• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favorite evolution?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    MAGMORTAR ;____;

gamefreek y u do dis to my magmar

Also I've never really been a fan of Rhydon > Rhyperior; while an evolution there is cool, I just... don't like Rhyperior's design. Particularly its head. It's too... boxy? I dunno, just looks weird. Otherwise I really think I'm pretty okay with most of the evolutions, especially that long list of evolutions towards the end of the DPPt 'dex. Yanmega and Togekiss and Dusknoir and Tangrowth and Magnezone and ehhh all the rest of them pretty much are awesome in my eyes. :)

(>-.-)>

2122wolf

3rd Generation Journeyman
    Years
  • I have to say that I was really really disappointed with Sceptile. Grovyle was a really awesome looking pokemon and then it had to become that hideously fugly thing. I still think Sceptile and Grovyle should've been switched around in order and Grovyle should've become a grass / flying type. Disappointing. . .

Espinight

That Dutch Guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    Lickilicky. It's not that bad of a Pokémon, but it looks kinda retarded in comparison to Lickitung. Not really defining that "Pokemon grow and get stronger" theme.
    So yeah, I prefer Lickitung by far.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • I remember watching the rise of darkrai and a guy got turned into one of those. I found it pretty funny. The in game stats rather than the design is what bothers me however because it has some fairly nice moves it can learn.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    There are probably worse ones, but the only one I can think of right now is Samurott. I absolutely love Dewott (I don't like Oshawott though), I love its design, he's not cute overload, and his concept is really nice. Samurott on the other hand looks like a whole different species - the colour has changed completely, it has a weird moustache instead of whiskers, and it looks like a dog because it's suddenly on all fours. I just don't get the whole evolution, and they ruined the potential Dewott had.

And actually, I actually LOVE Lickilicky and Tangrowth. I don't like Lickitung all that much because he's gross, and Lickilicky is cute because he's so fat. I like Tangela and Tangrowth is basically just a bigger version of him with huge arms, which I like.

Last edited:

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
  • For me its Feraligatr. Totodile is so Awesome then once it evolves it becomes an overweight Crocodile with no potential :(

Years
  • Design-wise, Garbodor. Hate this guy out not only Unova Pokemon, but all of them.

Battle-wise, Abomasnow and Exeggutor. Nice designs, but a ton of weaknesses.

Also, I'll mention Archeops cos of it having drawn the short straw and being given Defeatist, the worst-ever ability in Pokemon. Come on, Nintendo and Game Freak, there are much better abilities!

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Purugly was a weird evo, but Probopass is probably the one of the ugliest pokemon that Game Freak has ever come up with. (Garbodor is on par)

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Purugly was a weird evo, but Probopass is probably the one of the ugliest pokemon that Game Freak has ever come up with. (Garbodor is on par)
    Can't agree more on Probopass. I mean come on.
    Spoiler:

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Probopass is ugly? I mean, come on, they can look awesome too!
    Spoiler:

On-topic, my least favorite evolution is Lickilicky. Too absurd if you ask me. They can do it much better than this for Lickitung. Also Magmotar hand cannon and Magnezone UFO shape. Although I can forgive Magnezone UFO shape after seeing how awesome Cyrus is when ride on a Magnezone.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Probopass is ugly? I mean, come on, they can look awesome too!
    Spoiler:

On-topic, my least favorite evolution is Lickilicky. Too absurd if you ask me. They can do it much better than this for Lickitung. Also Magmotar hand cannon and Magnezone UFO shape. Although I can forgive Magnezone UFO shape after seeing how awesome Cyrus is when ride on a Magnezone.
    That looks ridiculous imo lol, I find those little nosepass kind of things cute, but it's his face that just makes it look .. off.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I have to say that I was really really disappointed with Sceptile. Grovyle was a really awesome looking pokemon and then it had to become that hideously fugly thing. I still think Sceptile and Grovyle should've been switched around in order and Grovyle should've become a grass / flying type. Disappointing. . .

This. Yes. Yes. Yes. Sceptile was such a let-down after the two awesome Pokemon before it.

Other than that, I'm not a fan of Probopass. I just don't get how that's meant to be an evolution... slightly bigger with a moustache? Really?

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Purugly. It just ruins Glameow's beauty--and even though strength is needed, Purugly is just too ugly.

Miaka

Forever alone
    Years
  • but Probopass is probably the one of the ugliest pokemon that Game Freak has ever come up with.

Yes yes especially mustache

My favorite evolution is Yanmega, I always hated Yanma from the anime cuz it's annoying. But then when I saw Yanmega I said "it looks awesome does the annoying Yanma evolving into that??!
    It's shocking me after that I loved Yanma

Last edited:

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • Purugly. I loathed them simply because I couldn't beat Mars' with my under-leveled Shellos...

Hey, everyone stop hating on Probopass! How can you not be epic with a mustache of that tier of awesomeness?

Back