`*) and for my art it will be up soon, I'll probably post my GIF animation shorts, digital artwork and a few pixel artwork on here in my own gallery section. For graphic design I did wanted to do it as a career though more animation like help making video games or movies. Sadly my high school I attended where I reside was the type if you aren't rich, popular, or do sports your nothing there. No teaches fought for me in trying to help me during my senior year to apply to a university. My teachers said I had talent and skills for animation or graphic design as well, though in the end they gave thier information help about universities or help getting a scholarship to other students in my class. Favoritism was HUGE in my high school.

As for graphic design or animation I do now it's for fun and my passionate hobby. Money and fame weren't ever things I wanted growing up and still the same today. I rather bring joy, happiness and smiles to people today if I sold my art or crafts to others is more worth it to me.

That's a shame about what happened in school... that kind of favouritism is very common, unfortunately. :( Still though, you've got some terrific goals there, and there's so much you can learn outside of university! It takes a lot of practice that's all. ^_^ If you're doing what you do for the passion and enjoyment of it, it will channel into your work and people will notice that! Art is a lot of fun and you can only keep getting better! :)

What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?

I'm going to avoid saying the last experience because it's quite dark and personal, but... my partner makes me feel stronger every day. He has so much faith in me that it's infectious, and now I think I finally believe in myself a little, too! :) Last year, when I was going through an incredibly hard time, he always had the right words to say. At the time I didn't believe any of it, but in hindsight what he told me has indeed made me stronger!

what are the top 3 best things that happened to you in the last decade?

My first answer is 100% falling in love with Revise and discovering that he loved me back all along! That has been the best part of my entire life, so it's an easy answer. <3

The second greatest thing would be my family escaping the terrible emotional and financial rut that we've been in ever since I can remember. While our situation hasn't changed much at all, we all survived that initial dark period together and came out stronger for it. Now our future is brighter, too!

The third is trickier... I don't want to say it was anything material, so I won't include things I've purchased, though getting a new PC was great. :P Actually... I think the third best thing to happen was saving and fostering my pet wild rat when he was a blind infant. He was barely hanging on, so fragile, yet seeing his intense will to live and helping him to achieve a long life makes me feel incredibly proud. (He's still alive today - this was in 2018!) So yeah, that would be the third best thing. :')

waves ribbons

Hi again! What are your thoughts on spiders and other creepy crawlies?

I have a lot of respect for spiders! We have this saying in my house: "You must never kill a spider, but only help and guide her". From the Roald Dahl rhyme! We usually leave out spiders be and help them when they're in trouble. My favourites are Christmas spiders and jumping spiders. <3

As for other creepy crawlies, well... again, I avoid hurting any of them, but I must admit I don't like being anywhere near centipedes, scorpions, flies, giant bugs, or pretty much anything that stings or bites! 🙈

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    I missed some earlier questions from PokeGuy and Ash - sorry about that!

Do you prefer the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games or the RPG ones?

I do! The PMD games are some of my all-time favourites, with Explorers of Sky being my most favourite alongside Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword! I just love the whole idea of it - being a Pokémon, going on adventures with your best friends, seeing the incredible stories unfold.... not to mention the music is A+! I'm a huge fan and have written a lot of PMD fan fics. :D

What was most beautiful view you've ever seen?

That's a hard question... I've seen some gorgeous views in my life, but I think my answer would have to be my first flying experience. We were heading to Broome, and I remember being in complete awe as we flew above the clouds. They were like an endless white, billowing sea with clear blue sky above, and as the sun began to set, everything lit up in deep orange, pink and red. <3

What is one of your favorite quotes?

"No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

This quote from Gandalf in LotR. It really does make death seem... not all bad. :') So it comforts me.

What is one thing you're tired of telling/explaining to people?

Having to justify the things I love/my dreams. Such as explaining to my mum that I have a boyfriend online and we're in love, because she pretty much views anyone online as a predator and can't fathom falling in love online. Also, justifying my dreams of travelling alone in Japan for a year. My mum just wants to protect me, I know that, and I love her, but when only negative things are said about what makes you happy, it gets tiring. :(

What is something you did in your life your most proud of?

Fostering a blind, deaf, wild baby rat into one of the most beautiful animals I've ever known! Which of course is Matthias. :) That was almost 3 years ago now. As I type this he is resting on my shoulder, but he is old and infirm, and on his last legs, so once again I'm nursing him. Knowing his time is short has strengthened my belief that he is the proudest part of my life. I love him!

Years
    Fostering a blind, deaf, wild baby rat into one of the most beautiful animals I've ever known! Which of course is Matthias. :) That was almost 3 years ago now. As I type this he is resting on my shoulder, but he is old and infirm, and on his last legs, so once again I'm nursing him. Knowing his time is short has strengthened my belief that he is the proudest part of my life. I love him!

Oh my that's the most sweetest, kindest and caring thing a person can do for an animal in need that has some type of disability or illness. Taking them in reguagless not caring about it and doing their job to love and taking care of their animal. You're my hero~! I think it be extremely hard for me if it my rat was deaf and blind. One of those things if it sadly had it I could manage but not two, I really don't think. Your so strong~! Bless you for taking care of Matthias during his time on earth I bet he is at rainbow heaven now enjoying it as well watching over you still, I think since I'm a very spiritual person and bealive that stuff.

*sending good and positive vibes your way*
    ~

---

What is your favorite Studio Ghibli Film?

Back