• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favourite Gen VII Pokemon?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My least favourite Pokemon from this gen is Charjabug, hands down. I never liked its design to begin with, I didn't like how Waterproof praised it as the best Pokemon ever, it evolving at the very last island in the game didn't help it, and its evolution being a special attacker while the others are more physically oriented didn't do it much justice either. But I still had some tolerance for it, until my bad experiences with it at the fifth trial. Now I can't stand this Pokemon anymore.

Are there any Pokemon from Gen VII that you don't like?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Probably Solgaleo, Bewear or Togedemaru, although Bewear has grown on me a little. (the first episode of the anime helped)

Cosmoem is another odd one since it's a cocoon Pokemon....but I don't really dislike it or anything, it's just there. I do appreciate it being both one of the tiniest and one of the heaviest Pokemon though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Bewear just has an atrocious design that I can't warm to which is a shame because Stuffull is just adorable. It also doesn't help that it possibly has the worst cry of all. Fake red panda.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • Bruxish, hands down. Whoever thought it was a good idea to give this thing shark-like teeth and a drag queen-esque face needs to seriously re-evaluate their design choices. It's just so ugly! A Pokémon based on the reef triggerfish, or the humuhumunukunukuāpuaʻa, was such a neat concept. After all, it's Hawaii's most famous fish. It's just a shame that it was so poorly executed. I just can't get myself to like this thing at all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    hmm probably oricorio I knew the moment I saw it it was just a gimmick. The typings are cool and the idea behind it is interesting but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. It just isn't very good stat wise. Instead of making four designs and typings of a bird that isn't that good why not just make one good bird?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Whatever the Ultra Beasts end up being, with those stats, they're just glorified legendary pokemon to me, and took up spots that could have been given to regular pokemon. For all the hype pre-game, they didn't do much during the main storyline either. Can't say I'm a fan of 'em.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Whatever the Ultra Beasts end up being, with those stats, they're just glorified legendary pokemon to me, and took up spots that could have been given to regular pokemon. For all the hype pre-game, they didn't do much during the main storyline either. Can't say I'm a fan of 'em.

THIS. We could have just gotten more new NORMAL Pokemon instead ..

Years
  • Rockruff line overall. Never grow to like it ever since the game came out. imo he just pandering an underated type with a cool furry bait pokemon design.

Years
  • Bewear just has an atrocious design that I can't warm to which is a shame because Stuffull is just adorable. It also doesn't help that it possibly has the worst cry of all. Fake red panda.

yeah gonna have to agree with this, bewear totally ruined stuffull's chances of being on my team, it was so cute but bewear is just horrendous. close second is probably the gimmicks wishiwashi and oricorio

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • All of the Ultra Beasts are awful :( I also do not like Bewear, Rowlett's evolution line, Incinaroar (sic), and Bruxish.

Years
  • I actually love every design of this generation but if I had to choose a least fave, it'd probably be the Ultra Beasts Guzzlord and Buzzwole. UB's were hyped up a lot and ended up being a disappointment, but I liked most of the designs except for those two.

Also, what's with all the Bewear hate? It never did anything wrong.

Years
  • I actually love every design of this generation but if I had to choose a least fave, it'd probably be the Ultra Beasts Guzzlord and Buzzwole. UB's were hyped up a lot and ended up being a disappointment, but I liked most of the designs except for those two.

Also, what's with all the Bewear hate? It never did anything wrong.

I think It because people expected Stufull to evole into something cute or majestic since It look like a stuff toy and Bewear for most people taste didn't like his design...( you can see alot of people compare Bewear to pedobear on the internet) Probrably the same problem Delphox and Incineroar have with Braixen and Torracat because their middle evolution are more popular than their final evolution.

Years
  • I think It because people expected Stufull to evole into something cute or majestic since It look like a stuff toy and Bewear for most people taste didn't like his design...( you can see alot of people compare Bewear to pedobear on the internet) Probrably the same problem Delphox and Incineroar have with Braixen and Torracat because their middle evolution are more popular than their final evolution.

Remember that Bewear was officially revealed before Stufful was.

Sirfetch’d

Probably Turtonator. It's so bad in comparison to the other dragons that we got this gen and it's stats are pretty disappointing as well. Other than that though, I don't really dislike any of the Alola mons, including the UBs.

Years
  • Remember that Bewear was officially revealed before Stufful was.

Yup your right! Bewear was revealed before stufful. The Bewear hate is mostly the same as the delphox and incineroar hate, because you mostly see things like " Stufful is so cute! Why does it have to evolve into a ugly pedobear rip off?!", " i'm glad we don't have another fire/fighting type starter in gen 6, but why does the final evolution of fennekin is so ugly?!" and " why do we have another fire starter on two feet?! Torracat is awesome and now we have a stupid fire/dark tiger who look like a fire fighting.".

Anyway, to make it simple, people love some pokemon for how they look design wise!

Years
  • Crabominable because of his awful typing and his wierd derp like face I liked his pre-evolution much more What is this monster some Kind of Yeti-crab?

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    My least favourite Pokemon from this gen is Charjabug, hands down. I never liked its design to begin with, I didn't like how Waterproof praised it as the best Pokemon ever, it evolving at the very last island in the game didn't help it, and its evolution being a special attacker while the others are more physically oriented didn't do it much justice either. But I still had some tolerance for it, until my bad experiences with it at the fifth trial. Now I can't stand this Pokemon anymore.

Are there any Pokemon from Gen VII that you don't like?

so its kind of like a bug/electric hydregon with weaker stats. I remember going atck on my hydreigon lower evelutions, and when the thing evolved i was all....WTF....i should have focused special?

Years
  • Crabominable because of his awful typing and his wierd derp like face I liked his pre-evolution much more What is this monster some Kind of Yeti-crab?

It's based on a yeti crab, with some abominable snowman traits thrown in. Plus it's the only new Ice-type of this generation when you don't count the Alolan Forms.

Back