• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Some problems with those counters:

1. Actually have a good point here, but it's always possible that these names do have hidden meaning that we're just not looking into.

2. Hau's Japan name is not Hoku, it's still Hau. Hoku was just the name of the kid in the trailer.

3. The name Caitlin hasn't been used for an important character in Japanese yet.

1) True, the names kind of fit with Hawaiian names imo.

2) That I did not know, as I saw several things comparing the kid hoku in the trailer to Hau, and misconceived that they were meant to be the same.

3) This is true, but the videos don't take place in Japan. They take place in Hawaii. Meaning they are English names. Which actually would further debunk the Hoku thing, so I'll remove point one.

These would be English names as they are not in a Japanese classroom. So it would mostly likely being Caitlin. So this point is still a 50/50

I'm not using them as counters, more so observations that I thought I'd point out.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    1) True, the names kind of fit with Hawaiian names imo.

2) That I did not know, as I saw several things comparing the kid hoku in the trailer to Hau, and misconceived that they were meant to be the same.

3) This is true, but the videos don't take place in Japan. They take place in Hawaii. Meaning they are English names. Which actually would further debunk the Hoku thing, so I'll remove point one.

These would be English names as they are not in a Japanese classroom. So it would mostly likely being Caitlin. So this point is still a 50/50

I'm not using them as counters, more so observations that I thought I'd point out.
    It takes place in America, but it's still a Japan trailer. Thus, they'd want to communicate the gym leader names using their Japanese names.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It takes place in America, but it's still a Japan trailer. Thus, they'd want to communicate the gym leader names using their Japanese names.

Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were english ones. What are the Japanese names of previous leaders?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • That Japanese trailer did have some English names too, so they could well be the actual names of unrevealed characters. As for Gym Leaders I wouldn't really say that is what they represent, though.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Japanese gym leaders usually have flower based names. Are any of the names in the trailer related to flowers?

To my knowledge, none of this correlate to a flower.

I can't and don't think any relate to the words ed, hoku, Pablo or Caitlin. They are very English games, that you usually wouldn't see in Japan.

So I think the trailer really wanted to capture the american region feel and to be as accurate as they could, used English names. Plus English is taught and known vastly throughout Japan so it's not that much of a stretch that they will be English character names imo.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Another set of leaks from 4chan popped up today:

Spoiler:
    The thread is currently active, I could link you guys to it if it's allowed.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • This is an interesting leak that definitely contradicts the others that have been leaked so far, especially about the no gyms part (which is pretty significant, imo). If this leaker is correct, it seems like gyms are here to remain, but what has me most curious is the starter evolutions. The details are kind of...extremely vague to even mentally picture anything (at least, to me), so it isn't particularly helpful.

The leaker provided sketches of what the evos look like in the thread, but showing them would depend if I'm allowed to link 4chan threads here.

Years
  • Okay, so dissecting this leak that Pinkie shared from 4chan:

- Rockruff evolutions gaining Normal-type? I don't think we've had that type combination yet so nice to see it's going to become very unique in that matter.
    - Kalos starters have Megas? Something I feel was introduced a generation too late if you ask me.
    - Alola starter middle evos Cowleaf, Smokelote and Hoppop. I personally think Hoppop is a terrible name for a Popplio evo since it sounds too similar to Hoppip.
    - Gyms are staying, but what is this with getting a Bug-type first Gym two generations in a row? It's becoming the new Rock-type of first Gyms if you ask me. A Fire-type second Gym is nice though, so some advantage for those who chose Popplio.
    - Protagonist is apparently the son/daughter of an Elite Four member? That reminds me how much Brendan/May was the child of a Gym Leader, so interesting Hoenn shout-out with that.
    - And speaking of the Alola starters, I was right about Litten being the fast one. All three becoming dual-typed by the second stage is nice, because we haven't had that since Hoenn (not counting Sinnoh and Unova where only the Fire starter gained their additional type before the final stage).
    - Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark and Water/Fairy? Seems to match up with the rumored types in one of the recent leaks, so no wonder that final stage concept art is becoming more real with time.
    - Numel line in the regional Dex as well, which I believe is the first time it's appeared in a regional Dex other than Hoenn (which was its introductory region).
    - Litten and Rowlet evo learning Fake Out and Stealth Rock variants? This is interesting as well.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • What I don't like about the leaked roster of the first two gym leaders is that the bug type gym leader is using two Pokémon from the same family (despite older Bug types already available early in-game) and the fire gym leader's ace Pokémon isn't an Alola Pokémon (it's Camerupt).

Years
  • Thanks for providing the summary info from 4chan. It's always fun to look at the many conflicting "leaks'...minus the racism, misogyny, transphobia, homophobia, and xenophobia.

Years
  • What I don't like about the leaked roster of the first two gym leaders is that the bug type gym leader is using two Pokémon from the same family (despite older Bug types already available early in-game) and the fire gym leader's ace Pokémon isn't an Alola Pokémon (it's Camerupt).

Burgh in B2/W2 Normal Mode used both Swadloon and Leavanny in the same team, and while he had a Whirlipede in B/W it was replaced due to the Venipede line becoming Roxie's ace. But if the first Gym Leader has a Cutiefly in his/her team, that has to imply that Cutiefly is likely catchable early on.

But a Camerupt for the second Gym Leader's ace? Reminds me so much of Misty's Starmie here, and what's the bet it's an underleveled Camerupt since Numel only evolve at Level 33 which is not what second Gym levels are at all.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I hope not to come across as snarky, but to those people who wanted Gym Leaders to remain but they have less than satisfactory Pokemon for your tastes, well...kinda better off of they didn't exist at all if they're going to exist to disappoint.

We've already gone past this issue with the gym leader roster since Gen VI, so it makes little sense now for them to continue making the same mistakes from the early days with so many Pokémon of different types now.

Years
  • We've already gone past this issue with the gym leader roster since Gen VI, so it makes little sense now for them to continue making the same mistakes from the early days with so many Pokémon of different types now.

I think they might be trying to limit it to Pokemon found around the time you encounter that Gym. That's my guess.

Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 17, 2021
    Huh. I'd actually never seen that starter artwork. If that turns out to be true I might have to contemplate starting with Rowlet rather than Litten, the final form of Rowlet is insanely cool. I can't get enough of the fact that it uses it's wing as a bow. Still, I dig the final form of Litten as well. It's definitely going to be a tough decision...

Years
  • The leaker provided sketches of what the evos look like in the thread, but showing them would depend if I'm allowed to link 4chan threads here.

I'm sure you should be fine, since it's really only Serebii that I recall bans discussion involving 4chan. Did you manage to capture any pictures while you were there because I do want to see what the middle starter evos the leaker was talking about.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Years

• That new "Keaheat" actually looks really nice, but looking at the drawings of the starters' middle evos I think I am starting to see a connection to the final evos' concept art that has been floating around for a while. "Hoppop" definitely looks the closest in design to its supposed final evo, and while I can't seem to make as big of a connection to the other two I do notice "Smokelote" has whiskers that are starting to become around the length of its supposed final evo. "Cowleaf" I think seems to cover its face like a hood, maybe hinting to the hood that its final evo develops.

Oh, and it appears someone commented this on the final evos' concept art - "confirmed :-("

No wonder I believed that art was real even when people tried correcting me into thinking it was a fake.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • Hm, a short demo in which we are able to get a mega stone? Sounds suspiciously alike to ORAS ;-)
    But I'd be totally hyped nontheless for a demo. The ORAS demo came out 1 month before the release. So maybe we'll get the same treatment once again? Mid-October hypu?
    The other stuff mentioned in this supposed leak sounds intriguing, but I won't be buying anything non-official. (Although some bits sound cool)

Years
  • Hm, a short demo in which we are able to get a mega stone? Sounds suspiciously alike to ORAS ;-)
    But I'd be totally hyped nontheless for a demo. The ORAS demo came out 1 month before the release. So maybe we'll get the same treatment once again? Mid-October hypu?
    The other stuff mentioned in this supposed leak sounds intriguing, but I won't be buying anything non-official. (Although some bits sound cool)

A demo coming out in October seems feasible, given if Sun & Moon are getting released around the same time that OR/AS did. I do find it weird why Kalos starters had to wait a generation after their introduction to get a Mega, but hopefully we'll find out about more new Megas as we get closer to release, or wait until release day if Game Freak really want to keep them under wraps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back