• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just bought an Original Charizard for...

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    $42.45 including postage. And yet I see people wanting $300 or $800 + dollars for theirs?. Am i missing something as to why this Charizard I bought isn't any different?

I get it now, the expensive one's are first edition charizards.

I'm not sure if i got a good deal or i paid too much. The card is allegedly in near mint condition.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You are definitely missing something. If you notice, those vastly higher priced ones usually have a "PSA 10" or "PSA 9" in their listing title indicating that they've been graded for quality by the agency that does PSA grading: https://www.psacard.com/ .

There are other grading agencies, but the only two I know of are Beckett and the aforementioned PSA group.

Are we talking Australian dollars here for what you're paying? I am not particularly good with converting prices to the Aussie dollar, because figuring out appropriate ranges in my own currency takes plenty of time as it is.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Oh sorry, Yes It's Aussie Dollars.

I am unaware of a Psa Grading agency within Australia and although it may be worthwhile to ship it overseas though I wouldn't sell it yet.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2012
    Sorry to disappoint you ftp44 but I have sold near mint Charizards for around £10-£15 maximum, I also have noticed how much people overcharge for those cards and people actually buy them!

I watched a PSA 9 which is near mint go for around £1000! Daylight robbery!

Years
  • Sorry to disappoint you ftp44 but I have sold near mint Charizards for around £10-£15 maximum, I also have noticed how much people overcharge for those cards and people actually buy them!

I watched a PSA 9 which is near mint go for around £1000! Daylight robbery!

That's actually about the general price range they go for here in the States, after having done a currency conversion.

You'd be surprised what a PSA grading is really worth to some collectors. And what version of Charizard was it? The first edition one?

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2012
    Just the original Base Charizard, I had sold a mint condition 1st Edition one for around £35 though and it had literally had no scratches on it! Was so disappointed

IdsMow

LongTime Master
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    I thinking grading takes something away form the game, the cards are becoming nothing more then glorafide bank notes at this rate.

The only thing to bare in mine for the original set is "shadowless", simply put the very first relice had no shadow to the box around the character image, then they redesigned it to include one.

Ow and miss prints are valabue...aparently, I just find them entertaning.
    At any rate I would have thort that you could get a charazard for around $25 if you look around and grab the bargins.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I got given a nearly mint (well, I think it's perfect, but apparently there are a few imperfections on it) original Charizard card in a nightclub for free once o_O the guy just knew I liked Pokémon and knew I never had one when I was younger and... yeah.

I don't think I'd ever sell it though. Unless, y'know, I seriously needed the money.

Back