• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Living dex - have you ever completed one?

Years
  • What is a living Dex in Pokémon?
    In brief, a Living Dex is not just a complete, National Pokédex of Pokémon caught - it's having a living version of all currently-available Pokémon stored in your boxes or Pokémon Bank/HOME. ... A regular National Dex, by contrast, just requires you to have had those Pokémon in your possession at some point in time.

Have you ever completed a living dex? If not, do you think it's something you'd ever be interested in trying?

Years
  • i completed the ultramoon one, and was planning to transfer the old generations missing pokemon there. i had gen 2, 4 and 5 pokemon to be transferred to ultramoon, so i was almost there lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    I don't remember when, but at some point (Gen 4 or Gen 5) I started storing 1 pokemon of each species for future Dex purposes. For example: I store a Venusaur, but not Ivysaur or Bulbasaur.
    If this counts as a living Dex, then, I did

synrec

Programmer
    Years
  • Nope but I can imagine the effort required to do so would be insane with breeding, specific yimings, item requirements, etc

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I have a full living National Dex per generation (except Generations I and II) .

IIt all started sometime after the release of Generaion VI when I was very, very bored, and then I just kept doing it every time a new generation comes out.

It helps that 1) I have legit Mythical Pokémon thanks to that time they did a series of distributions for the 20th anniversary with some to spare (I did cheat to get them for Generations III, IV and V though) , and 2) Pokémon is basically my go-to game to play when I just want to keep my hands busy.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    No, and not interested. Hangs onto one of each evolutionary line. Suffices.

Years
  • No, tried during early Gen 7 and got bored after completing the Kanto and Johto portions so I gave up.

However I did complete a regional living Pokedex in White 2 a couple of years ago but that's not as impressive as the national living dex.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have had a Living Dex since BW. However, I have just been working on forms since Sword/Shield. I have every Sawsbuck and Deerling Form. I finally got every Vivillon Form, including the event ones. And I have anything else that is a perma form.

If it isn't a form like an Alolan or Lycanroc form, I do not have them all. So no megas... no gigantamaxes ect. With Vivillon finished. I think my only thing I need now is all Unown Forms.

Of course, I also don't have every single shiny pokemon either.

Years
  • I'm almost done with mine. I just need a Kubfu and Pharaoh trim Furfrou. Once the Heart trim Furfrou and Legends: Arceus are released, then I'll have to get them too.

Raj

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Yea I completed the Pokedex in Firered, Emerald and Platinum.

Besides that, I've also fully completed the Pokedex in several fangames such as Pokemon Uranium and Xenoverse which had over 400 Pokemon to catch, with all the starters and such being 1% appearance rates. Took over 150 hours.

It was a good experience, but it also required me owning a lot of different Pokemon games for Firered, such as XD and Colosseum. I don't necessarily think it'd be worth doing in later official games, because it would nag at me that I need to recollect all the older ones without having a viable method.

At this point, I mainly consider completing the Pokedex only in Fangames, and they have to be exceptionally fun prior to me considering it generally speaking.

Back