• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favorite New Pokemon Evolution

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2015
    Well...in every generation we get new evolutions for all kind of pokemons...
    some of them already have evolutions and some of them dont have any evolutions..
    but everyone has that Certain pokemon that is ruined for him Because of its new evoltuion.

For example :
    when the pokemon series just strated in gen 1 , two of my Favorite pokemons were rhyhorn and rhydon,
    there were just awesome pokemons at the time...
    and then , they Decided to add a stage 2 evolution for pokemon that Clearly Known for only one evolution stage, - rhyperior.
    why??
    they just took a classic pokemon and ruined it...
    rhyperior is Ridiculous, its look like someone Combined an american football player with ryhdon
    4ogikuznthdv.png

lol... its just look perrty funny to me.
    and its Definitely ruined that pokemon for me...
    just miss the old days when rhyperior wasn't around you know..

anyways...so what is your least favorite new pokemon evolution thats ruined you a Certain pokemon that you love so much?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • My least favorite... is this thing.

467.png

I mean sure I know Magmar is strange looking but it went from being a duck eternally on fire to being some kind of strange hell clown. WHAT IS THIS MONSTROSITY!?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I like a lot of new Pokémon evolutions, especially the ones in Sinnoh. Shouldn't this also count the evolutions in Johto, by the way? :0

If I were to pick one, it'll have be Probopass. It's actually more how annoying it is in battle than it is its design. Yes, it has a strange design, but not as strange as its pre-evolution.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, a lot of the gen 4 ones actually. I agree about Magmortar and Probopass, those are just plain ugly and don't add much to their prevos.

Also Tangrowth! They could have created a Tarzan like creature but instead they opted for not-flying spaghetti monster.

I really like Rhyperior though. It looks like a good, extra bulky step onwards from Rhydon. I should get one in a RP already!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Well...in every generation we get new evolutions for all kind of pokemons...
    some of them already have evolutions and some of them dont have any evolutions..
    but everyone has that Certain pokemon that is ruined for him Because of its new evoltuion.

For example :
    when the pokemon series just strated in gen 1 , two of my Favorite pokemons were rhyhorn and rhydon,
    there were just awesome pokemons at the time...
    and then , they Decided to add a stage 2 evolution for pokemon that Clearly Known for only one evolution stage, - rhyperior.
    why??
    they just took a classic pokemon and ruined it...
    rhyperior is Ridiculous, its look like someone Combined an american football player with ryhdon
    4ogikuznthdv.png

lol... its just look perrty funny to me.
    and its Definitely ruined that pokemon for me...
    just miss the old days when rhyperior wasn't around you know..

anyways...so what is your least favorite new pokemon evolution thats ruined you a Certain pokemon that you love so much?

RHYPERIOR IS AWESOME YOU-

Least favourite evolution? Probably Lickilicky or Glaceon. They look stupid to the max.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One of those Pokémon that I dislike a little appearance-wise, in comparison to its pre-evolution, is Roserade.

Although its body structure and all are nice, but what puts me off regarding this Pokémon is its hair, which is white. If you ask me, seeing the color on it like this seems to be rather out-of-place in my eyes, causing me not to grow fond. If these hair were, say, dark-green, I feel things would have been much better for it.

Though, I do like Roserade when it comes to battling and whatnot; in terms of this, the Pokémon seemingly has some great capabilities (have used it before, and it was definitely fun to utilize).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The majority of the Generation IV evolutions were actualy in favour for me, most of the Pokemon that received them sort of needed them IMO. The only one I have an issue with is Ambipom, I'm not sure why but it's just not as creative as the likes of Froslass or Mismagius.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I agree with the op 100% rhyperior design wise is a disgrace to rhydon imo. It's so mismatched and childish it makes me sad.

Years
  • Rhyperior and Magmortar for me.

I mean, most of the new evolutions I was rather "meh" about, and that actually applies to the two I listed; they just happen to be the most meh. Rhyperior might have looked better to me had it not had that orange (seriously, that orange does not mix well with that gray to me), and Magmortar....the hands. The hands bug me. Why.

Although honorable mention to Lickilicky because just...no.

Years
  • Lickylicky is my least favorite. Every time I look at it I think it looks like a freaken palony pokemon. Probpass was also rubbish with that freaken moustache.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • One of those Pokémon that I dislike a little appearance-wise, in comparison to its pre-evolution, is Roserade.

Although its body structure and all are nice, but what puts me off regarding this Pokémon is its hair, which is white. If you ask me, seeing the color on it like this seems to be rather out-of-place in my eyes, causing me not to grow fond. If these hair were, say, dark-green, I feel things would have been much better for it.

Though, I do like Roserade when it comes to battling and whatnot; in terms of this, the Pokémon seemingly has some great capabilities (have used it before, and it was definitely fun to utilize).
    The "hair" on Roserade's head is actually giant white rose petals. Its head is basically a giant rose. It's not entirely the most dumb looking evolution here, especially when it's wearing a scarf.

And good god I forgot about Lickylicky and Ambipom. Especially Ambipom; that thing looks horrendous.

Years
  • To be fair- adding the Oakland Raiders to anything is bound to make it a disaster ;)

As for myself, I found a lot of the new evolutions added in Gen IV very polarizing- I either loved them or hated them, with very few falling in the middle of that spectrum. The ones that stand out to me as the worst though were Rhyperior, Lickylicky, Tangrowth, and Probopass (not that I liked Nosepass anyway).

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Rhyperior is the biggest turd anyone could have every imagined. I hope it's Rhydon that eventually gets a Mega and not Rhyperior. Rhyperior sucks so bad, I'd make a fund for them all to be able to be put out of their misery by Nurse Joy.

And Magnezone. As much as People hated Magneton, Magnezone just looks kind of stupid to me.

Years
  • Gen 4, new evolutions

Love
    Roserade
    Blissey
    Froslass
    Weavile

Yanmega
    Gliscor
    Glaceon/Leafeon
    Mamoswine
    Gallade
    Dusknoir

Meh
    Electrivire
    Magmortar
    Togekiss (one of those pokemon everyone loves but I don't)
    Rhyperior
    Magnezone
    Porygon-Z

Hate
    Licklicki
    Tangrowth
    Probopass

If you give:
    +2 points for pokemon I loved.
    +1 points for pokemon I like.
    -1 points for pokemon I meh'd.
    -2 points for pokemon I hate.

You get 0.

I at least like most pokemon, so on average it wasn't successful in gen 4, though there are some good designs that came out of it.

Gen 2

Love:
    Kingdra
    Crobat
    Bellossom
    Espeon

Like:
    Politoed
    Umbreon
    Slowking
    Scizor
    Steelix

Meh:
    Hitmontop

Gen 2 did a great job, much better and simpler yet effective designs with the evolutionary upgrades. Some of the gen 4 ones seem to be geared toward the 4 year old that thinks giant super cool bulky designs are like awesome and stuff. The designs generally, compared to other pokemon designs, don't really feel authentic.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • I agree about Rhyperior, beyond disliking the design it just doesn't fit in with the rest of that evolution chain, at all. Just what.

I also wasn't really fond of Licklicky or Magmortar, and I didn't like either of Mewtwo's mega evolutions.

Years
  • As i've mentioned before, I like most of the new evolutions that were present in later generations, but Lickilicky and Probopass are still at the bottom for me. I don't hate most of them, like Magmortar or even Tangrowth, but those former two are just not appealing to me whatsoever.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I really like Nosepass and the Easter Island moai theme it has going on. I don't like how they just evolved it into a Mario parody. If you don't know how to evolve a Pokémon don't evolve them at all....

Lickilicky is another I'm not that fond about. I don't get why they made the most integral part of Lickitung (his tongue) smaller when he evolved.

Now that I think about it, Ambipom is another I don't really get. The design looks really awkward.

Last edited:
    Back