• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
  • According to Riot, they're removing silences because they're broken. I highly disagree. Talon's silence is the reason he was so powerful, and now, even though he isn't weak, he isn't nearly as strong, and has trouble competing with AP mids, being one of the three AD mids in the game. Zed and Yasuo have decent outplay mechanics available, but Talon doesn't anymore. The chances of you escaping after you get caught with him are quite slim.
    Something that I think would be beneficial to him without being overly powerful, in compensation to his silence removal, would be to add on to his passive, so that when he kills someone, his e resets, and his other skills CDs are reduced by about 25% or something, allowing him to keep in a fight a bit longer than just instakilling a squishy, which most of the time, won't even work considering he can't silence them, so they can just flash/heal to survive it. That .25 second slow is useless. That's barely enough time to aa/q, and it really doesn't slow them when you truly think about it. Maybe make it a snare, where he cuts their ankles and roots them for like .75 seconds or something, so they can still react somewhat, but not just instantly get away from it. His idea of "Opportunistic assassin" is more like "Wait-until-they-have-no-sums-and-their-escapes-are-down-and-then-kill-them-after-my-entire-team-is-dead assassin"
    Still my favorite champion atm.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • According to Riot, they're removing silences because they're broken. I highly disagree. Talon's silence is the reason he was so powerful, and now, even though he isn't weak, he isn't nearly as strong, and has trouble competing with AP mids, being one of the three AD mids in the game. Zed and Yasuo have decent outplay mechanics available, but Talon doesn't anymore. The chances of you escaping after you get caught with him are quite slim.
    Something that I think would be beneficial to him without being overly powerful, in compensation to his silence removal, would be to add on to his passive, so that when he kills someone, his e resets, and his other skills CDs are reduced by about 25% or something, allowing him to keep in a fight a bit longer than just instakilling a squishy, which most of the time, won't even work considering he can't silence them, so they can just flash/heal to survive it. That .25 second slow is useless. That's barely enough time to aa/q, and it really doesn't slow them when you truly think about it. Maybe make it a snare, where he cuts their ankles and roots them for like .75 seconds or something, so they can still react somewhat, but not just instantly get away from it. His idea of "Opportunistic assassin" is more like "Wait-until-they-have-no-sums-and-their-escapes-are-down-and-then-kill-them-after-my-entire-team-is-dead assassin"
    Still my favorite champion atm.
    I definitely agree that Talon isn't as strong as he used to. While the new e might be better when it comes to applying his passive, the removal of the silence has really hurt him. He used to be the pick I felt the most safe with in ranked, simply because his silence meant that he didn't see many counters in the typical mid-lane mages, and you'd be able to actually do damage to them without having to fear getting cc'd or anything. But now I find myself being much more passive in lane, hardly ever going in unless I'm getting a gank from a jungler, or if I have my ult to either burst the enemy or get out with. Beforehand I was much more liberal with going in, because the risk of getting bursted wasn't nearly as high.

As for a compensation for the removal of the silence though, I saw pretty neat idea about changing his passive, so that whenever you got a kill/assist, you'd be stealthed for a little while and gain movement speed, giving him the escape he desperately needs. While I feel like your idea could work, I feel like it would just make him another Katarina. In any case, I do agree he should be changed in some way to accomodate for the removal of the silence.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • And with the ranked ladders resetting, I'm sort of celebrating Season 5's start with a Galio theme. Yes, I totally ripped this off of Talon, but I like the layout, so I used it, haha.

I'm probably going to take everyone's advice though and wait a week before playing ranked to let the big rush settle down a bit.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Well, the ladders have reset now. I'm gunning for at least Gold this season. I want to be in a position where at some point I can apply to work for Riot.

Anyway, who is jumping straight into ranked? And who will wait it out until most people have been placed? Me, I'm going to be trying out the new Ahri, and will then jump in. I want to get placed and get climbing as soon as possible. What are your plans?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I just started doing some of my provisionals and they're going pretty well. 2 fer 2 here. I hope to at least place in silver to save me the time of climbing out of bronze. I want to make it to gold this season!

my last game was funny though. i was support braum and NOT ONLY did I earn more gold than my ADC, I did more damage lol. the real mvp that game tho was our fiora. she was freakin' god tier. match history

That being said... I think the removal of DFG is a good choice. I don't know if they should have done it right as the season is starting... but eh, no better way to make players adapt to the change I guess.

As for the Riven thing, the auto cancel on her Q is an unintended side effect of their project to fix overlapping CC. they are looking into a solution for that as well as far as im concerned. and for talon, i think part of his "escape" has to do with his ultimate. I think you're largely supposed to go in, dmg them, and r out while you pick up the kill. it's on a pretty short cd as far as ultimates go.

Years
  • Chum the Waters (R) : The fish now also amplifies Fizz's damage (except for Chum the Water's "shark" damage) on the target by 20% for 6 seconds

U mad Ahri? lel -Fizz

Circuit

Years
  • Chum the Waters (R) : The fish now also amplifies Fizz's damage (except for Chum the Water's "shark" damage) on the target by 20% for 6 seconds

U mad Ahri? lel -Fizz

God damn it Riot! Fizz needs to be removed from LoL for this -__-

I've started placements today, only played one so far, but I'm off to a good start. I'm hoping to go at least 7-3 this time, and NOT drop from Silver. It took so long to get out last time that I don't want to do it again, and I'd really like Gold XD

Years
  • I'm just gonna advise everyone to NOT play their placements during the first few weeks of ranked resets. You get matched with a ton of people you should not be matched with normally because a lot of people are jumping into ranked instantly, so the chances that you get matched with idiots or players way more skilled than you are pretty high.

Also i had a friend drop from Plat to Silver after going 6/4, the loses were cause of intentional feeders and kids. So yea... I'm just gonna wait for the ranked wave to go away

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I'm just gonna advise everyone to NOT play their placements during the first few weeks of ranked resets. You get matched with a ton of people you should not be matched with normally because a lot of people are jumping into ranked instantly, so the chances that you get matched with idiots or players way more skilled than you are pretty high.

Also i had a friend drop from Plat to Silver after going 6/4, the loses were cause of intentional feeders and kids. So yea... I'm just gonna wait for the ranked wave to go away

So you're saying that "players way more skilled than you" are always going to be on the opposite team while the "idiots" are always going to be on your team? That's an odd notion, I'd say. It doesn't matter when you do ranked if you ask me, you're going to run into players beyond your level of skill and players who aren't taking the game seriously no matter what. But it will even out from being on your team and the opposing team.

Years
  • So you're saying that "players way more skilled than you" are always going to be on the opposite team while the "idiots" are always going to be on your team? That's an odd notion, I'd say. It doesn't matter when you do ranked if you ask me, you're going to run into players beyond your level of skill and players who aren't taking the game seriously no matter what. But it will even out from being on your team and the opposing team.

I didn't say that. I said that the matchmaking is simply unbalanced, and with almost everybody doing ranked matches right now i do not recommend jumping straight into ranked. I would give you an example of who i got matched with on my NA account at start of Season 4 if it wasn't unbeliveable.

Talon

Years
  • So apparently getting the second most gold in game, being the only reason bot didn't lost lane super early, have the best k/d on team, most assists on team, most turrets taken on team, most damage done on team, and most kills on team makes you a "noob" nowadays. Welcome to season 5. Where the best player on the team is clearly at fault for the team losing, and not the 2/13 vel'koz, or the 3/9 jinx, or the 4/12 volibear. Nah. It's the 10/10 rengar who pretty carried you all to a less early defeat.

Circuit

Years
  • So if I may, I'd like to move this conversation away from general ranked and on to:

The European League of Legends Championship Series, Spring Weeks

So with Season 5 having started and the LCS now underway, I wanted to bring up the topic of it's location; Berlin. As may or may not notice, I also happen to live here, in Berlin. What I wanted to ask you all, is anyone here planning on going to see the LCS?

Talon

Years
  • So if I may, I'd like to move this conversation away from general ranked and on to:

The European League of Legends Championship Series, Spring Weeks

So with Season 5 having started and the LCS now underway, I wanted to bring up the topic of it's location; Berlin. As may or may not notice, I also happen to live here, in Berlin. What I wanted to ask you all, is anyone here planning on going to see the LCS?

That would be an extremely expensive trip for me, and I have school soooooo..... nah

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • qwerty
    asdfg

Thank you DFG. You will surely be missed. Anyway, as I read the Pokecommunity's posts regarding League and the changes, and Rito overall, I can't say that I do not relate with such posts. I've pretty much read the same thing in Reddit and NA Forums so i can't argue with anyone here.

Anyway, I've finally played my first League game in months and well out of 3 normal games, I actually lost 2 of them mainly because of my lack of practice with other junglers BUT the most important one will always be the likes of this:

hRh0dTT.jpg

You guys can pretty much see why I incurred a lot of deaths despite my best efforts to just carry this team behind my back. Hell my bad games were lost all because of poor solo laners but this 3rd crucial game meant a lot for me (even if its only normal, I'll be back playing Ranked soon don't worry)
    Read for moar!
    Spoiler:

My item choices and why:
    Spoiler:

But yeah this game was one of those classics for any jungler playing on solo que normal or ranked -> You gank lanes, you outfarm enemy jungler, you win your early-mid game, and get fed. Solo laners on the other hand, not doing so well, and in team fights, are actually REALLY BAD. Then their's the ADC who can't do their thing properly despite the best efforts of their Support to babysit them. Their Zed was really carrying their team hard to the point where their team started to do properly and Leona was actually hitting multi-man Solar Flares at us. And yes, they also focused a lot of their hate against me, as common as what would happen if you're a fed Xin.

Anyway, people are more interested with Pro plays like LCS and OGN so maybe I'll talk about that too.
    NA LCS:
    Spoiler:

Has anyone been using Rek'Sai as of late? I mean she's been out for a while and she has even made it into competitive play because of her awesome kit. I've been wondering how would people itemize her. I know I can just watch LCS but I would love some words of advice coming from the non-pros as those are more helpful for me. We can relate more than I would with Meteos, DanDy, or Insec...

Mega evolutions for Champs.. Rito plz. Mega Tryndamere or Mega Xin Zhao to make Melee even better at ultra late game pl0x.

Last edited:

Talon

Years
  • Examples of what I used to be able to do with Jungle Rengar (Each one is titled for your clarity.):

And on another note....
    DAT 1000th POST THO
    Spoiler:

Years
  • New Refer A Friend is out. Now i have 7635 IP and i don't want to buy anything because i know i will regret it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • New Refer A Friend is out. Now i have 7635 IP and i don't want to buy anything because i know i will regret it.

Save the IP for a champ that may be getting buffed soon. With the way LCS is turning out, its already a given that next or next-next patch some champs will get some considerate buffs or quality-of-life changes to make them competitive against the currently OU picks (Jarvan, Vi, Lee (for Junglers), Gnar and Irelia for Top Lane) etc = Its the Top and Jungle who are currently monopolized with those OU champs. Mid, ADC, and Support are sorta flexible in a sense.

Current NA LCS talk:
    - CLG is on top after beating C9, whose supposed to comeback after their 0-2 week 1 start
    - TSM is holding on after their upset loss against Team 8. It was winterfox who they battled.
    - Team Liquid, upon getting their starting ADC Piglet has just suffered two losses from NA's big dogs, C9 and TSM. Piglet really needs to step it up and team Liquid really needs to do well since they are going up against the middle dogs next.

Opinion towards LPL (China's League)
    - LPL the new OGN? With almost all the top Korean players from OGN transferring to China thanks to the big bucks, LPL is now home to some of the biggest players in the league right now. I've seen the games in the current LPL and my god, these games were exciting to watch, especially with some of the top talent of OGN playing here.

Circuit

Years
  • On a similar-ish topic:

What are everyone's Ranked tales?

Where were you placed this season? Anything funny happened? nnoying?

Myself, I've won 7/10 of my placements and was placed in Silver IV, one tier higher than I was at the end of season 4. I'm super happy with that, and I hope to keep climbing to Gold this season.

Back