• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Don't worry, there will always be people to blame one thing or another, regardless of their point being constructive or not. Can we really criticize the lack of story in the Tetris game ? The point is, what matters is what you meant your game to be for, and the efforts you put in making it!
    <3

Unfortunately people will always form an opinion on everything, even when they know diddly on whatever it is 😇
    <3

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I know how to be lonely! :3
    Game Freak has experience in developping games, while most fangame devs are amateur devs without game dev experience (developping games implies knowledge of game design, level design, balancing, story telling, graphics and so on, as well as pure development skills).
    I'm fine with people who have no idea about game design and just do whatever is in their head. I mean, I've created some particularly trashy games in the past and I know how much effort it takes to create something decent.

I think what annoys me is the lack of originality, in a sense, coming from those who know what they're doing? Say what you will, but I think people should stat cutting "features" and try experimenting with a little subset of everything. You don't need all 1000 Pokemon if you want to create a full story/gameplay experience. And you don't need to cram in a lot of text and grinding when you do decide to put all Pokemon in.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think I watched like one or two episodes, but I noticed they had like two good jokes per 25 minutes of episodes, which is a rather weak ratio, so I didn't bother ^^"

I know how to be lonely! :3
    Last One to Post Wins! v3

That pig is so cute, I want to hug it too.

I'm fine with people who have no idea about game design and just do whatever is in their head. I mean, I've created some particularly trashy games in the past and I know how much effort it takes to create something decent.

I think what annoys me is the lack of originality, in a sense, coming from those who know what they're doing? Say what you will, but I think people should stat cutting "features" and try experimenting with a little subset of everything. You don't need all 1000 Pokemon if you want to create a full story/gameplay experience. And you don't need to cram in a lot of text and grinding when you do decide to put all Pokemon in.
    I understand. However I like it when all Pokémons are available. Don't forget we gotta catch'em all :)
    But yeah, grinding is a real issue in most fangames (not mine).
    What do you mean "you don't need to cram in a lot of text"? I find most fangames are pretty concise in terms of texts? They're not like a typical JRPG, is what I mean lol.

Years
    I will go on record and say that there are around 200 good episodes of The Simpsons. Generally speaking, the first 10 seasons are worth it but most people prefer seasons two to seven.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I used to watch The Simpsons a long time ago. I lost interest when I started watching stuff on the internet, though. And now it's hard to go back. xD
    I understand. However I like it when all Pokémons are available. Don't forget we gotta catch'em all :)
    But yeah, grinding is a real issue in most fangames (not mine).
    What do you mean "you don't need to cram in a lot of text"? I find most fangames are pretty concise in terms of texts? They're not like a typical JRPG, is what I mean lol.
    I like having a variety of them available, as well. I just think that if you put them all in then you'll have to spend quite a bit of time making sure it's worthwhile by making the world fun to explore (to encourage people seeking out every nook and cranny). A story would only be a hindrance. Arguably, even trying to make everything more challenging can be hit or miss in this scenario. It's easier to plan difficulty when the player only has limited options.

Meanwhile, a good story kinda requires some limitations especially when you want the party to matter. Though, this may just be me. I've always been bothered how your party is just completely disconnected from what is happening in the overarching story.

Years
    I got no idea what seasons the random stray episodes I saw are from.
    Plus it was pretty long ago by now so I don't really remember much from the show at all.

Years
    i think one of the best things about the simpsons is that most (if not, all) of the original voice cast from the first season is still there

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    They replaced the VA of Marge in my country, as well. The newer one never felt the same.

Years
    Never had interest for the Simpson, but I still like this part :

"Each copy contains a certain percentage of recycled paper."
    "And what percent is that?"
    "Zero."
    "..."
    "Zero's a percent!"

Years
    i'm not too interested in the simpsons either but people have said i do the best "d'oh!" impression apparently

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So overall, the Simpsons are kinda cynical and relevant, but somewhat bland.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Lisa is also now a Disney Princess. :P
    Some day The Mouse will consume us all!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back