• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Items you didn't know about?

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    O_O I'm no noob when it comes to pokemon.....(looks around) but I just discovered a thing called pp max and I'm pretty sure I can put two and two together and realize what it does but in all of my experience of playing pokemon: red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, didn't play crystal, ruby, sapphire, emerald, diamond, pearl, platinum, heartgold, soulsilver, black and white not to mention XD gale of darkness, explorers of darkness, time, and sky, rumble, ranch, PBR.......(exhales). What games does this wonderful item exist in? I'm currently playing emerald where I happen to stumble upon one. Am I the only one who didn't know about this or does it only pertain to certain generations?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Hmm, instead of making this about just the PP Max, I'll edit the title so that it can apply to all items.

In Sapphire, I thought there was no Master Ball because I never got one. Come to find out, it was in the Team Aqua Hideout. RSE are the first and only games to have you actually FIND the Master Ball. It's not even given to you. So this one's more game specific than series specific, but yeah. I was mad when I found out I'd missed it. lol

Years

In Sapphire, I thought there was no Master Ball because I never got one. Come to find out, it was in the Team Aqua Hideout. RSE are the first and only games to have you actually FIND the Master Ball. It's not even given to you. So this one's more game specific than series specific, but yeah. I was mad when I found out I'd missed it. lol

Yeah, I had trouble finding the masterball in Hoenn also. I never got it in Sapphire or Ruby, but then found it in Emerald lmao.

Cant think of any thing else besides that.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Like Sydian, I never knew the Master Ball existed in Gen III. Guess it turned out to be in the Aqua hideout and I missed my chance to get it when the entrance got blocked.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    I didn't know the lucky egg existed until Gen V, even though it apparently was present in I

I think Gen V was also the first generation I found the PP max in, even though I later found several of them in Gen III and IV. Not near as many as V though

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The Lucky Egg wasn't around in Gen II, actually. :( Gen I had Exp. All though. Which, kind of related to this, I thought was odd that it wasn't in later games lol. But I didn't like the Exp. All and much preferred the Share.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    The Lucky Egg wasn't around in Gen II, actually. :( Gen I had Exp. All though. Which, kind of related to this, I thought was odd that it wasn't in later games lol. But I didn't like the Exp. All and much preferred the Share.

there is an experience all? in what gen?

EDIT: Sorry I ran past it when I read it the first time. Gen 1 huh? Was it only in gen 1?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

there is an experience all? in what gen?

EDIT: Sorry I ran past it when I read it the first time. Gen 1 huh? Was it only in gen 1?

Ya it only existed in Gen 1 and was replaced by the Share in Gen 2.

Unfortunately there wasn't a single item I didn't know about cause I did research as I played.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Gen 2's Berserk Gene. I'd played through GSC countless times before I stumbled over it. Which is understandable I guess; it's a hidden item in the water around where Cerulean Cave used to be. I think an NPC mentions their Itemfinder going off? But yeah, that's the most obscure item I've ever discovered.

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
    The Macho Brace. Back then, I didn't realize the importance of EV training and the big help Macho Brace gives.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years

Oh, I thought Chanseys held them for some reason. Well then it's a good thing I didn't try to find one then! LOL it was bad enough finding a Chansey with the 1% chance enounter, let alone finding one that that would have held an item LOL

Years
    I didn't know about a lot of the items in Gen II that you could get by trading Gen I Pokemon over, such as the Brick Piece or the Gold Leaf, until I got a strategy guide. I'm pretty sure you couldn't find them any other way.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Oh, I thought Chanseys held them for some reason. Well then it's a good thing I didn't try to find one then! LOL it was bad enough finding a Chansey with the 1% chance enounter, let alone finding one that that would have held an item LOL

Chansey in Gen 2 had its other Signature Item, Lucky Punch.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Eviolite, Choice Band, Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, basically anything competitive I didn't really know about. XD; I remember like, the thread about eviolite once and all I thought was it didn't really do much and forgot about it THEN I sorta re-learnt during competitive. XD;

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    There are a couple items in GSC that I didn't know about, I'm guessing they are either rare, or removed. Here are some links. I ran across them on the Serebii.

A Silver Leaf that you apparently get when you trade certain Pokemon over from 1st Gen to 2nd Gen.
    There is also a Gold Leaf that you can get under the same conditions.

For the Silver Leaf, you need to trade over Tentacruel, Rapidash, Magneton, Electrode, Kingler, Seaking, Rhydon or Weezing.

For the Gold Leaf, you need to trade over Raichu, Parasect, Venomoth, Golduck, Primeape, Slowbro, Dewgong, Muk, Hypno, Marowak, or Seadra.

Brick Piece
    Gorgeous Box
    Normal Box
    Silver Leaf
    Gold Leaf

Please tell me if I have to remove the links, and I gladly will.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    There are a few items I've never knew about. Like the Berserk Gene, I was looking at the items on Bulbapedia and it mentioned it, I was like what. Also some of the items introduced in 4th Gen like the Destiny Knot, and the weather rocks. I learn about them until I learnt to battle competitively.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I didn't know what a Lucky Egg was until Gen V.I didn't know the Air Balloon existed until a few weeks ago.

Back