• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Clean

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Let's Clean

.....Actually let's not, I don't like cleaning.

My mom is the kind of person where if it hasn't been cleaned since 3 days ago it needs to get cleaned again. And then I'm like if it doesn't look like someone took a shit on it, it's fine. Not saying I'm a slob with junk lying around everywhere, I like stuff to be organized, more or less, I just don't wanna clean it unless it's necessary.

Shut up I know I'm lazy

I never liked wiping or mopping (those Swiffer mop pad things are shit btw don't use them); all it does it spread the dirt and dust around, so nothing is getting done. Vacuuming is alright because it actually looks like something's getting done.

I spent (part of) the last 2 summers cleaning the local schools, which is great for someone who doesn't like to clean. Lotta desk-wiping and furniture moving, some bathroom scrubbing and floor vacuuming. Also don't ask me to clean your lights, I will break them.

And to the people with children: please tell them to stop drawing on the desks, that shit doesn't come off easy. That and stickers and tape too.

K guys, your turn now, make words appear on the page =)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I vacuum my room every 2 weeks and that's all the cleaning I do. I should really consider dusting though because I have a lot of electronics and video game cases and random figurines that just collect dust on my shelves.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I suck at cleaning. Like, my mind just can't seem to get around to it. I do try to clean up my small messes and stuff. Though, when it comes to stuff like mopping or something, my mind just... yeah. It's really hard for me. D: My mom isn't like most moms who needs everything to be spotless, but she does try to keep things tidy enough so the house isn't like a huge pigpen or anything.

Years
    I hate cleaning but I realise it is a necessity and help out with it when I am asked to and as much as I hate cleaning I like people to be responsive for their own mess - me included.

I try to keep my room relatively tidy and avoid leaving mess around the house. Apart from that I help with tidying the house, doing the dishes, taking out rubbish and sweeping/vacuuming/mopping. I like the house looking clean, but I'm not like those insane people who expect perfection. A house that is too clean just feels sterile and inhospitable.

Years
    While i'm not opposed to cleaning my dorm room, I just never really occur to getting around to it. But when I do, I have to sweep under some hard to reach areas where there's dust and that's an annoyance. But we have to clean different parts of our suite as instructed...

pkmin3033

Clutter is just the sign of a brilliant mind. It might LOOK messy, but I know exactly where everything is and like having things immediately to hand, because the second I put them away I need them again.

...those are my excuses reasons for only cleaning my bedroom once a year on average. I frequently run the hoover over the floor in the front room, as it needs doing weekly and I'm the one who spends the most time in there, but otherwise I'm not much of a cleaner. It's my mother who obsessively cleans the house from top to bottom whenever we've got company coming, and my father who does the nastier jobs of the kitchen and the bathroom.

Years
    Clutter is just the sign of a brilliant mind. It might LOOK messy, but I know exactly where everything is and like having things immediately to hand, because the second I put them away I need them again.

Ive never understood people who put things away that they use on a daily basis.

I like keeping things neat and nice, but I detest cleaning and tidying for its own sake rather than because somethings dirty or messy.

Technically its good to get some exposure to dirt/germs to boost your immune system lol.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I keep my flat mostly clean so I don't have to worry about mega cleaning projects later on. I occasionally hoover and such like, but a lot of the time there's no real need. My flat stays clean because I don't let dirt settle.

Sir Codin

I don't really like to clean, but sometimes it's necessary.

I clean everywhere in my apartment once a week. Except for my bedroom. That I just keep a pigstie until it becomes unbearable even to me. I really should change that habit though, but meh, I'm still in college.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    When I have the energy for it, I actually really enjoy cleaning. It feels refreshing to look at a clean house. I guess it's different for everyone but I like cleanliness. My room can get quite cluttered during the week but it's never "dirty." And if it does get dirty, I will clean it and make sure to upkeep it.

I dislike mopping the most though. Just a pain to get the mop and bucket out. I need to invest into one of those swiffers with the water sprayer bits. I just have an oldschool mop and bucket. It's probably why I hate it so much. Most of the time I "mop" japanese style with a muslin cloth and some hot soapy water using my hands. My kitchen and bathroom are small so doing it this way actually takes less time than busting out the mop.

Bits I do hate cleaning are like.. inside corners of things like the windowpanes because mine aren't doubleglazed and places like under the sink, the trim around the staircase.. etc.

Last edited:
    Years
    I like finding spots for everything, especially chargers, cords, and game systems just need to be organized around the TV in a certain way so it's convenient.

I prefer keeping everything clean and organized or I go crazy. I am naturally pretty messy so I have to be a bit more structured than most people.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I have a load of laundry sitting in the dryer that's been there for 6 hours, and an unmade bed. If that doesn't answer your question, I honestly don't know what will.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    When I was younger, I absolutely dreaded cleaning anything. As I grew up, something changed in my mind, and now I don't like living in a mess. Every day, I do some cleaning to maintain the house and keep it looking neat. Once a week, I do a better clean of everything to start the week with a clean slate. Also, the vacuuming and laundry is done once a week.

At work, I'm really ridiculously clean. Every spare second I have is devoted to organizing paperwork or wiping down counters.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I really hate things being a mess and I'm one of those people who just like to clean on the sight of my room being a mess, or things that need to washed or whatever.
    Maybe it's because I live in a household where my mum didn't want to see a single sock lying around on the floor.
    If I live in a clean environment, I naturally work better so I do take a lot of time to clean my mess up.
    I have friends who flat, and 90% of their place is an absolute mess. I like going there, but I don't think I could live there since it's so messy all the time.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I hate cleaning. But when I do clean I can't stand half-assing it or being lazy. If I'm cleaning something, I'm on all fours with some clear and a scrub brush. And then when I clean carpet, curtains, etc. I use a hand sweeper. I have to empty it every 5 or 10 minutes, but I'm definitely getting every little thing clean. I clean the entirety of the house top to bottom maybe once or twice a year, but I clean my bathroom and kitchen about once a month, maybe twice if I really feel like it or if it really gets dirty. I hate clutter and I hate living in a pig sty and I don't like to but I will clean and I will keep the place clean if it gets too messy.

Also Mr Clean Magic Erasers are like, magic. They clean just about everything and they just make things a lot easier. That stain that's been on the sink for 12 years and you have no idea what it is or where it came from and nothing has ever gotten it off? Magic eraser. Bam.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I love to clean!! When everything around me is clean I feel so comfortable and relaxed. I keep my room pretty clean all the time as it's my own personal space so I want it to be a place I can completely relax in. My favorite thing to do is vacuum. Idk why I love the sounds of the vacuum crinkling when it sucks up dust/whatever. My least favorite thing to do is wash dishes. I don't have a dish washer so I have to do it by hand and I LOATHE every aspect of it. I've been pretty tidy my whole life except when I was so young that I barely remember it.

Years
    If something looks like it can pass as "tidy enough", then I'll tend to put off actually cleaning it for a bit.

I don't hate cleaning, but I'm not too fond of doing it either. I'm lazy. I tend to put it off until the point I look at something and I'm like "ehh, yeah that's too much I should clean", or until I realize I should take care of things before too much longer (the latter more for stuff like dishes, really).

Also, usually I don't clean until spotless. I clean until it looks good (...except for dishes. those get cleaned all the way).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm one of those people who would clean everything at work but nothing at home. :') I swear sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who cleans the daily things that need to be cleaned in the store and then I just think "this must be how mom feels whenever she continuously sees the same thing dirty".

That said I really need to clean my room when I have the time. I just really haven't had the time because of work (cleaning, no less haha) to really dedicate myself to doing so. So sadly my room hasn't been vacuumed or anything in a while sigh.

Also it's a lot easier to mop if you sweep the dust and such beforehand. Just saying.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    I'm currently in college, and unlike my roommate, I find myself to be a bit of a neat freak... I honestly cannot stand people who can't keep things tidy and organized lol.

Back