• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Kinyo: a new region, a new journey [M]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Just a quick NPC sheet for the Professor's assistant.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    Name: Gonta Cherri AKA Bug Girl, Dirty Bug.

Appearance:

History: Gonta was born in Alola, specifically Ula'ula Island. She moved because of a incident that resulted in her relocation. She liked exploring the forest, she would get in trouble for not telling people about her going, And she found a Bewear and Stufful, who she named them Fluff and Plush, who played a massive part in the incident. Team Skull hurt Plush, and Fluff retaliated. They were near her house and it ended up getting destroyed. Gonta doesn't blame them, But fully blames Team Skull.

Interests/Aspirations/Motives: Gonta wants to be a Gym leader, for bug types, to help protect people and they're pokemon with authority. She also wants to go back to her home island to bring Plush and Fluff here, so they can be friends again.

Personality: Gonta is a introvert when it comes to people, perfering talking to pokemon. Shes a light hearted person who doesn't like seeing people or pokemon suffer if they don't deserve it in her eyes. Shes really athletic, likes to climb trees, and has a Affinity for bug type pokemon. She likes to mimic bug type pokemon's movement patterns for fun. She often gets pointed out by High-class people and trainers for her "Wild and Unkempt" hair. She often follows her instincts on a whim. She talks normally, until the topic of bug types comes into conversation. Then she starts talking in third person more often. She has a blazing anger to people who hurt or abandon pokemon.

Partner Pokemon: Sewaddle
    Nickname: Dewdrop
    Moveset: Tackle, String Shot, Silver Wind (Egg Move),

Attachments

• Kinyo: a new region, a new journey [M]
      20191209_102814.png
      114.2 KB · Views: 10

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Name: Gonta Cherri AKA Bug Girl, Dirty Bug.
    Hi and welcome to PC! I'm glad you're interested in roleplaying with us~ Your character is intriguing!

Things I like:
    - Bug-type specialty! It's not very common to see someone go for that.
    - Her focus on becoming a gym leader! Pokémon training is dying out in Kinyo; her determination to become a gym leader may also help in revitalizing interest in training as a whole. That'd be the goal, anyway, otherwise there'd be no reason for gyms anymore.
    - Oh man, she seems a bit chaotic and I like chaos.

I do have a few questions.
    - Her backstory seems to be very Alola-heavy; will that take away from the story we are experiencing in Kinyo?
    - Why does she want to become a gym leader rather than a Kahuna or Trial Captain?
    - Knowing that training is dying out in Kinyo, why does she want to stay here?

Since you're a new member, I'd like to see a roleplay or writing sample from you as well! Maybe a few paragraphs taking place on Day 1 of Gonta's journey, just to show us a little bit more about what to expect from her?

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    Hi and welcome to PC! I'm glad you're interested in roleplaying with us~ Your character is intriguing!

Things I like:
    - Bug-type specialty! It's not very common to see someone go for that.
    - Her focus on becoming a gym leader! Pokémon training is dying out in Kinyo; her determination to become a gym leader may also help in revitalizing interest in training as a whole. That'd be the goal, anyway, otherwise there'd be no reason for gyms anymore.
    - Oh man, she seems a bit chaotic and I like chaos.

I do have a few questions.
    - Her backstory seems to be very Alola-heavy; will that take away from the story we are experiencing in Kinyo?
    - Why does she want to become a gym leader rather than a Kahuna or Trial Captain?
    - Knowing that training is dying out in Kinyo, why does she want to stay here?

Since you're a new member, I'd like to see a roleplay or writing sample from you as well! Maybe a few paragraphs taking place on Day 1 of Gonta's journey, just to show us a little bit more about what to expect from her?

Well It shouldn't effect the story, at least, I dont think so.

She wanted to be a trial Captian, but she doesn't know if/when she would go back to Alola, so she's adapting like a pokemon to its surroundings.

She wants to be there, because of it being a new region, New people to meet, New forest to explore.

: )

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Well It shouldn't effect the story, at least, I dont think so.

She wanted to be a trial Captian, but she doesn't know if/when she would go back to Alola, so she's adapting like a pokemon to its surroundings.

She wants to be there, because of it being a new region, New people to meet, New forest to explore.

: )
    Seems solid! Just hit me with a writing sample~

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • I'm going to make Arthur came really early in the morning so, I'm not going to do the fossil quest. Anyhow, I'm picking dive bar number 1

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm going to make Arthur came really early in the morning so, I'm not going to do the fossil quest. Anyhow, I'm picking dive bar number 1

you can do fossils on day 4 as well, before or after battling deidre! everyone will be leaving akurnai morning of day 5.

Years
  • Edison will be digging for fossils. Let's see... he visited the lab at about 8 a.m., so he'll arrive on the beach around 8:30 or 9, dig for a bit, probably have lunch... I'll say 4 hours of digging, one Pokemon encounter on his lunch break, then leave for Akurnai city by 2 p.m. That should put him in the city by 4 p.m., so he'll visit dive bar #1.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • So after a ton of deliberation, Arthur is going to dig fossil as soon as he could (Not that he intended to, it's all thanks to the Sales Kid.) So he'll be there from 7:30, he'll be there until 10:30 after interruptions from the Ruin Maniac and Wingull he eventually catches.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Right, let's go into detail about Carmelion and Akurnai.

It takes two to three hours to walk from the edge of Nashimity to the edge of Akurnai.

You all leave Nashimity on Day 3. The Krabby migration prevents you from doing so before then.

You must be in Akurnai by 5pm on Day 3 to witness the event.

Ice Cream Truck Hours: 9am-6pm.

NYTLS Hours: 8am-12:30pm / 1pm-5pm.

NYTLS I: You may do this on Day 3 or Day 4. You may only do this once. You must do all your digging in one chunk; you can not come back to it later. You may pause for short things such as battles or conversations. You may dig up to five fossils. Your fossil finds are randomized. Ask a GM to roll them for you by saying "Fossil x#" in #pkmn-requests. You may give any that you do not want to the child.

NYTLS II: You may only do this directly after NYTLS I. The selection is dependant on other players who have turned in unwanted fossils. You will have access to any fossil that was discarded before your character returns their tools. Anna will be keeping inventory and timeline. You may only do this exchange one time.

Where's Deidre?: All three bars need to be checked. If everyone responds, but not all numbers are taken, someone will be randomly assigned to do this task. Details about the bars will be given out as soon as all cast members have confirmed their interest+number choice or disinterest in the task.

VS Deidre: I kind of want to battle you all on Showdown! You don't have to, but it might be easier to scale Deidre's levels and give a fair battle that way. Unlike last time, the Showdown battle doesn't have to be an exact script. You can use it loosely, or not use it at all. You will have to adhere to her given Pokémon and movesets, though. Deidre's Pokémon and movesets will be set and stuck into her profile when we post that.

You might lose to Deidre. That's okay, but you'll have to wait until you get to Vinylace City to challenge her again.

MONEY
    Your character started out with "enough" money. It is assumed they earn, lose, and spend money along the way. However, if they are not frugal, they could be put into a difficult situation. GMs may decide to give a consequence to those using their money unwisely. Use these points as you will in regards to plot.

REQUESTS & GUARANTEES
    You each are allowed to request up to two Pokémon to be included somewhere in the RP. After they are requested, they will show up in a future location.

You each are allowed to guarantee your character up to two captures. A guarantee can be used on any Pokémon listed in an area's table. You must choose to use your guarantee before asking for any rolls or scans. You will receive the Pokémon at one level lower than the lowest level given in the table. You will not be allowed to request any rolls or scans for the area. You will be prevented from encountering any other wild Pokémon for that area, even for battling.

KINYO TRAINERS
    Given the status of Pokémon training in Kinyo, licensed trainers are usually older than 22. 98% of those people either use their Pokémon in a professional capacity or keep them primarily as pets. People who are interested in competition have moved elsewhere. You may be able to convince people to battle you, but keep in mind that a character's profession and the way their Pokémon are used will affect their movesets and strategies. Anna is always available to bounce ideas off of!

From the next location onward, a new quest-claiming system will be put into place. Details to follow later.

Any other questions I should address?

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years
  • I'm planning to dig for fossils in the morning of Day 3 from 8am to 1pm, then she'll go to the city for the event. In Day 4, she'll do the Ice Cream event for a couple hours, might take awhile to find pokemon, and then she'll got back to the city for the next step in the event, heading to Dive Bar #@2

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    "I'm gonna show you lot how much of a rockin' time we folk of Spikemuth actually have!"

Riley Blackwood / Female / 16 Years Old

Kinyo: a new region, a new journey [M]

Appearance

Short and petite, Riley stands at a height of roughly 5'0". She sports a dark complexion, which is offset by her shoulder-length, bright, white hair. Riley also has deep, emerald-green eyes. Riley's body build is slender, all the while being lightly toned from her somewhat active lifestyle that she maintains. In terms of style, one can easily mistake her as some sort of street urchin... and they wouldn't be entirely wrong. Riley tends to wear a lot of leather, especially in the form of her boots and trusty, black jacket. She is an avid fan of stockings, most of which look as if they had seen better days, often offset by various plaid skirts. As a symbol of remembering where she came from, Riley tends to wear tops from the Spikemuth gym trainer's uniforms.​

History

Riley was born in the Galar region, spending most of her life living in the city of Spikemuth. Her mother worked at the local Pokémon Center, while her father worked as one of the trainers within the gym located within the city. While they never really had much money, they were at the very least happy and that seemed to be enough. However as time progressed, they began to feel that the city of Spikemuth was not really a bright place to raise their daughter and it began to get harder and harder for the family to scrounge up enough money to get by. It was after some deliberation, mainly on Riley's resistance to the idea, to pack up their things and move to a new region to give a shot at having a brighter life. That move happened to bring the family to the Kinyo region, much to Riley's dismay.

It was a total scenery shift. The family ended up moving into the quiet and quaint town of Mahono, even going as far as to enroll their daughter into the local Pokémon academy. It was... very difficult for the girl to adjust. The grungy and rather rough edges of living in Spikemuth for roughly fourteen years of her life were still apparent in the girl's way of speaking and acting. Still, Riley knew there was little she could do about her new lot in life and did her best to try and appease her parents by putting her best foot forward. Besides, attending and graduating from the academy would at the very least let her become a Pokémon trainer, which had often been part of her dreams when growing up back in Galar. That said, her school days seemed to be a bit lonely and often filled with many having a default view of her based on her appearance and her background. Riley never really let it get her down, however. Instead it merely added fuel to her fire to prove them all wrong.​

Personality

Riley is a headstrong and independent young woman. She is definitely one who moves to the beat of her own drum, often not letting "can'ts" and "won'ts" stop her from achieving what she sets her mind to. She is generally a very friendly girl, often welcoming those around with a smile and offering them a word of encouragement - which can most likely be attributed to those she spent her time around when growing up in Spikemuth - however, her style of dress tends to make people think she is some sort of punk or lone wolf, often deterring most from wanting to have much to do with her. Still, Riley seldomly lets this way of thinking get her down and merely keeps moving forward as best she can. Riley tends to act rather rashly. She has a habit of not really thinking all of her actions through, and more often than not this tends to bleed over into her battling skills as she seems to form up plans of attack and change them on the fly. Still, her intentions usually good... even if they seem questionable at points. Riley has a habit of forming nicknames for those she forms an attachment to, usually using them as some kind of form of familiarity. That said, she can be a bit forgetful... which makes some wonder if she uses these names as a way of remembering people if she can't recall their actual names.​

Interests/Aspirations/Motives

Riley's goal is to form a thrashing musical group containing nothing, but herself and her Pokémon team. As an avid fan of the former gym leader Piers, the girl longs to follow in his footsteps and make a name for herself that will not only make herself a household name, but help to bring recognition to her hometown of Spikemuth back in the Galar region.​

Starter Pokémon

Bongo the Grookey (Male | Jolly | Likes To Thrash About)
    Scratch | Growl | Branch Poke |Taunt

Anise the Hoothoot (Female | Bold | Thoroughly Cunning | Caught on Route 301)
    Tackle | Peck | Growl | Echoed Voice​

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • UPDATES
    Luke Ygan (Pure Essence) has retired.
    Willow White (Magnificent Magilou) has been sent to Hoenn for remedial courses.
    Riley Blackwood (Magnificent Magilou) has been accepted and will begin in Nashimity on Day 3.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Profile: Gym Leader Deidre

Deidre is a woman of average height. Her hair is long, messy, wavy, and jet-black. Besides her thickly-lined large blue eyes, her appearance largely follows a black-and-white aesthetic. Her usual outfit consists of a black balloon sleeve shirt coupled with black denim and flats to contrast with her ghostly skin.

Somewhere in her early 20s, Deirdre's a struggling musician by day and bartender by night. She's fairly reclusive and even aloof sometimes, making her the type that's hard to track down easily. Growing up, battling wasn't her main focus, only getting a Pokemon in her late teens and only got into battling in the search of inspiration for her music. As the gym leader for three years, she had initially wanted to follow the direction of Unova's Roxie and transform the gym into a mini-concert hall, though the plans fell through when not many challengers came through besides the yearly yet decreasing influx of graduates from Mahono.

Eventually, she got involved with Akurnai's indie music scene, taking up gigs around the city though even her own popularity diminished as she had begun to play "too many sad songs". Up on the stage, she's inseparable from her acoustic guitar, complemented by her melancholic voice. However, her general fall in popularity and the acquisition of the gym by the municipal government has led her into a creative rut which has only seemed to have worsened after the municipality announced that they'd knock down the gym in favour of "something less niche".

Deidre has a blunt personality, cutting straight to the point - she's the type to skip formalities, speaking to everyone the same, regardless of whether they've just met or known each other their whole lives. In addition to that, her coldness and occasional vulgarities often take people aback when they first meet her. Only when she performs do her vulnerabilities shine through, depicting a more sensitive and emotional side to her individuality.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Profile: Champion Casimir

Casimir has medium-length ash brown hair, tanned skin, green eyes, and a relatively well-built body. He's pretty tall and prefers to wear form-fitting clothes - a simple burgundy-coloured dress shirt and brown trousers, aiming to offer warm yet formal vibes. Although he's the champion, some of his fans admire him for his appearance alone.

Growing up in Suimuse Town, Casimir always aspired to become Champion one day. His upbringing in a rather isolated town meant he never got to spectate matches live, but he still vowed to train hard to strive to become like the then-reigning Champ. A fledgling trainer, he set out from Suimuse town at the age of 16, challenging gyms across Kinyo. However, shortly after obtaining his eighth badge, what would later be known as the Great Turmoil occurred. He, among many others fought off Team Phantom, though it ultimately derailed his career for a couple of years, particularly from the growing stigma against trainers and even his own lack of trust in other trainers.

After a couple of years, he was approached by the reigning champion to take over the role, their reasoning simply being "someone has to be champion". Since then, Casimir's only had a one or two challenges for the title each year for the past four years. However, despite everything, it's clear he still loves his Pokemon. Although he dreams of a revitalized Pokemon League one day, he seems to be more of a figurehead for trainers now than an actual battler while Kinyo's regional administrators have accumulated more power.

In public, he generally aims to please people despite his discomfort with large crowds. Sometimes he feels strained by the lack free will, making some of his smiles seem ingenuine. That said, he cares deeply about the people of Kinyo and tries his best to serve them, even if that means only performing mundane tasks across the region.

In battle, he's serious and determined, always giving it his all through simple yet effective strategies crafted from years of experience. His Pokemon obey likewise, in-sync with him and his thoughts.

In private, he's a rather simple person, enjoying the pleasantries of life, spending time with friends or loved ones or going out for a good meal. Although spending much time with politicians and the like as champion, he's often complaining about them at the dinner table and his role as champion, making him come off as rather negative person. It's mostly just that he's stressed and upset with the state of things.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • ALOLAN & GALARIAN FORMS
    Alolan and Galarian forms of Pokémon are not found in the wild in Kinyo.

However, you can still get one.

Here's the deal.

• If a Pokémon, in its regular form, has shown up in the Kinyo 'dex, you may request a regional variant of it.
    • The regional variant will be gifted to you by an NPC.
    • Anna will choose when and where you will be gifted this Pokémon.
    • When Anna chooses to let you have your regional variant, it acts the same as a guarantee- you forfeit all rolls for the area and receive it at a lower level than the area's Pokémon.
    • If Anna tells you your regional variant is available, but you want something else from the area, you may forfeit your variant.
    • You will not get another choice of variant if you forfeit.
    • You only get ONE regional variant. Choose carefully. :)

Avalible as of Akurnai City:
    Alolan Rattata • Galarian Darumaka • Galarian Zigzagoon • Alolan Meowth • Galarian Meowth

Feel free to ask questions. :>

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back