• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] I've found my childhood cards...

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2023
    Clearing out an old grandparents house has paid off it seems. I have located all of my TCG Pokémon cards from 1999.

Given I am so far out of the loop, and google is the standard minefield, I was hoping someone in this community might be able to assist.
    I have the following sets - all complete and placed into a binder from being pulled (I have my uncle to thank for that) so are un-played with.
    Basic set - all unlimited cards (no 1st editions except for Machamp) and none appear shadowless
    Jungle set - all unlimited cards (no 1st editions)
    Fossil Set - all unlimited cards (no 1st edition)
    Rocket set - all unlimited (no 1st edition cards)
    Gym Leader Set - all unlimited

I am looking at a ball park figure of what these would be worth as sets. I know conditions of specific cards (charazard etc) have an impact on this so will just be ion unrated cards.

Also looking for assistance on which cards from the sets would be worth considering for PSA grading.

TIA

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    No experience with whole sets, but I suggest looking up the holos on PriceCharting. They average out the prices of items that have actually sold in recent months, with categories for graded and ungraded.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Im in the exact same boat ive found my old childhood cards and was never a massive fan of pokemon but 20-25 years later my 11 year old son is nagging me to have them checked. And exactly as youve said on your post google is a minefield and i dont have the slightest clue where to start. Did you manage to find any info?

Back