• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v4

Days
  • In our language, font system is different and we don't use the English alphabets and numbers like we use normally here. So there's difference in grammar as well. And the tough thing is that speaking requires control of air-release in order to speak out correct terms, and lack of control of breathing could result in two different words with different structures. This challenge gets tougher when we go into original form of it.

I learned German in school for 3-4 years I believe, but now I had forgotten most of it and only remember few words !!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The numbering system is weird in German. Numbers are read from left to right, except when it isn't. So, instead of "twenty four" it's "four and twenty". Ironically, this all comes down to someone way back in the past making a stupid mistake that dragged itself into the future. ^^"

Years
    • Online now
    My highschool placed me into a Spanish class with every extremely loud kid in the school in one room. Assigned me a seat between two shouting kids.

After the first day: "Hell no".

I complained to the office and got taken out of there immediately.

Days
  • I took German in class 6th, and was excited to learn something different. Although it was good to take it, but as soon as I qualified class 10th, my contact with German also faded out, and by now I had forgotten most of it.

But one word which I remember still now is "Entschuldigung", and it due to fact that the word sounds similar to name of one of the classmate back then, who had also taken German there.

Now I wish to learn some rare and unheard languages like Scanian, Bavarian, Gottscheerish, Sanskrit, etc-etc. Although wish always remains a wish !!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Das ist die Höhe! Ich bin nicht einverstanden! Haben Sie verstanden, Herr Müller ? Ja ? Auf wiedersehen, Herr Müller.
    Props for using umlauts. But I'll still need to ban you for using a language other than English on the forums. Sorry, but I didn't make the rules! :P
    ミュラーって誰?
    And you too. You've just been modded. PC's manager will hear about that! :(
    Now I wish to learn some rare and unheard languages like Scanian, Bavarian, Gottscheerish, Sanskrit, etc-etc. Although wish always remains a wish !!
    Tbf. Bavarian is just German but in cringe. :P

Days
  • And since everyone are using translators, hence why should I not enjoy the fun the then!

I used Google Translate and chosen those language whose fonts are different from what we had seen in media or know by ourselves:

මූලික කරුණු පැහැදිලි කිරීම ගැන ස්තුතියි This is Sinhalese

އަސާސީ ކަންކަން ކިޔައިދިނީތީ ޝުކުރިއްޔާ This is Divehi

ขอบคุณที่อธิบายเรื่องพื้นฐาน This is Thai

Ευχαριστώ που εξηγήσατε τα βασικά This is Greek (all terms are understood due to use in mathematical/physical representation)

გმადლობთ საფუძვლების ახსნისთვის This is Georgian

Үндсэн зүйлийг тайлбарласанд баярлалаа This is Mongolian

O ṣeun fun ṣiṣe alaye awọn ipilẹ This is Yoruba

அடிப்படைகளை விளக்கியதற்கு நன்றி This is Tamil

मूलभूतं व्याख्यातुं धन्यवादः This is Sanskrit

Thanks for explaining out the basics

All Above are translation of the statement in bold

All these are nice looking fonts according to me, and completely different from what I know, except the last one, which is English apparently. Even if I manage to learn couple of them, then it will be something new!

(edit: why alignment is getting stacked, even though it is looking perfectly spaced in console?)

Last edited:
    Back