• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Also worth mentioning, the Rainbow Greninja guy also said Gigareki (was that spelled right?) was a Pokémon, but apparently it's a new game GF is making.

So, even more fake. Guess we can now say this leak has been GigaWRECKED.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Although I am almost certain the Greninja Leak was fake, we still have the finals that may have something. Masuda went to San Franisco today. So if that it were Finals are, we might get something from it. The leaker also said the 21st.

I am expecting a big trailer like we have been getting within a few days. Possibly tomorrow.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    As long as synchro evolution(s) or whatever aren't in Sun & Moon... TPC can advertise whatever they want in regards to Ash-Greninja/Rainbow Greninja or whatever. >.>

I really don't think it is in regardes of that. People thought it would be with the crystals because of the manga that failed miserably. That is the only reason people thought it was human and pokemon forming. We now know that that is not at all what it is. Pokemon don't change when they use the Z Moves.

Z Moves are a type of synchro, but not fusing together. The dance moves that the human does is probably to synchronize with their pokemon so they can unleash the Z move.

And I really really really don't believe they would add two massive battle features in a single game. That would wreak havoc with balance for a single game.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    If the reveal at worlds isn't the game's version of "Ash-Greninja", then I really doubt it's going to happen at all. It seems like something they'd announce at a big place with many fans watching (like with Zygarde), not drop in a random trailer.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I really don't like the idea of Ash-Greninja or Rainbow Greninja at all. Having Pokemon fusions alongside all what's been revealed for these games would feel like way too much. It would kinda come off as them pushing as much as they can into one game as possible. We already have Alola forms, Z-Moves, and Hyper Training which are all perfectly feasible new features for a single game.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Not surprised to see the greninja leak fake. World's will definitely give us something.

I'm guessing either breeding cat or Ash Greninja confirmation.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I really don't like the idea of Ash-Greninja or Rainbow Greninja at all. Having Pokemon fusions alongside all what's been revealed for these games would feel like way too much. It would kinda come off as them pushing as much as they can into one game as possible. We already have Alola forms, Z-Moves, and Hyper Training which are all perfectly feasible new features for a single game.

I don't think A-Greninja will be a fusion, I'm just thinking it as a separate form for Greninja, like an Alola form but not.

Years
    I do agree with you on X/Y being a testing ground for the 3DS since it being a very hollow game showed Game Freak was doing their first real attempt at a main Pokemon game on the 3DS. It was exactly like how D/P was their first foray onto the DS and it felt more like they were testing the waters and that was likely why D/P's slowness was a thing.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Game Freak should be used to the 3DS by now - I think most, if not the majority of us, can agree that X/Y was rushed. Heck, even ORAS felt rushed. These were the first fully 3D games that were released, so for those of you who had the theory that this was more or less Game Freak testing the waters, you'd probably be right. Now we're at a point where Game Freak most likely knows the graphical limitations of the 3DS as well as what kind of story content works, what kind of post-game content works and what doesn't. In short, if it looks like Sun & Moon are a hell of a lot more polished than X/Y and/or ORAS, that's pretty intentional, because they are, because more time was spent on them.

I think those are the two biggest points I've learned (or rather, forgotten about in case of the second point), and so I'm kinda willing to pretty much deal with any news that comes as is. The loss of a good feature like Battle Frontier sucks, but again, as I've said in many other threads (and I'll say it again in this one), I'll continue to hold out some hope that we'll get a better battle facility, especially as Game Freak is more accustomed to what toys they can play with.

That's what I've been thinking too, and I hope you're right. After all, all the DS games after DP have been top notch and full of content and features. Even though Black/White/2 took out some good Gen 4 features, they replaced them with other great features (PWT instead of Gym Rematches, much faster battle system etc). I still have a bit of doubt in my mind, we did get TWO sets of underwhelming Pokemon games, but I still have faith in Game Freak.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The riddler posted a new image. (the aristotle one is still there since the Pokemon hasn't been revealed yet)

Spoiler:

N1 depicts Yukie Nakame, a Japanese actress and a character from the anime "Darker Than Black" called Kirsti. Apparently these don't hint to the new Pokemon directly. (not sure what that means...maybe it means we have to look deeper into these characters backgrounds to figure it out)

In case you haven't seen Darker Than Black, Kirsti is a doll...I can't remember exactly what her deal is (it's been a while since I watched it) but I think dolls are like people except they've supposedly lost all of their own identity...so they get sold to people. None of that might end up being relevant though.

N2 is a monk's staff and N3 is a picture of Wu Yong. Apparentely he's an advisor for a gane of 108 heroes in a fiction.

Edit: Also the riddler gave a new hint for the aristotle one: four element-->5th element-->celestial body-->hole-->hyperspace

Last edited:

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    The riddler posted a new image. (the aristotle one is still there since the Pokemon hasn't been revealed yet)

Spoiler:

N1 depicts Yukie Nakame, a Japanese actress and a character from the anime "Darker Than Black" called Kirsti. Apparently these don't hint to the new Pokemon directly. (not sure what that means...maybe it means we have to look deeper into these characters backgrounds to figure it out)

In case you haven't seen Darker Than Black, Kirsti is a doll...I can't remember exactly what her deal is (it's been a while since I watched it) but I think dolls are like people except they've supposedly lost all of their own identity...so they get sold to people. None of that might end up being relevant though.

N2 is a monk's staff and N3 is a picture of Wu Yong. Apparentely he's an advisor for a gane of 108 heroes in a fiction.

Edit: Also the riddler gave a new hint for the aristotle one: four element-->5th element-->celestial body-->hole-->hyperspace

God, I'm confused... Does N1 mean that this new Pokémon is going to resemble a doll, or is it just going to be a Dark-type Pokémon? Or maybe both ... I don't understand the others though .. This riddler is good!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

Spoiler:

N1, N2, and N3 could be either new characters or the role Lillie is going to play in the story. And the Aristotle hint is beginning to sound and more like it's related to Marshadow.

Years
    Aristotle eh? I think it relates to the alchemy theme present for some of the Pokemon.

It could either relate to Marshadow or what Lillie's role in the game will be.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018

Spoiler:

I know Kirsti, also known as Yin, was a doll that specialized at sending out ghost through water so maybe it has something to do with a water pokemon or character who specializes at water pokemon maybe?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    N1, N2, and N3 could be either new characters or the role Lillie is going to play in the story. And the Aristotle hint is beginning to sound and more like it's related to Marshadow.

The riddler said that all the riddles are related to new Pokemon.

I guess I'll just link where I found the riddle: https://forums.bulbagarden.net/inde...iscussion-thread.214874/page-117#post-5949635

Some people I've seen are wondering if N3 has some kind of relation to Spiritomb because it mentions the number 108. Which is the number of evil spirits contained within Spiritomb.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    My guess is 108 is the new pokemon number.

Aristotle is for a legendary. Probably Marshadow because of the whole philosopher theme for legends.

N1 is probably a new dark type and that's it.

Years
    I think Angie could be right, Marshadow will probably be like the other "third" legendaries and be kept under wraps until after release.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back