• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Though I do not ever 100% (and usually not 5%) believe in "leaks", but I like these descriptions!

Little popplio evolving into a beautiful jeweled-teared sea-lion fairy clown just sounds insanely adorable!!!

Fire/Ground Star-nosed mole???? YES, please.
    Poisonous and beautiful slime??? YES, please.
    Any gender difference pokemon??? Yes, please.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • The starters' middle evolutions (Spectrix, Foeline and Pierreo) descriptions seem very likely to also match up with those final evos leaked on the concept art. Kinda odd that Popplio remains pure Water while the other two have secondary types, but maybe Popplio's line doesn't gain the presumed Fairy-type until it's fully-evolved.

Well, if you look at it this way:
    Rowlet-line has the secondary type from the beginning.
    Litten-line gains the secondary type at stage 1.
    Popplio-line gains the secondary type at stage 2.
    Design-wise this is a valid circle/subtheme, so it _could_ make sense.

Otherwise, if this supposed leak is fake, it's very well written and not too farfetched like some others.

Years
  • Well, if you look at it this way:
    Rowlet-line has the secondary type from the beginning.
    Litten-line gains the secondary type at stage 1.
    Popplio-line gains the secondary type at stage 2.
    Design-wise this is a valid circle/subtheme, so it _could_ make sense.

Otherwise, if this supposed leak is fake, it's very well written and not too farfetched like some others.

That is actually an interesting pattern, because I don't recall any starter trios going in that direction. Hoenn had two members gain secondary type in the middle stage while the other didn't, while Unova and Sinnoh was the reverse where only one had the second type with the middle stage, and in Sinnoh's case all gained additional types as of the final stage. Kalos had the trend of being pure-typed in the first two stages and becoming dual-typed in their final stages, and Kanto's only type gain from evolution was Charizard.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I have a new leak which i believe is fake.

Hello guys! I'm in the italian translation team for the game and i'm here with a Couple of useful informatIons for you.

-Rockruff evolves At level 18 intO Silverine (rock/steel) and then into Goldhound if it reaChes level 36 during night, full moon moment.

-Bounsweet evolves at level 23 into JumpitaYa (grass/fire).

-Mudsdale, Bruxish and Drampa Do nOt evolve further.

-Mimikyu evolves by tradiNg.

-Wimpod evolutIons will be reveAled in the next batch.

There arE a lot of 1st generation's references:
    -The gym leaders types are the same of the first games but faCed in a different order.
    -The evil team leader is the last gym leader to face.
    -There are 151 new pokemons.
    -Almost all the Kanto's pokemons can be found in the wild.
    -A fellow colleague tHat works on the npc dIalogue translations said that there is a reference to chAmpion Red from Kanto and his presence in Alola. This dialogue is found in the second pokemon center from a female npc.

-The new fossil duo are a velociRaptor-like pokemon called Quiclaw (rock/electric) and a stegosaurus-like pokemon called Paldont (rock/grass).

-The new evil team is cAlled Team Soul (team anima in the Italian localization). Their leader is called Utoza in the original script (ウトザ). He is called More in the english one and Alchemio in the Italian version.
    -The evil team aim is to forge a new world finding all the ingredients to make a complete transformation of the planet. When encountered the first times, they speak about creating an utopic world, resetting it to its zero point and start it again.

-The Alola champion is a very spiritual young man with long blue and dark violet hair. He seems to have a full ghost type team. His english name is Apollo.
    -Alola is full of ghost type pokemons

-There are two new day phases in the game: full sun (フルサン) and full moon (フルムーン), used to evolve a couple of new pokemons
    -There are no new megaevolutions.

-The next batch will reveal a dark type new pokemon.

Years
  • I believe that one will be fake since it kinda contradicts what some other recent leaks have been saying. I could be right about the no new Megas part though since we haven't seen anything in the trailers hinting at new Megas, and also because they are being pushed to the side in favor of focusing on the new super-powered moves mechanic.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I have a new leak which i believe is fake.

Hello guys! I'm in the italian translation team for the game and i'm here with a Couple of useful informatIons for you.

-Rockruff evolves At level 18 intO Silverine (rock/steel) and then into Goldhound if it reaChes level 36 during night, full moon moment.

-The gym leaders types are the same of the first games but faCed in a different order.
    -A fellow colleague tHat works on the npc dIalogue translations said that there is a reference to chAmpion Red from Kanto and his presence in Alola. This dialogue is found in the second pokemon center from a female npc.

-The new fossil duo are a velociRaptor-like pokemon called Quiclaw (rock/electric) and a stegosaurus-like pokemon called Paldont (rock/grass).

-The new evil team is cAlled Team Soul (team anima in the Italian localization). Their leader is called Utoza in the original script (ウトザ). He is called More in the english one and Alchemio in the Italian version.
    -The evil team aim is to forge a new world finding all the ingredients to make a complete transformation of the planet. When encountered the first times, they speak about creating an utopic world, resetting it to its zero point and start it again.

-The Alola champion is a very spiritual young man with long blue and dark violet hair. He seems to have a full ghost type team. His english name is Apollo.

-There are two new day phases in the game: full sun (フルサン) and full moon (フルムーン), used to evolve a couple of new pokemons

Saw this leak yesterday night. It's obviously a fake because of the hidden messages from those randomly capitalized letters.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • That leak has got to be the most disappointing one to me thus far, so I'm glad that it's likely 99.9% fake. Yes, it's the 20th Anniversary, but I don't feel like having Kanto being shoved down my throat for the umpteenth time. The evil team's plot sounds way too similar to ORAS!Aqua, Galactic, and Flare combined. And mostly Ghost-types inhabiting Alola? Out of the 24-26 Pokemon we already know about, only two of them are Ghost-types. Not only that, but having an over-abundance of one particular type sounds really REALLY boring.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • This is a cool thread.

While I agree that this leak seems fake as all get out, there is a mix of obvious indications, troublesome predictions, and cool ideas.

I'd love to see a competitively viable Fire/Grass type, because it cancels two of Fire's weaknesses and three of grass's, leaving just Rock, Poison and Flying. I'm fairly certain that Bounsweet will be in the Fairy egg group, and that group doesn't have a fire type in it yet (although Pikachu extends to some fire types with the Field group), so that could open up some sweet potential for egg moves and Fairy group characteristics - the group tends to have a lot of priority moves, high base speed, and robust support options, as an example.

Seeing almost all of Kanto's mons would be troublesome, particularly because I'm steadfast in my hope that Kangaskhan will not be in the Alola regional dex. For VGC 2017 reasons.

Quiclaw sounds really, really cool and would have a pretty sweet offensive typing. If it got stuff like Fake Out I could imagine it seeing some usage in competitive play. But its name bearing so much resemblance to an item makes it sound like a fakemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    That leak has got to be the most disappointing one to me thus far, so I'm glad that it's likely 99.9% fake. Yes, it's the 20th Anniversary, but I don't feel like having Kanto being shoved down my throat for the umpteenth time. The evil team's plot sounds way too similar to ORAS!Aqua, Galactic, and Flare combined. And mostly Ghost-types inhabiting Alola? Out of the 24-26 Pokemon we already know about, only two of them are Ghost-types. Not only that, but having an over-abundance of one particular type sounds really REALLY boring.

So with you. That leak makes Sun/Moon sound like a generic XY retread, right down to the forced, awkward Gen 1 references. If that's all Sun/Moon were going to be, then it would've been better to just make a Zygarde game instead.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I think that's fake as well.
    Sure it would be cool if Bounsweet evolved into a Grass/Fire, but there aren't any evidences in its design that might point us to that secondary typing.
    Although it's Pokémon's 20th anniversary, I don't think GF will put THAT many Kanto caracteristics in the Alola Region. Another thing that sounds really fake is Alola being full of ghost type Pokémon. It just doesn't feel right because, as WingsofBliss said, from the 24 Pokémon we know, only two of them are Ghost- Types. It also doens't seem challenging having a Champion with a full team of ghost types. Sure we had Lance with lots of dragon type Pokémon on its team, but besides that, I don't recall any other champion to have a full team of a specific type. So, I'm guessing that's not going to happen.
    About the evil team .. their goal actually reminded me of the video Hikamaru posted, about Sun and Moon being the last Pokémon games (I don't actually believe that). Their goal is to reset the world and start over again, with the right ingredients? (alchemy reference? IDK) , which looks like what that youtuber said: "Pokémon will need a reboot" ... Like, reseting all of this, and start over again. Team Soul also reminded me of Team Galactic, whose goal was to create a whole new world.
    About the new day fases, full moon fase would be cool, but what the hell is a full sun? Sounds really fake...

So yeah, I'm 99% sure this is fake xD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So with you. That leak makes Sun/Moon sound like a generic XY retread, right down to the forced, awkward Gen 1 references. If that's all Sun/Moon were going to be, then it would've been better to just make a Zygarde game instead.

But then Meloetta would complain about Game Freak being too predictable for making a Z version, as he was rather happy that we got Sun and Moon instead. If there's anything I learn about forums in the past, it's that the most vocal commoners are the most respected. I would also like to hear your thoughts on the previous leak before this one (the one with the middle evolutions of the starters).

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm calling fake on that leak.

I do think we will get a lot of references, but not to just gen 1, but all gens.

Also I'm calling 151 new pokemon, but other then that I don't think they'd go that far.

I'm also leaning towards no gyms, but we will know if this is true by the end of this month it seems.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    That leak is soooooooooooooooooooooooo fake I'm laughing at it XD.

First, I don't wan't even more Kanto Pokemon shoved down my throat. I understand it's the 20th anniversary of Pokemon, but that's it. It's the anniversary of Pokemon AS A WHOLE. ( "It all comes together" anyone?) If they're going to include more Pokemon, get some from the other regions. I like to have a nice variety of regional Pokemon like in Black2/White2. I understand that Pokemon started with Gen 1 and if it didn't get popular we would not have the other generations, but they are just as vital to Pokemon's success throughout the years. It would be an insult to ONLY have Kanto references everywhere with no hint of a care for the other Generations.

Second: There is a lot of legal issues with this leak that it boggles my mind. How did this get out even? Before you leave/enter a company( especially a big one) you have to sign a legal document of non-disclosure. For Pokemon, if you work as a translator, I suspect the same thing to follow. You can't just leak information about the new Pokemon game on your own, not only would you be legally reprimanded. I'm sure there would be a huge fiasco about the leaks coming out.

Third: Other people have stated this on this thread, but I'll say it too: Where are dem Ghost types even? XD. We got like what..one?( Not including Lunaala because...Legendary). This makes no sense. Granted, we could have more ghost Pokemon that we haven't seen that are living in abandoned buildings/graveyards like in the trailer, but that's very unlikely as the trailer is not final.A Champion with Ghost Types is not a bad idea, but they are so weak to their own type I don't see how they could buff it up.

Lastly, the only thing and I mean THE ONLY THING I could buy from this leak is the Rockruff Pokemon Evolution, but that has to be fake as this came out after the Pokemon's dex entry was released. For all we know, he could have easily made this up.

I should've stopped looking at Pokemon Sun/Moon news earlier so I wouldn't have to see these stupid "leaks", but I can't. It's too tempting not to speculate XD.

Years
  • Seeing almost all of Kanto's mons would be troublesome, particularly because I'm steadfast in my hope that Kangaskhan will not be in the Alola regional dex. For VGC 2017 reasons.

Based on the fact that older Pokemon that appeared in XY trailers were all part of the Kalos regional Dex, I'm speculating that every older Pokemon that appeared in SM trailers will also be in the Alola regional Dex. Kangaskhan was shown in one of the trailers (I think it was shown battling against Bruxish to showcase its new Dazzling ability) so don't be surprised if it ends up being in the regional Dex.

Also, since Megas aren't the focus of this generation anymore (at least in the story) there's the chance Game Freak may focus on nerfing some of the overpowered Megas.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Based on the fact that older Pokemon that appeared in XY trailers were all part of the Kalos regional Dex, I'm speculating that every older Pokemon that appeared in SM trailers will also be in the Alola regional Dex. Kangaskhan was shown in one of the trailers (I think it was shown battling against Bruxish to showcase its new Dazzling ability) so don't be surprised if it ends up being in the regional Dex.

I'm in agreement with this, but the mon in the scene you're referring to is a Pikachu. Other people have mentioned this when I talked about my hopes for the dex, and pointed to that same scene. I haven't found a Kangaskhan in the trailers I reviewed - maybe help me out here if you catch a minute?

Years
  • I'm in agreement with this, but the mon in the scene you're referring to is a Pikachu. Other people have mentioned this when I talked about my hopes for the dex, and pointed to that same scene. I haven't found a Kangaskhan in the trailers I reviewed - maybe help me out here if you catch a minute?

I'm sure Pikachu appeared in the English version of the trailer that showed Bruxish's ability. There was a slightly different trailer of it released in Japan where Kangaskhan appeared instead of Pikachu.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • I'm sure Pikachu appeared in the English version of the trailer that showed Bruxish's ability. There was a slightly different trailer of it released in Japan where Kangaskhan appeared instead of Pikachu.

I see what you mean -_-

Hope you're right about the megas being nerfed, Hikamaru.

Years
  • I see what you mean -_-

Hope you're right about the megas being nerfed, Hikamaru.

I'm also hoping the leak Pinkie shared mentioning starters + Yungoos evolutions and four other new Pokemon are true since those descriptions look like something that would come from the official site. But then again, even if Monday's trailer proves it fake at least it'll be remembered as a fake that was well-written.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I have a new leak which i believe is fake.

I guess We'll find out if it's fake in two days although I'm already sure it's fake. I wouldn't mind a bunch of ghost types, but we've seen 1 so far which isn't many. Compared to the amount of Bug/Electric types we have, I don't see ghost being the most common even if it is too early to tell.

Also most of this information is really random.

And finally "Quiclaw" If this is real, then they are doing less creative names then my fakemon have at this point which is bad. Whoever made just just took an item and removed a few letters.

Years
  • I personally think the leak Pinkie shared will be more likely to be real than the one Riley shared, because the latter's description of Rockruff's evolution seems to contradict its description on the official site. Bounsweet also doesn't have anything that hints to a part-Fire evolution and I also don't want 1st Gen nostalgia being shoved down my face again.

I'm siding with Pinkie for this one, but we'll see if either leak is confirmed fake come Monday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back