• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    This shall be replacing the watched/read last thread.

The thread is kind of self-explanitory, but here's your information table
    1. This is a general discussion thread for anime, manga, tokusatsu, and J-drama.
    2. All J-E Rules still apply.
    3. Try and keep discussion about certain series in their respective threads if they have one.
    4. Upcoming anime discussion goes here.
    5. Spoilers...Spoilers are fun, spoilers are delicious. Spoilers should be put in
      Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    So let's start this conversation with the new season and thoughts of it since it's already started :p

/in before netto

Also, Yamada beat Tenshi in the Saimoe Tournament!

Years
    IMMA GOING TO POST HERE FIRST AND SAYING THAT I LIEK HETALIA AND STUFFZ.

On the more serious side I still need to finish reading D.Gray Man.

Plus I started reading this weird manga called Parasyte. Scary stuff.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Nice thread.

I never read D. Gray Man, but I watched the anime, almost. It was too long for me, so I took a break from it, and hopefully, will pick it up again someday.

I am currently reading Bakuman, and will watch the anime once its subbed, presumably tomorrow.

I heard of Parasyte. Isn't it like from the 90s?

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Watched one episode of D. Gray Man and wasn't interested. I don't know why though, D. Gray Man has great reviews.

Weird manga I last read was Mirai Nikki, wtf, everyone keeps dying there. But good stuff.

But the last weird anime I watched was Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt and MM!, talk about weird series.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I like this a lot better than the other thread, good work whoever suggested it.

Anyway, promising start to the season. Sora no Otoshimono: Forte, MM! and Pokemon Best Wishes have already kicked off with good episodes.

I'm most eagerly awaiting Shinrei Tantei Yakumo as it's manga counterpart is one of my all time favourites. Yakumo Saitou is a badass.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai is another that might be ok although i haven't really read up on it at all.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    But the last weird anime I watched was Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt and MM!, talk about weird series.

Haha. I watched that as well. Some actually liked it, though it wasn't that bad, it was too weird for me.

MM! was exceptionally great, and Iron Man sucked. I am really waiting for Psychic Detective Yakumo and Bakuman. Some others too.

Years
    How the heck did I miss this thread?

Plus I started reading this weird manga called Parasyte. Scary stuff.
    Ah, yes, I actually read Parasyte a few months back. Pretty interesting stuff, though I got involved with other stuff and forgot to continue reading it.

Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge starts tomorrow, and I am seriously anticipating it. The first season surprised me and managed to climb its way to my top 5; I hope this season won't disappoint. More Nino would be appreciated.

Years
    I heard of Parasyte. Isn't it like from the 90s?

Yes, the art style is also 90's like :P

Ah, yes, I actually read Parasyte a few months back. Pretty interesting stuff, though I got involved with other stuff and forgot to continue reading it.

Well, I have a ton of other manga to read plus school so yeah...

Anyways I am also keeping up with Bleach and Fairy Tail. :3

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I got lost in Bleach :( I don't know where I reached exactly, and I really do not want to repeat any episodes I might have missed.

Some of my friends recommended I watch FT. It looks promising, considering the good reviews on MAL and the amount of episodes so far.

I want to watch Clannad, but from the reactions, feelings people have when finishing it, I am not so sure anymore.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I don't have the patience to keep up with those longer series, lol.

Anyway, I'm currently catching up on series that I had previously dropped due to a dwindling DVD budget. Right now it's the second season of Ah My Goddess, which Funimation has streaming (and I've watched) up to episode 19. The remainder of the season should be up within the next one to two updates on Funi's site.

Years
    The only long series I'd consider keeping up with is probably Fairy Tail, though I'm already too far behind on that one too. I

I want to watch Clannad, but from the reactions, feelings people have when finishing it, I am not so sure anymore.
    Feelings? What kind of feelings? I'm curious. It's a pretty depressing show towards the end for sure, though it's a drama afterall.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Sad ones. If you did watch it, wouldn't you say so? All my friends practically cried. So, yeah, THOSE after feelings or whatever.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I cried a couple of times during the After Story. Still my my favourite anime of all time. Honestly it's worth the feeling a little down to see such a great story.

I'm up to date in the Bleach anime but it's annoying me a bit as each episode has so little content. I'm pretty sure i'll switch to the manga before long.

Fairy tail looks ok, i'm watching too much at the minute so it will probably be one i go to later on.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I watched like the first 14 episodes of Fairy Tail in anime club during the last semester, but I haven't had the time to continue it since. Bleach has been an on and off thing, basically whenever I manage to catch it on Adult Swim.

There are some shorter series that I want to watch first before committing myself to a longer-running one.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I have never been a fan of the mainstreams, to be honest; too many fillers. I like anime that run for 24 to 26 episodes, and that's it. A second season of the same length is bearable, but nothing more really. Though I am starting to like Fairy Tail a lot nowadays.

Last edited:
    Years
    Sad ones. If you did watch it, wouldn't you say so? All my friends practically cried. So, yeah, THOSE after feelings or whatever.
    Like Lapras above, there were several moments in Clannad that got to me as well; however, I wouldn't say it was a negative experience by any means. I think if a story can be gripping enough to get people to feel strongly about it, then it's doing something right.

I usually cap the shows I'd like to watch at about 30 episodes or less, unless it's separated into seasons that can be finished one at a time without feeling disrupted (ex. Full Metal Panic, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei). I occasionally make exceptions for things that get unusually great reviews, though.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I might try it out, eventually, when I finish watching the Summer anime I missed or continue the ones I dropped. :\

I need to go now. Have a nice day/night, everyone. Take care.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    AM I THE ONLY ONE EXCITED FOR OREIMO

Anyway, I'm not even closed to finished with all the crap I started for Summer 2010 so I don't real know how many series I want to start. I'll probably end up dropping HOTD. lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back