• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Jackbox games

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
  • Jackbox games
    Welcome, welcome to the Get Together's Official Jackbox Event! Starting at October 10th, I will ping those who want to join and once a fair number of people show up, I will stream a Jackbox game via discord! In events when I'm not streaming, Count Dracularc will host some rounds in my place.
    Fafrir hosting
    15th October @ 12PM EST
    21st October @ 5PM EST

Aaron hosting
    10th October @ 5PM EST
    12th October @ 5PM EST
    15th October @ 1PM EST (an optional one)
    16th October @ 2PM EST
    17th October @ 5PM EST
    19th October @ 5PM EST
    22nd October @ 2PM EST
    23rd October @ 2PM EST

But, what is Jackbox you may ask?
    Jackbox is a party game with a huge variety of games you can play without using a controller nor buying the game! Simply go to jackbox.tv using your computer, smart phone, or tablet, type in the room code shown on the screen, and give yourself a name no longer than 12 characters (ideal if you use your own name and to keep it appropriate). While there will be voice chat, you do not need to talk to participate and have fun!

The rules are basically follow all PokeCommunity rules and no collaborating with your team during this event.

How will the points be awarded?
    Your team will be awarded 5 points for participation! We are also switching up how points are awarded too. First, we have achievements that can be completed only once during the GT event.

Achievements:
    - Back from the dead - As a dead player, catch up to the living player in the finals of Trivia Murder Party - 20 Points
    - FLAWLESS VICTORY - Have your champions win every round of Champ'd Up - 20 Points
    - Right Down the Middle - Split the room 50/50 2+ times in Split the Room - 10 Points
    - Picasso - Have no one guess what your drawing prompt was, in a round of Drawful - 5 Points
    - S T O N K S - Have one of your products in Patently Stupid get all the max funds (except yours). - 10 Points
    - Everyone Loves Me - Always get a match every night in Monster Seeking Monster - 10 Points
    - Comedy Gold - Earn a Quiplash every round. - 20 Points
    - All By Myself - Get ignored in Monster Seeking Monster 2+ times in a row - 5 Points

And then we have first place and team bonuses, for winning you will gain 5 points and your team will gain 20 points if your teams wins the most games per session.

Have fun!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks faf-friend <3

So yeah, we had a little chat and thought to properly organise this and change it a little. The event is somewhat a staple now and would be good to make things run a little smoother as a result/upate it to fit in with other events. Will try to break down the event in sections and offer my suggestions so we can get something finalised.

Schedule

So Faf has already penned down at most:
    • Fridays and Saturdays (I believe the timezone is 2/3 hours behind EST tops)
    • 2 sessions max
    • 2-3 hours maximum
    And I can do:
    • Every other evening (6PM EST - 8PM EST weekdays and Sundays, 6PM EST - 11PM EST Fridays & Saturdays)
    • However many sessions within the timeframe
    • 3 hours maximum
    Based on this I think we could maybe look at alternating days (for the weekdays I think if I start on Monday, that means I can do Mon/Weds/Fri/Sun and then Faf you can do the Fri/Sat) to give us a break and also not to swamp the days and allow other events to exist too! To prevent some form of burnout I may do shorter sessions.

As Faf's sessions could be longer, perhaps we can make those the like end of week "specials", which I'll go into more detail about below.

So normally we've done 5 points per winner, as it's mostly just short sessions of fun in our eyes. However after seeing how people enjoy it and such, I thought we could maybe look at a more complex structure this year. So firstly, I think we could maybe look at something like this:
    • Particpation points - 15 points per session
    • 1st place bonus - 5 points per player
    • Team bonus (for the team that gets the most 1st places altogether in a session) - 20 points for the team
    It's a significant boost but I don't think one that really is going to somewhat bust our point banks. Maximum number of players is 8 and normally 4/5 games in, so if a session consisted of one team the whole tiem (rarely happens) then it would be 120 points for participation, 25 points for 1st places and 20 points for the bonus, meaning 165 points in total (and in a way deserved if NO ONE from the other team decides to show up!).

That said, as Faf's sessions will be longer, I was thinking we could perhaps double maybe the 1st place player bonus or the team bonus for those sessions?

What to play?

This was something we somewhat discussed - I think it would be good to actually come up with a list of games to play, rather than fumbling at the beginning and spending 10 minutes fighting with everyone trying to play something. I'll put some games I'd be happy to see there, Faf if you want to do the same that would be SUPER.

Games List:
    • Quiplash 3
    • Trivia Murder Party (the newest one)
    • Monster Seeking Monster (maybe for longer sessions)
    • Champ'd Up
    • Drawful
    • Survive the Internet
    • Split the Room

Achievements

I feel we could go on and on and on with this, but will try to keep a short list! I'll throw some ideas in here, I know Faffy you mentioned some stuff too. My only question is, do we allow this multiple times a player, or should it be once you've earned it you can't again? I'll pop my ideas below.

Back from the dead - As a dead player, catch up to the living player in the finals of Trivia Murder Party
    FLAWLESS VICTORY - Have your champions win every round of Champ'd Up
    Right Down the Middle - Split the room 50/50 2+ times in Split the Room
    Picasso - Have no one guess what your drawing prompt was, in a round of Drawful

Years
  • 165 points per session is a lot of points. Remember that we don't want people to feel like the daily events invalidate the effort that goes into longform games.

Years
  • That is true... what about lowering it to the standard 5 points participation in that case?

Using the example above, that means it'll be a MAXIMUM of 40 points for participation + 25 for 1st place bonuses + 20 points team bonus totalling 85 points if every player was on one team, but if we average it to say 4 on each (which normally happens more often that not) then it's 20 + 10/15 + 20, so aroundsay 45-55 points a session for a team.

Years
  • That is true... what about lowering it to the standard 5 points participation in that case?

Using the example above, that means it'll be a MAXIMUM of 40 points for participation + 25 for 1st place bonuses + 20 points team bonus totalling 85 points if every player was on one team, but if we average it to say 4 on each (which normally happens more often that not) then it's 20 + 10/15 + 20, so aroundsay 45-55 points a session for a team.

That works for me.

faf

Years
  • So I have a little more time now that I've completed most of my assignments.

To clarify, my timezone is 1-2 hrs before EST and rn it's 2 hours behind. I heard 3D modelling (one of my next classes in the term) will be brutal but I'm still willing to sneak in some sessions.

The games I'm planning on doing are:
    Monster Seeking Monster (I think my only concern not hosting this before are alliances but I feel I can trust PC's integrity)
    Trivia Murder Party 2
    Mad Verse City
    Tee KO (I heard the servers were iffy and if so I'll axe it)
    Patently Stupid
    Civic Doodle
    Champed Up

I feel all these games will last a while and will fit into the longer session mold. I think 3-4 games max per session works for me.

I do not own 8 unfortunately but it's fine.

As for Achievements, here's some ideas I've come up with on the fly:
    S T O N K S - Have one of your products in Patently Stupid get all the max funds (except yours).
    Everyone Loves Me - Always get a match every night in Monster Seeking Monster (cannot be with the same person in a row). (this might foil one of the roles where it's required to get matched twice tho)
    Colours of the Wind - Use all the colours in your drawing in Tee KO and have that drawing win the final tournament. (this might be easy to get if we actually do this, lbr)
    Comedy Gold - Earn a Quiplash every round.
    All By Myself - Get ignored in Monster Seeking Monster 2+ times in a row.

EDIT: MISSED THIS BUT:
    My only question is, do we allow this multiple times a player, or should it be once you've earned it you can't again?
    I think it's easier and better as a one and done thing. Getting multiple might be broken as well as easier to keep track of points.

Will probs think of more and come up with a mini schedule of my sessions tho!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Tee KO's servers are abysmal and have caused us trouble every time we've tried it so I'd definitely axe it. I think I'm okay on the achievements but will wait for Aaron to weigh in.

faf

Years
  • Considering the other games I'm hosting, I'll axe it! It's such a shame about the servers tho because Tee KO is one of my favourites. :[

faf

Years
  • double posting because i'm a rebel seeing posts asking about discord.

fafrir 🐉#0560 is my discord and pc nickname is Hati Hróðvitnisson 🐺🌙

Years
  • Considering the other games I'm hosting, I'll axe it! It's such a shame about the servers tho because Tee KO is one of my favourites. :[

Love the achievement list and happy with them, I agree that it should be a one-off thing to try and spice up the competition but also to not completely overload points too!

faf

Years
  • Got extremely busy with assignments, srry.
    I can prolly host Saturday the 15th at 12pm EST and possibly Friday the 21st 5PM EST (might be a little later tho). Depending on my workload (it's looking like a fair bit and I'm already slowly falling behind), I might have to host only one of these events.

Day 1:
    Monster Seeking Monster
    Patently Stupid
    Mad Verse City

Day 2 (maybe):
    Champ'd Up!
    Trivia Murder Party 2
    Monster Seeking Monster

Sound like a plan?

Years
  • Got extremely busy with assignments, srry.
    I can prolly host Saturday the 15th at 12pm EST and possibly Friday the 21st 5PM EST (might be a little later tho). Depending on my workload (it's looking like a fair bit and I'm already slowly falling behind), I might have to host only one of these events.

Day 1:
    Monster Seeking Monster
    Patently Stupid
    Mad Verse City

Day 2 (maybe):
    Champ'd Up!
    Trivia Murder Party 2
    Monster Seeking Monster

Sound like a plan?

Sounds good to me! I'll get loads of smaller games in and I could also maybe latch onto your sessions :)

Back