• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Nice job compiling the August CoroCoro archive there, Clbgolden.

Anyways, I agree with CUTIEFLY!!! that having all three starters share the same type is stupid so there's no way the starters all being Dark-type in Moon can be real, because it would be horrible stuff to Rowlet fans since Grass/Dark is one of the worst defensive type combinations in existence.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    A freshly new leak has arrived:

This gives us a total number of 104 Pokémon if true.

If This True then GF must did a sloppy job at maintaining Security since so many information got leak before the game release.
    At least , They would find the leaker and remove all the leak after the Starters Final evolution got reveled.
    Instate , They couldn't stop Alola Pokedex from being leaked.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Honestly, with all these leaks out, we should be careful about what to believe in honestly. I'm pretty sure with this whole leak craze this generation people are trying to lead each other on. Do I have some speculation some of them might be true? Yeah. But right now, I feel people are throwing their search for leaks way out of proportion.

I personally think this pokedex "leak" is kind of fake. Does the number seem good, yeah, but it's super limited. Only 2 dragon type lines? ( granted gen 1 had only 1 at the time) and no fossils? I know gen 2 had no fossils, but keep in mind that's only because it was supposed to be a sequel to gen 1. Gen 2 was not supposed to be a continuation of the series( it was just popular enough to get another game). Every generation afterwards has had fossils. Even Hoenn, another tropical region has fossils. If they decided to drop it, fine with me, but I'll be kind of disappointed.

Once again. As I stated before in previous posts. Don't believe anything until confirmed by Pokemon themselves/Serebii.net/etc... It's not a good feeling when you build speculation about something and it turns out not to be true(though I admit it's fun to do.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Honestly, with all these leaks out, we should be careful about what to believe in honestly. I'm pretty sure with this whole leak craze this generation people are trying to lead each other on. Do I have some speculation some of them might be true? Yeah. But right now, I feel people are throwing their search for leaks way out of proportion.

I personally think this pokedex "leak" is kind of fake. Does the number seem good, yeah, but it's super limited. Only 2 dragon type lines? ( granted gen 1 had only 1 at the time) and no fossils? I know gen 2 had no fossils, but keep in mind that's only because it was supposed to be a sequel to gen 1. Gen 2 was not supposed to be a continuation of the series( it was just popular enough to get another game). Every generation afterwards has had fossils. Even Hoenn, another tropical region has fossils. If they decided to drop it, fine with me, but I'll be kind of disappointed.

Once again. As I stated before in previous posts. Don't believe anything until confirmed by Pokemon themselves/Serebii.net/etc... It's not a good feeling when you build speculation about something and it turns out not to be true(though I admit it's fun to do.)

Do u know about when should this month's CoroCoro be leaked?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Do u know about when should this month's CoroCoro be leaked?

Usually around the 10th?( That's when it leaked last time) Corocoro leaks early so maybe even before that? I don't know. I just hope we get some news to clear up this confusing mess with the leaks and all that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Usually around the 10th?( That's when it leaked last time) Corocoro leaks early so maybe even before that? I don't know. I just hope we get some news to clear up this confusing mess with the leaks and all that.

I hope we hear some news regarding new characters rather than new Pokemon..

blue

gucci
    Years
    CoroCoro usually leaks between 11th and 12th of the month, just a couple of days before it's officially released on the 15th. The upcoming trailer on Friday could either be a rehash of what is revealed in CoroCoro or something completely different. I guess it just depends on which comes first but I'd say they will both pretty much have the same news to with the trailer having a slightly more detailed version of it. I think having two completely separate sets of new information within the space of a day or even hours would split the discussion and take the focus away from one of the two. Regardless, it should put some of these leaks to light whether they're the real deal or not.

Years
    CoroCoro usually leaks between 11th and 12th of the month, just a couple of days before it's officially released on the 15th. The upcoming trailer on Friday could either be a rehash of what is revealed in CoroCoro or something completely different. I guess it just depends on which comes first but I'd say they will both pretty much have the same news to with the trailer having a slightly more detailed version of it. I think having two completely separate sets of new information within the space of a day or even hours would split the discussion and take the focus away from one of the two. Regardless, it should put some of these leaks to light whether they're the real deal or not.

I think it's early this month, isn't there a Japanese holiday on the 15th? I feel like I saw somewhere they release on the 12th during August.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think it's early this month, isn't there a Japanese holiday on the 15th? I feel like I saw somewhere they release on the 12th during August.

That's true, I've just read that up. Hopefully this means that they will leak either later today or tomorrow.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Yeah CoroCoro is releasing on the 12th this month, so the leaks could show up any day now.

We're probably not getting them today though, I feel like they would have dropped by now.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I'm curious: at what point do you consider the designs to be less like what you would consider a Pokemon to look like? What does a traditional ideal Pokemon look like in your eyes? There are some that share similar perspectives like you do, and I'm honestly scratching my head about what people think a Pokemon should look like; if there's some sort of standard to Pokemon design or something.

I'm basically for less anthropomorphic or indicating either gender, in the human sense of the term. Unless it's like Machop, which I feel needs a female line as Gallade had with Ralts. I really like most of the designs right until G4, and G4's quirks were mainly in the G1 and G2 evolution designs looking rather uninspired or strange. I

I generally like Pokemon to actually feel like animals or fantasy creatures and not have evolutions akin to Digimon, which means anything that's like Popplio's evolution [in the human hair] or full-blown humans that just happen to be "Pokemon", but in armor. Other that that, throw anything crazy my way. Ice Cream cones, trashcans, apples, a Poptart cat, you name it. As long as it matches the regional theme.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Pinkie said that it could be because Hawaii isn't old enough to have fossils. I thought this as soon as I types. So I agree. This could be why we aren't getting fossils IF the list is legit. For me, this is the first leak I have actually thought might be legit. The names have a lot of thought into them, it that is how the English names usually are. But what I don't get is why they are in English to start with? Usually leaks are in the form of pictures, descriptions and Japanese names.

Another think if the list is right, we might not be getting fossils due to the fact that a large number of pokemon we are getting are based of Extinct or Endangered Species.

Years
    Icy has a good point on the likely lack of new fossil Pokemon. The fact that a lot of the new Pokemon are based off endangered animals might likely be why we're skipping fossils for the first time since 2nd Gen, and while 2nd Gen's excuse was because Johto was connected to Kanto, it's harder to likely find a reason behind a lack of fossils in Alola since it is another isolated region that has so far proven to be extremely different than other regions so far.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Don't remember if it's already been mentioned here, but the guy who was responsible for the BW leaks back in 2010 is supporting the Pokedex leak, which gives it another reason for it to be legit.

Years
    That is definitely suspicious indeed. I will still wait for CoroCoro or the trailer to see if there are any new Pokemon that can make or break this leak.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Don't remember if it's already been mentioned here, but the guy who was responsible for the BW leaks back in 2010 is supporting the Pokedex leak, which gives it another reason for it to be legit.
    Wasn't he the same guy who earlier in the year said he'd give us Sun and Moon footage but then turned out to just be trolling?

That kind of makes me think he's not very credible anymore.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    Some guy on 4Chan posted this picture. Do you think this could prove anything or this is totally random?

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back