• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is anyone else beginning to get bored of Pokemon?

Years
  • nope in fact this generation upsurged my addiction like you i was 6 when my grandma got me pokemon red for christmas. I've been in the pokemon fandom since the beginning

Years
  • For a long time I was always going through phases and I would devout all my attention to one interest, either pokemon or zombies or computers or dungeons and dragons. Lately I've found my self being more able to concentrate on more then one thing at a time, so I think thats a huge reason my most recent upswing in interest in pokemon is still going strong. I've loved it ever since I first say my first episode of pokemon and although my interest has gone up and down I've never gotten bored or lost my love of it.

Years
  • I haven't been playing a lot of Pokemon for many months, it's probably just some kind of phase I have every now and then. I like rotating my games, and my interest Pokemon is most likely going to be back as strong as it used to be eventually.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • You people all say the same thing: I WILL NEVER GET BORED OF POKEMON a couple of years from now you all will be like what the hell is pokemon??!! I lost interest In pokemon ever since gen3 back in the old days (R/B/G/Y). You would cryed out of joy brcause you battled a friend and won and traded your poemon for another. The concept of new pokemon games is messed up the only difference is new pokemon and different storyline. What you should really ask is : why am I playing pokemon ? . Gonna catch'em all

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I haven't gotten bored of Pokemon yet. Sure, the basic plot for the games and anime are the same, but the way they're arranged every generation is what keeps me going.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    I got frustrated with the poor writing of the show during the Orange Islands and quit watching and playing the games for a while, but came back to it during the RS era.

I think letting it go for a while and growing up a little helped me really appreciate how fun and innocent the franchise is. I can't imagine getting bored with it now. I play the games and watch the show quite a bit these days. In fact, I can watch the same Orange Islands episodes that I hated and really enjoy them now.

Windie

oh okay.
    Years
  • Pokemon only gets boring when you play it for 8 straight hours.

But other than that, Pokemon will never get old for me

EVER.

Squirtle Hero

Squirtle Hero
    Years
  • Yes, I grew up with it my whole life I was there when it wasn't that big because it just started the first time I saw it I loved it, but I lost intrest at one time, then when I was playing Super Smash Bros Brawl I played as the Pokemon Trainer, and when he used Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard I came back to Pokemon.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Sometimes I'll slip in and out of times when I'm motivated to play and when I'm not. Usually after awhile of not playing it, I'll return to Pokemon. However, B/W didn't keep my interest for as long as previous Pokemon games did, so I can't help but wonder if that's a sign that I'm becoming bored of the games. I'll still return to play the old games occasionally, but it's not as freequent as I have before...

But the anime, I got sick of watching that years ago.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    Pokemons awesome, but if you're getting bored, either-
    1. Leave it for a while, then come back and try the harder stuff like egg breeding, ev training, contests and completing the national, pokemon never stops.
    2. Start from scratch, put all your good pokemons on let's say... Pokemon white (migrating if you have d,p and pt and lower) and start a new game on an old game e.g ruby, and start catching and training pokemon, even ones you don't think are very good, you'll be surprised by what you'll find...

Whatever you do, don't sell your games & ds/gameboys, give them to your kids when you're older and give them the enjoyment of pokemon. :)
    Anyways, enjoy pokemon while you still can...

P.S Yes, mind craft is a very addictive game

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Try getting someone to play with you. Competitively or just casually. Friends helps you back in the game. ;)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I go through periods where there is nothing in this world better than Pokemon, and then I go through periods where I could take it or leave it. Black and White has left me in a 'take-it-or-leave-it' state of mind, so I know that the Ruby/Sapphire remakes will turn me back into the Pokemon fan I was in 1999!

As for the wider concept of Pokemon, I don't think I'll ever get bored of that.

Dr. McNinja

Sir Harold of England
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2011
    I've had two of those points in my short life. But then I play the originals over again, or, I watch the first episode of pokemon ever made, and I realise why I love it.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I'm fed up with the anime, I think it's really childish and without any interest now. It has lost its magic it had in the 1st generation, and Ash disappoint me increasingly.
    After, I never got bored of the Pokémon world, games, manga, fanarts... So many things, so many dreams... I can't get enough of it ! I'm crazy about Pokémon, since I'm 5, and even if some people have fun of me 11 years later, it doesn't matter, that doesn't discourage me to buy the latest games and so on.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Ok, first, unlike you, Pokemon drew me away from minecraft instead :P its vice versa.
    Even though I am still Up-to-Date to whatever goes in Minecraft, its just that Pokemon is Prior.

Now getting bored of Pokemon? Well...NO. I don't know if I ever will. However, I do remember saying the exact same thing for all previous thing i fell in love with, but by time, i dumped them :/

Shocking enough, this isn't the case with Pokemon, After I explored the diverse world of PkMn, I don't believe I am gonna get bored, especially since its gonna continue for a long time.
    The Anime keeps getting better and better for me And Unova seems to be a very critical mark on Pokemon history, Pokemon is getting so Climactic these days, I just get curious from "What is Next".

I am not so sure how am I suppose to answer your question in terms of the game. I mean, after you finish the game, then definitely its gonna get boring, but Pokemon as a General will never be. So, you might get bored of the game you finished, but still, there are upcoming games to anticipate and explore.....it is Literary a Huge World, Its almost impossible to get bored out of Pokemon.

Back