• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is homosexuality unnatural?

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    What? Did you try to make a conspiracy theory out of homosexuality? Here are a few things I am going to throw in your direction.

1) The LGBT movement did start to begin in the 1960s, but it doesn't mean we were more accepted. LGBT+ identified people were seen as sexual deviants and as people with mental disorders. (And homosexual activity was still a crime back then too....)
    Wrong Non-heterosexual activity have always existed in various traits of various culture groups. However it was never an end all or division of such activities. The reality is due to the fear of "Soylent Greens" a program was placed to make sure the sexes were separated. The same program was used against non-Europeans as well. 1960's cross-dressing had nothing to do with non-heterosexuals at all. In fact hollywood/media around this time also started to use non-heterosexuals with anything the nation did not want to flourish. Like Electronic music for example was bashed using non-heterosexuals, and thus created a scene of non-heterosexuals who are into electronic music.

2) Why would people want to mimic being in an oppressed minority? And why would the media advertise that? There has got to be more than "population control" as a reason to convince people to be part of an oppressed minority.
    It is not a minority at all. It is a person being manipulated into doing something they would never even think to do. Imagine the parents who used non-heterosexuals ideas to attack there children likes and dislikes only to generate the unwanted behavior. For example a man gives his sons action-figures to play with because he is playing with dolls. However this in fact might encourage this unwanted behavior the father was fighting against. In fact action figures never really existed at all, asides for models and statues. Now a little boy could sleep with his G.I. Joe and dream god knows what. An example like that is far fetched but it does occur.

The media is paid off to manipulate material in any form. Like when Terminator was filmed it was using an majority European cast because of the racism that would probably ensue at that time. However even people who are not European could enjoy terminator and it even have spawned plays. If it was a non-European cast would it have been received as well.

It is like how you go to an internet page and read news but it is really sponsered content. Or a videogame page and it is pushing for children to act a certain way, or think certain things. Take all of these magazines many women buy. Sponsored manipulative content. Point being is that money plays a big roll inside of it. It is little things from a fierce female to a submissive male among many things. Have you ever asked why do they show male violence as being funny and accepted but they rarely or barely show a woman, especially an ugly woman being violently attacked? Only such instances are in horror films. Why is that?

3) The prevalence of LGBT stereotypes happens mostly because of ignorance.
    You got it wrong. This is something I had to learn. Stereotypes is a term used in media such a theater, to even videogames and news. It goes along with policing as well. Stereotypes are based on people and various people even mimic these stereotypes for whatever god forsaken reason they do. You can not escape stereotypes. Even I am playing out one, and more of them will be created. While they are used as weapons in media to depicted people,

We use stereotypes to make characters realistic in media. You can not escape that at all unless you halt all production of media. They are right in front of you. Play a game like "Freedom Planet" and the stereotypes are all over the place. You can't help that unless you go above that.

4) Not sure how idolizing of celebrities relate to this at all.
    People worship and follow celebrities like they follow religion and politics. When a certain person who is respected starts to do something others will follow. Many celebrities have jumped from feminism to non-heterosexual ( womanism ) activities. Many actors ( who are without a doubt there character ) in fact relive there rolls as times changes. Morphing into what was said about them or what should come from them. An actor who was a preacher came out as a molester. An sportsman was being called a woman had a sex change. An actress who was love starved and on the sauce had a meltdown. An actress who was a strong woman decided to be a Lesbian. Things like that. People will follow off a cliff.

5) If the media was trying to convince people to "become homosexual," then why do we have the bury your gays trope? How would manipulating people to identify as LGBT+ work if the most prevalent association of being LGBT+ is unhappiness and premature violent/saddening death?
    The people that hate the most will create children that rebel against them by becoming what they fear there children will become. They more you talk about something the more power it has over you. The more you bring up a topic the more you create a problem. It is better not to talk about something and that case is non-heterosexual activity.

You know what many Jews do? They only watch 1920's and 1950's television. There is some television outside of that but otherwise they do not watch anything newer. In fact there entire religious structure is the community structure. The reason why you do not see an army of non-heterosexual Jews shaking things up is because they do not preach these ideas at all. They are clean of this problem AKA non-heterosexual activity. However for the gentile ( one soul AKA animal soul ) the problem is common because in most cases they do preach outside religion and keep up with trends.

I hate using that example but that is the source. People are preaching ( this whole entire conversation is preaching and teaching or installing ideas of non-heterosexual activity

6) And you are implying that LGBT+ identified people shouldn't be in media at all, but only all the straight, cis-gendered people should be portrayed in the media. That's not only unrealistic, but with your logic, you are also implying that the media would promote the "heterosexual agenda," which begs the question why the "homosexual agenda" is bad and why the "heterosexual agenda" is good? Because at this point you are rating sexualities and I find that problematic.

[/QUOTE] I am implying that any new media should not feature characters or stereotypes that is non-heterosexual. If a character is for some reason then it should not be the talk of the town. We do not need to hear "he is this" or "she is that". However as I love fiction I am not stopping people from whatever it is. I only ask that people shield there children from such instances or do even mention anything about it. If a school host any promotional material the parent should write or have them excused from that day. Even if candy/drugs ( sugar ) is involved.
    I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. Can you give any examples of this actually occuring? The closest I can come to is the inclusion of stereotypically gay men in tv shows like The Simpsons and Will And Grace, but these were added to appeal to people who were already gay, not to try and convert hetrosexuals to being gay.

Will and Grace features at least one guy but at times the men are walked over. In fact this roll is played with "Adventure Time" and Peppermint Butler and Princess Bubblegum. In fact the hero in Adventure time is brushed off just because he is a dude while other more muscular characters are preferred. Even Banana man is pushed to side and when Princess Bubblegum is on a rampage nobody is stopping her. The Simpsons is actually from the tv series "The Carol Brunette show" ( you get the title ) which features many men being walked all over by women, along with Bart intelligence being over sighted by both his sisters. Even Marge is seen as the dominate parent in the relationship. Even with Flanders and his wife, and his messed up sons. The same with the Pastor and his wife and his wayward daughter. The same with the dumb police force who is seen breaking the law many times in the earlier Simpsons. In fact the entire Simpsons is innuendo all over the place. It is pretty girls being bashed for being pretty meanwhile all the males eventually gets attacked at some point for almost anything. Male discrimination.
    it is a very original variation on the now age-old fear of the "homosexual agenda".

I do not fear that. I know it. I have been to college and the first thing I saw was a non-heterosexua male being as stereotypical as ever walking with hips and dressed in tighter clothing then his female counter part and this was back in 2006. I have laughed with people, cried, and almost had a reason to bed with people. Reality is that as non-heterosexual you are. You are feeding them or we have kept them alive for many years, without knowing it. It is like a WW2 vet buying Japanese videogames after holding so much negativity for Japan. Guess what? A whole bunch of people in the US and western shores own Japanese products by the thousands. I have over $5000 of merchandise probably that I imported.
    So, the extremely conservative media of places like the US and Australia, who are known to be very much anti-LGBT+, are simultaneously pushing the conservative agenda and the mythical "gay agenda"? Nothing contradictory there at all.

Ha ha ha Australlia is part of the Common-wealth. Some British men think they have periods based off a census. Ha ha ha. Australlia is now taking on immigrants who do not want to be Amerikan, ha ha h a ha. Point being is that USA is not anti-LGBT because the amount of people purchasing material. I bet we are surrounded by that material at home as well. The more you hate the more you think about something. Best solution cut the fat of life and stop intaking anything related to non-heterosexuals.

Honestly, the word "unnatural" is ridiculous. Everything that exists is nature because it is bound by the laws of nature; it's literally impossible to have "un-nature".

Can two people of the gender make a baby without the need for miracle of medical science? You would need all kinds of extra equipment. Look two people a man and woman irregardless of age could make it in the wilderness more then two people of the same sex.

Give a man a job and watch how fast his seeds spread through the wind. Give anything else money and watch it buy junk.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Well, I'm just shocked that Will & Grace had an insidious agenda other than dumping on Debra Messing every other week.

Years
  • Ha ha ha Australlia is part of the Common-wealth. Some British men think they have periods based off a census. Ha ha ha. Australlia is now taking on immigrants who do not want to be Amerikan, ha ha h a ha. Point being is that USA is not anti-LGBT because the amount of people purchasing material. I bet we are surrounded by that material at home as well. The more you hate the more you think about something. Best solution cut the fat of life and stop intaking anything related to non-heterosexuals.

Ignoring the fact that you have no idea how the commonwealth system works, you just tried to prove your point with completely irrelevant information. If you honestly believe the media and the government of any country are being anti-gay to make people gay, you need to seriously reevaluate your perception of the world.

Years
  • Reverse psychology only really works if the target hates the initiator. To put this on a global scale, it would mean that the majority of people in a country would hate the government THAT THEY VOTED FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE! Also, I may have missed it in all the ramblings but I don't see what any government would gain from turning their populous homosexual through reverse psychology. Control? Turning people homosexual isn't going to magically make them obey you like sheep.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    But that is how marketing works. You do something and you do not know why you do it but deep down inside is that seed that was planted a long time ago and now it is taking root. Take the President elections.

We have Kernal Sanders, an extremely rich woman with many connections and have enough proof to be impeached from office, and a millionaire playing around with words and definitions like "I want my country/nation back" or "We are going to make America a great place again" which is wrongfully translated to "racism rules" and "lets bring back jim crow".

Ignoring the fact that you have no idea how the commonwealth system works, you just tried to prove your point with completely irrelevant information. If you honestly believe the media and the government of any country are being anti-gay to make people gay, you need to seriously reevaluate your perception of the world.

You see that is another beautiful thing about marketing. You can say or do one thing and then go the other way. Meaning creating non-heterosexuals is not the goal. It is a byproduct of another goal. The goal is to create people with those traits in order to initiate failure and favorable results for selfish reasons and we call those selfish reasons progress.

I am not saying not to make media featuring such ideas. I am saying to turn off the television and remove your children anything and everything that touches any aspect of the normality of non-heterosexual behavior.

Take the idea that women are equal. Yet I could bring a package and the only person to move my 200Lb package is a woman. You know how many times I went to my post office and watched a postal woman scream for a male employee to take my order??? I could be inside of a theater house and it takes two women to lift one stage light. However it could take one man to lift two or even four stage lights. However with that same idea I could create a man who barely uses his muscular abilties and claims he is unable to lift that one stage light alone. In college I have been to presentations where the speaker is a successful man in his field and yet he feels like some sorta current gen feminist that is the talk of the town. He literally feels he represents women, and not ( again not ) just that he stands for women.

My perception is this. It is not that the media is anti-heterosexual. My idea is the media markets any kind of idea even if it for or against the idea; in order to stir up public opinion. For example with electronic music ( like the ones in videogames and hits from the 1970's and 1990's ) the media would claim it is non-heterosexual activity. Then somebody at home who in takes this information and turn it into a conversation at work or when the family eats around the table. But it does not stop there it continues and continues in different forms until the original idea is removed and seen as the opposite. However it still is there.

I am not saying a person is wrong for there sexual orientation. I am not saying it is conspiracy. I am saying it is pure facts. Imagine if every single piece of media was really promoting non-heterosexual behavior at every angle. Maybe the excuse is that it was promoting god like behavior to create ideal adults. The result would be something close to that goal and people would evolve and create other ways to promote the initial goal even if it is completely invisible or forgotten.

Also gay means happy not what the media ( including textbooks ) claims it to be.

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Can two people of the gender make a baby without the need for miracle of medical science? You would need all kinds of extra equipment. Look two people a man and woman irregardless of age could make it in the wilderness more then two people of the same sex.
    The point that "wild animals and plants =/= nature" completely flew over your head. Nature is that which is bound by natural laws, meaning the laws of the universe. Which is EVERYTHING that exists, has ever existed, will ever happen, and has ever happened. NOTHING that falls outside of the laws of our universe can happen; ergo the word "nature" in and of itself is a completely bunk construct of the human imagination and its existence is redundant. EVERYTHING IS NATURE. EVERYTHING.

Making test tube babies? Still natural. The equipment to do so is just reformed from natural materials, created by natural animals whose behaviors are all entirely natural as they are just electrical impulses passing through circuits made of common atoms. The stuff we build is just another natural phenomenon. Our behavior does not magically fall outside of nature somehow, nor do the things we make with the resources we find in/on our planet.

Also, irrelevant to the debate, but lol "irregardless". That ain't no word.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    Everything you posted has no logical stand point. Your making up nonsense with no logic.

Take two people of the same sex and drop them on an island. Eons will pass and you might find two skeletons and that is about it. In fact this is a true story. About a group of ship members who committed mutiny and sailed to an uncharted island. Hundreds of years passed and this island was finally discovered. It had people living on it and they were young.

Years

• So now we've gone from the media being used to turn everyone homosexual to the media being a bunch of trolls spouting literally anything they like just to get a reaction out of people....

While I do admit the media have a habit of overexagerating and twisting the truth on occasion to sell a story, the extent that you are implying here is a little hard to believe.

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Once again your reply, though a wild ride from start to finish, does not address my point at all. You are assailing straw men, lol.

At this point it's plain obvious this is a troll, which didn't really register in the lengthy reply. Poe's law at work there. I mean, sadly, that one was believable because there are genuinely people like that. This though screams troll.

inb4denialofbeingtroll

Last edited:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023

1. I know that non-heterosexual activity has gone on long before 1960. LGBT+ movement refers to the LGBT+ rights movement that was occurring in 1960. Do you not know the meaning of the word movement?

2. Except LGBT+ people are a minority? Most people identify as cisgendered heterosexual.

3. Why are you arguing about the origins of stereotyping? That wasn't even what my statement even meant. "prevalence of LGBT+ stereotypes" refers to portrayals in the media. No where in my statement do I connotate about the origins of stereotypes.

4. People have limits. If a celebrity you idolized jumped off a bridge, would you really do it? Just because people have a tendency to follow a trend and/or celebrity, doesn't mean they will mindlessly follow and copy them all the time. You are assuming that all people are stupid and can't think for themselves.

5. What? You didn't even address my point about the bury your gays trope.

6. Since when is love a mature theme? What makes it so that a love between a man and a woman is okay to show to children, but let's say love between two women is something that should be censored and hidden from children? If these two women were, let's say, having sex, then sure, an argument could be made to censor children from them because sexual activity is involved. But love in a pure, honest, and nonsexual form should be censored from children why? Love is NATURAL.

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    You know what many Jews do? They only watch 1920's and 1950's television. There is some television outside of that but otherwise they do not watch anything newer. In fact there entire religious structure is the community structure. The reason why you do not see an army of non-heterosexual Jews shaking things up is because they do not preach these ideas at all. They are clean of this problem AKA non-heterosexual activity. However for the gentile ( one soul AKA animal soul ) the problem is common because in most cases they do preach outside religion and keep up with trends.

I hate using that example but that is the source. People are preaching ( this whole entire conversation is preaching and teaching or installing ideas of non-heterosexual activity
    Your posts honestly sound like incoherent conspiracy theory babbling, so I'm assuming you're either a troll or just really gullible. But this quote just takes the cake. What "Jews" are you talking about? Where the heck did you hear this? Do you realize how overwhelmingly untrue it is on so many levels?

I'm Jewish, and I read this quote aloud to my Jewish family and we all had a good laugh. I'm not sure what rock you live under, but secular and even somewhat religious Jewish people have the same TV-viewing habits as anyone else. Some ultra-religious Jews might choose not to watch TV at all. But nobody chooses to only watch TV from certain eras.

Even aside from that...there are gay and bisexual Jews. I know this because I am friends with a ton of them. It's true that in traditional Judaism heterosexuality is the go-to, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Some branches of Judaism embrace that - a local synagogue has a lesbian rabbi. Many gay religious Orthodox Jews have also very publicly told their stories. So your example is 100% bull. I can't wait to tell all my Jewish friends about this post, though!

Also, honey? TV shows didn't exist in the 1920's. *mic drop*

~Psychic

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I sort of understand where Regal is coming from in regards to the media and the government of any country being anti-gay in order to make people gay, thanks to the villain's plot in Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, except replace homosexuality with war. In the game, the villain plans to use war not only as a business but to also end all wars, so he could restore the U.S. back to its former glory, by reverting everyone back into primal savages and kill each other for their own survival. In other words, natural selection. Going back to Regal's conspiracy theory, our government is purposefully trying to be anti-gay in hopes that their own citizens will turn themselves gays to help decrease human population (because they know their citizens will refuse to obey whatever laws they try to enforce, as that's the nature of every government). Unfortunately, the government fails to realize is that being gay isn't a choice, it's something you have to be born as.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • as someone who is attracted to members of the same sex (i'm pansexual, not gay, so i'm not gonna say i'm gay lol), i believe it's natural. there's just a part of me that tells me it is. i've felt the way i've felt for a long time now. to quote a really cheesy overdone pop song i was "born this way" lmao. and even if some scientific research came out that it was "unnatural" i wouldn't really give a damn tbh. i'm not gonna stop liking the people i like just because it's "unnatural" or "sinful" or whatever. i'm gonna do what i want to do because 1. it makes me happy and 2. suppressing it only makes me feel awful and hate myself as much as i already do (but that's entirely unrelated to my sexuality).

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    Listen all of this chatter is a waste of time on the topic at all. Money is out there to be made in your fields. Why not live the life instead of complaining about things that does not matter. If a grown person who is on there own away from there parents want to be non-heterosexual then let them be.

As long as they do not bring it to children's faces and make an entire career out of it.

I am done with this conversation it is not going to make you any money at all. Good day.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Honestly, why would it be. I take offense to anyone finding Homosexuality unnatural. And even if it was, it is made natural by all the people who are Gay, and the supporters of the Homosexuality

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Listen all of this chatter is a waste of time on the topic at all. Money is out there to be made in your fields. Why not live the life instead of complaining about things that does not matter. If a grown person who is on there own away from there parents want to be non-heterosexual then let them be.

As long as they do not bring it to children's faces and make an entire career out of it.

I am done with this conversation it is not going to make you any money at all. Good day.

Then why were you here? This conversation doesn't make you money either in this case and with your logic, you shouldn't be on this forum either. And being LGBT+ is NOT A CHOICE.

Anyways, being LGBT+ is natural. I find it absurd that people think otherwise. Love is love and one can't control who they will develop feelings for. Homosexuality/non-heterosexual behavior exists in animals too and if it is okay within the animal kingdom, why isn't it okay within human society? Humans were okay with it in the past and it makes me sad that people dismiss that.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I sort of understand where Regal is coming from in regards to the media and the government of any country being anti-gay in order to make people gay, thanks to the villain's plot in Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, except replace homosexuality with war. In the game, the villain plans to use war not only as a business but to also end all wars, so he could restore the U.S. back to its former glory, by reverting everyone back into primal savages and kill each other for their own survival. In other words, natural selection. Going back to Regal's conspiracy theory, our government is purposefully trying to be anti-gay in hopes that their own citizens will turn themselves gays to help decrease human population (because they know their citizens will refuse to obey whatever laws they try to enforce, as that's the nature of every government). Unfortunately, the government fails to realize is that being gay isn't a choice, it's something you have to be born as.
    I think those strategies are based on a flawed logic. That is, their tactics are founded on the basis that homosexuality is a choice, in which case (as far as I'm concerned) it isn't.

Back