• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Is There A Food Chain In Pokemon World?

Abirama

Veteran Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    So recently, I was playing so many Pokemon games and watching the anime series. And suddenly I was thinking that is there a food chain in Pokemon world? In a real world, all animals need food to survive. There's an animal that eat grass (herbivore) and animal that eat other animal (carnivore). It's called food chain, and that is what make the world go round and keep the population of grass and plants.

The question is, does a pokemon eat each other pokemon? I mean there's got to be a pokemon that other pokemon, if not then what are they eat? Grass? Fruit? If that the case, then all of grass and fruit in pokemon world will gone... So what do you think?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Not sure how much it was mentioned in previous games but Sun/Moon have various entries that refer to the predatory nature/food chain of different pokemon. The obvious one being that Mareanie considering Corsola a five-star banquet or something to that effect. A few others off the top of my head are Mandibuzz feeding on Cubone, and Weavile feeding on Vulpix/Sandshrew.

Last edited:

Lobotronix

mhm!
    Years
    Swellows eat Wurmples.
    There are some predator-prey relationships mentioned in the Pokedex (see previous post) but they definitely didn't put enough thought into it for there to be a complete ecosystem that would actually work.

Back