• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intoxicated's Digital Art and Scratch Sprites

Tox

fight me
Years
  • Excuse the horrible CSS. I'm just messing around.

Hey! I've been meaning to make a gallery here for quite a while but I never know what to write. Anyway, I've been working (and hopefully improving) on a few stuff that I'd like to share. Please leave a comment - I really like to know what people think. Feedback is welcome, good and bad. I'm not one to be easily offended so don't be afraid of being harsh. It'll just make me want to prove you wrong with my next picture. xD I can't code very well, so for now this thread will look really plain. Anyway, here's what I've been working on:

Sprites - Please, please do not use them, even as a base. I've worked hard to improve, and so far, I can only do straightforward angles.

My OC, Terri:
    TerriScratchSprite.png
    TerriScratchVSSprite.png
    9huj60.png
    terri_s_vs_sprite_by_arishoz-d63v4yi.png

I've recently updated her clothes so I messed around with her original VS sprite 'cos I'm lazy. Still need to make the full trainer sprite though.

My OC, Andrew:
    AndrewVSMugshot.png
    AndrewVSSpriteUpdate2.png
    andrew_s_vs_sprite_by_arishoz-d55hef8.png

I hate the first sprite. It's about a year old. I decided to redo it yesterday and I'm much happier with the new one. :3

EDIT (26/11/2012);
    I have updated with some more VS Sprites that I've created since I posted this thread. None of the following characters belong to me. If you'd like to know who they belong to, check out their descriptions in my deviantART gallery (link is in my sig). Again, please do not use or edit these in any way.
    galaxis_dark___character__1_vs_sprite_by_arishoz-d5m8wx3.png
    galaxis_dark___character__2_vs_sprite_by_arishoz-d5m8xlp.png
    galaxis_dark___character__3_vs_sprite_by_arishoz-d5m8xye.png
    gift___vanillecream_by_arishoz-d5hcl1k.png

gift___ichan_desu_by_arishoz-d5ixurf.png
    gift___joey_by_arishoz-d5j5j77.png
    gift___hikarilatias_by_arishoz-d5j5jz6.png
    commission___nishimurashoko_by_arishoz-d5md21o.png

EDIT (1/1/2013);
    joney__s_vs_sprite_by_arishoz-d5ngere.png
    gift___bulbasarah_by_arishoz-d5p24zy.png
    gift___shea2468_by_arishoz-d5p5177.png
    tom_s_vs_sprite_by_arishoz-d5p51i0.png
    olivia_s_vs_sprite_by_arishoz-d5p639z.png

EDIT (3/5/2013);
    Char4Sprite.png
    Char5Sprite.png
    andrew_s_vs_sprite_by_arishoz-d55hef8.png
    sharada_s_vs_sprite_by_arishoz-d63sv6e.png
    terri_s_vs_sprite_by_arishoz-d63v4yi.png

Digital Art - You can see other pictures in my deviantART gallery. The link is in my signature.

until_the_world_ends_by_arishoz-d4kz8h3.png

Currently, this is the only picture in my gallery that I think is decent though. Well, at least out of those that don't have someone else's characters in it.

Note: Thanks for all of the offers guys but I'm actually not looking to join any hacking teams at the moment. I'm busy with work, commissions and my own projects. Your comments have all been great though!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I can definitely see an improvement with Andrew, good job. I also really like your digital art, both what you posted here and on dA. Wish I had that kind of talent. :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm gonna move this to the Pixel Art section, as most of the stuff that you've put inside the thread itself has been revolved around that. If you want to devote more time to your digital art, please feel free to make a separate thread in the main Art Gallery section. Thanks.

Moving on up

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Sorry, I was on holidays in Turkey for two weeks and I forgot I'd posted this. xD

I can definitely see an improvement with Andrew, good job. I also really like your digital art, both what you posted here and on dA. Wish I had that kind of talent. :P
    Thanks a lot, I'm glad you can see an improvement. Your comments are really kind! Thanks a lot for the watch too! ^^ I'm working on a few others so hopefully I'll have those uploaded soon. :3

I'm gonna move this to the Pixel Art section, as most of the stuff that you've put inside the thread itself has been revolved around that. If you want to devote more time to your digital art, please feel free to make a separate thread in the main Art Gallery section. Thanks.

Moving on up
    Okay, I'll do that. :] Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    I took a look at your dA page and your digital stuff is nice. Your pixel OCs are great too, keep up the practice and sprite some more!

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Thanks for your comment, Nimphious! I've just updated with a few more recent sprites. ^^

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Cool drawing, however shouldn't Psyduck be a Goldduck by then?

Thanks, that means a lot! ^^ Why would it be a Golduck though? It never evolved in the anime so I decided to base it off of that. Golduck doesn't have the same charm, in my opinion. ;D I suppose you could argue that in HeartGold and SoulSilver, Misty has a Golduck. However, that Golduck is female. I know Psyduck's gender was never actually confirmed, but in the episode Lights, Camera, Quack-tion, I think it implies that it is in fact male.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • those are amazing! especially the VS sprites. the little sprite of Terri needs work because it doesn't really have an outline or darker shading. can't wait to see more! (:

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Thank you! I'm still hoping to improve on my VS sprites a little more too but I see what you mean. ;u; My regular trainer sprites still need a lot of work. I'm not as confident when I have to squeeze a lot of details into such a small space.

EDIT (26/11/2012);
    I've updated with five new VS Sprites. I have to finish a few commissions and then I'll hopefully get a chance to work on regular trainer sprites.

Last edited:

Blaid

Have you seen any rupee?
    Years
  • Hmm... Your stuff it's amazing! I love your mugs. c: But... Add fingers is a difficult way to do mugs. Sometimes you do very good, and sometimes you make them worse... For example, the guy with a tatoo in him arm has a big big thumb. lol Hope to see more of your great mugs, greetings! Keep going! :p

ZeKro

http://zekrowah.deviantart.com
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2013
    Hey!
    I like these mugs a lot, they are great! The shadows are very cleans, and the colours mix very well. But, like Blaid says, some fingers are a little stranges, and others are greats.

I hope to see more and keep it up!

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Hmm... Your stuff it's amazing! I love your mugs. c: But... Add fingers is a difficult way to do mugs. Sometimes you do very good, and sometimes you make them worse... For example, the guy with a tatoo in him arm has a big big thumb. lol Hope to see more of your great mugs, greetings! Keep going! :p
    Hey!
    I like these mugs a lot, they are great! The shadows are very cleans, and the colours mix very well. But, like Blaid says, some fingers are a little stranges, and others are greats.

I hope to see more and keep it up!

I know these is way out of date but thank you both so much! You're right about the thumb, and the sprites in general. I need to fix up a couple of the ones I've posted actually! After leaving them for a while, it's easy to spot the mistakes!

Anyway, I've posted a few more. The last two were done today. I had a go at the Gen V style for a change! The eyes are actually pretty tricky! Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2021
    Your mugshot are really nice stuff.

There's a couple thing I noticed:
    1- The noses aren't clearly defined. There are missing like 1-2 pixel at the bottom to ''form the manga stlye nose''.
    2-The hair looks ratter plain (large zone without any shading). I know pokemon mugshot only use 2 shade shading, but try to have more in the hair. It will make them look better, a bit more realistic and less 2D.
    3- Some of them don't have any chin and have way too round face.
    4- Often pillowshaded/overshaded/undershaded. The 5th mug from your 3/513 edit is pilloshaded because the light seem to come from top left on the face and right on clothes. Same thing for the brown hair girl with purple shirt. The poison motar guy is undershaded. There's missing shade many place on the clothes which make it look really plain even if we can clearly see different layer. The face of the blonde with pink dress is way to shaded.

I took the freedom to modify your OC Andrew just to show some correction/improvment you can make. Made it fast, so I didn't correct everything I think could be corrected, but couple of the main point. (Note I'm not a Pokemon spritter, so maybe it's not too pokemon style)
    mugshot1.png

Trainer Jun

Team Rocket Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • You have some true skill here. Maybe I should be asking you to do some work for my hacks... I've got some interesting trainers I'm spriting, but I can't do Vs. sprites. You, however, have something amazing here.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Your mugshot are really nice stuff.

There's a couple thing I noticed:
    1- The noses aren't clearly defined. There are missing like 1-2 pixel at the bottom to ''form the manga stlye nose''.
    2-The hair looks ratter plain (large zone without any shading). I know pokemon mugshot only use 2 shade shading, but try to have more in the hair. It will make them look better, a bit more realistic and less 2D.
    3- Some of them don't have any chin and have way too round face.
    4- Often pillowshaded/overshaded/undershaded. The 5th mug from your 3/513 edit is pilloshaded because the light seem to come from top left on the face and right on clothes. Same thing for the brown hair girl with purple shirt. The poison motar guy is undershaded. There's missing shade many place on the clothes which make it look really plain even if we can clearly see different layer. The face of the blonde with pink dress is way to shaded.

I took the freedom to modify your OC Andrew just to show some correction/improvment you can make. Made it fast, so I didn't correct everything I think could be corrected, but couple of the main point. (Note I'm not a Pokemon spritter, so maybe it's not too pokemon style)
    mugshot1.png
    Wow, thanks so much. That's exactly the type of feedback I was looking for! I definitely agree with your point about the hair. Your attempt looks a million times better. Your nose looks much smoother too, but if you look at the Pokémon Mugshots, they seem to be missing those pixels too. A lot of them have round faces too but I do think that mine might be a bit too round!

Thanks for the tips on shading too. I can't believe I didn't notice I was pillow-shading. I can see what you mean with regards to all the shading now. Thank you again for the advice! ^^

You have some true skill here. Maybe I should be asking you to do some work for my hacks... I've got some interesting trainers I'm spriting, but I can't do Vs. sprites. You, however, have something amazing here.
    Thanks a lot. I'm really glad you like them. I'm afraid I'm too busy to get involved in any hacks though!

Back