• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Legit mew on pokemon yellow?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2015
    Hey all

forgive me if this is not in the right place. I didn't really know where to post.

I recently bought a pokemon yellow game from eBay as I like to collect the old games and stuff... and it has a mew on it.
    I've been told its a legit event mew but I'm not sure how to tell.

The ID number is: 21351 and it says OT/UK

I think it's legit but I'd like confirmation as if I ever was to sell this game on then I wouldn't want be advertise it as legit when it isn't.

Thanks in advance :)

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Hey all

forgive me if this is not in the right place. I didn't really know where to post.

I recently bought a pokemon yellow game from eBay as I like to collect the old games and stuff... and it has a mew on it.
    I've been told its a legit event mew but I'm not sure how to tell.

The ID number is: 21351 and it says OT/UK

I think it's legit but I'd like confirmation as if I ever was to sell this game on then I wouldn't want be advertise it as legit when it isn't.

Thanks in advance :)
    It's probably somewhar legit. There were several glitches back than allowing you to get it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2018
    The cart used at official events to generate Mew could set the OT name and number. There are several ways to exploit glitches to get one too. Unless somebody has a list of the own IDs and names for every event it's not possible to verify.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    There are quite a few ways to "cheat" the game and get Mew, most of them are easy glitches that allow you to catch him. I know that at some point there was a give away for a Mew for the original games (at least, I'm sure there was). I don't know how you could tell either or, but there must be some difference allowing you to differentiate between what was the "Legit" Mew and "Glitch" Mew.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    I don't think its legit as the cartridge is European and the event near got there

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I don't think its legit as the cartridge is European and the event near got there

Actually there were two UK Mew Events in 2000.
    ----------------------------------------
    It could easily be legit, because although most RBY Mew were obtained by glitch, it's still caught in-game and (IMO) legit.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2018
    The only difference you can use to tell if it might be from an event is the OT name and ID, but no idea if there's a list online of the ones used at the different events.

That doesn't prevent somebody from altering their save data either. In colors and metals there isn't a clear indicator. You could even say the likelihood of getting a max-DV or shiny Mew from an event was so low it could be an indicator, except there is still a possibility of it happening. Multiples though? That would be bogus ;*)

Wouldn't worry about it honestly. It isn't going to be some massive selling point.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2015
    Ah thanks for all the replies guys. I'd like to hope that it was legit but I guess you never really know... I'll just pretend to myself that it is :)
    It's a shame as I'd hope it was. Not into hacks and glitches myself. If i do re-sell it I'll just say that I was told it was legit and if anyone wants to try and figure it for themselves then they can!

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    Hmmm
    It's legit, but only can catched by a bug in game lol
    But not hack :)

Back