• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Shift Gear the best setup move?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • While Shift Gear gets a shit distribution (Klinklang, Smeargle, Genesect) I seem to think it's the best move to set up with since it's so damn common in stabmons and BH iirc... what do you think?

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
    Years
  • I dunno, Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes are pretty solid, too... Unless you aren't strictly talking about turns 1 and 2. Otherwise, it's a really good move if you can predict a switch on their side. You get a free buff while they switch and they can't do a whole lot about it.

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer Selfdestruct as a setup. You wipe their (hopefully good) Pokemon off the map while losing a setup Spiker.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I like Swords Dance and don't think I've ever used Gear Shift? probably not. But you know what I like even more? Being so stupidly overleveled that I don't need to bother with setup or status moves. Because that's the best way to play the game.

I just got to 700 points, which was my goal for this contest. Seems fitting that my first and last posts should be shitposts.

Back