• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jeez, you suck man

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Ever have those days where you swear you're good at a game, say Street Fighter or Mario, but then you decide to have a game session and end up playing horribly. Either not feeling too well that day or maybe the hands are just cramped. Like today, I decided to practice a little in Street Fighter and my thumb could just not get down the 2x quarter circle command right, yet I always managed to pull it off every other day I play the game.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I don't play many fighting games, but when I do I suck. I'm alright playing by myself and I think I do pretty alright but then I bring the friends over and then I get rekt because everyone knows all these hidden secret combos that kill you in one combo.

Years
    I used to be amazing at New Super Mario Bros, but when I've played it recently, my gameplay has been very noobish.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I get you guys very well lol. I guess it's just one of those off days. I actually managed to pull off the combo correctly in Street Fighter! Turns out I kept pressing the trigger button too fast after the quarter circle command. I guess it was my brain that fried on me and not my hands lol.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

This happens to me in Fifa all the time. One day I'll beat all my friends easily, the next I'll be on the receiving end of a 5-0 defeat. It's super frustrating how inconsistent I am at games like Fifa.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    It's usually more like I'm out of practice or something, like if I haven't played a game in a long time I'll have forgotten the controls and what button does what. Just takes a while to get back into it, usually. Or sometimes, when it's been too long I just forget the rules entirely - like yesterday when I tried to do the Papers, Please challenge, I really sucked because there's a ton of stuff to remember; it's not really a game you can pick up and relearn in a few minutes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    While playing games relating to adventure, role-playing, and other things of the like, I usually don't feel this way, as they have more of a laid-back atmosphere than anything, and don't put too much pressure on your mind. When going through games such as shooters, however, it's a completely different story.

When I play first-person shooter video games, I like to believe that I'm required to stay alert of my surroundings, and always know what I'm doing or about to. From time to time, I wind up not putting enough focus, which leads me to getting myself killed by opponents. I sort of have tendency to follow it up with frustration, which pushes me towards even more bad results.

Days that I do feel like this, I usually find myself stopping after a while, and start playing something else. If upset by games, I definitely know I'm not enjoying myself, so keeping it up would honestly do little to no good, haha.

TY

Had this on several occasions in StarCraft II, where I go just full bronze leaguer and forget basic things which end up in me getting roflstomped :(

Yukari

This happens to me... Never. No matter how many times I quit playing Megaman X I can always go back and beat it without dying.

Rellek

Believe
    Years
    I do this all the time in Smash Bros. I play at school with friends and holy cow one day I'll just flop and they'll be like "You ok bro?". I usually win but I get last all the time. It definitely happens.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    This actually happened to me yesterday when I played The Binding of Isaac, a game that I am very confident of my abilities in, and I actually died on The Basement 1. -_- I was very disappointed in myself for that. The probable reason for this failure was a duplicate boss, which is a boss enemy that has a pallet swap and altered behavior. There is a variant of the Duke of Flies which spits out double flies, two flies jammed together that split when you kill them, becoming 2 regular flies. The repeated summoning of new flies every few seconds becomes pretty overwhelming, but come on I've been playing this game for a year and a half I should be able to handle it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Rhythm games
    Fighting games
    Sports games

If I stop for a while, I return in half of my power at best =D

(On the other hand, I'm better at Catherine each time I return after a big delay... lol)

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Sure -- everyone has their off days. =] Sometimes I forget little (or even big) things about games entirely if I haven't played it in awhile.

Though I don't play many multiplayer/co-op games, so there's not often witnesses when I'm trying to get the hang of something again, haha.

Like when I played Paper Mario after not doing it for I don't know how long. Those timed button presses can really make a difference....

Ohman. Now that is something I don't think I could ever forget! Especially since, if memory serves, there were quite a few older RPGs that would let you block or do more damage if you pressed the 'action' button at the right moment in their attack animation. Digimon World 3 is the only one that comes to mind, but I'm sure there were more.

Years
    With mario games on I just go through like NSMBDS and the on nsmb2 I die 5 times a level partially because I kill myself upon missing a star coin.
    I also have had on the smash bros demo where I was oening lv 9 cpus and then on other matches I accidentally jump off the ledge and use a taunt or upNormal.
    And then there's fire emblem where one moment I'm speed running and the next moment everyone dies (although sometimes it's RNG screwage, especially in fe6).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Everyday is my off day. I love playing and collecting games, but that doesn't mean I'm good at them! I mean, I might could beat you at a combo contest in Mother 3 and get 16 hits on Strong One, but I won't beat you at Baby Park on Mario Kart. Or any track on Mario Kart. lol

Back